Organic White Tea

White Tea
Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Branko Šabarić

From Clipper

Unadulterated white tea made from the buds and young leaves of the tea bush. It makes a light, delicate and refreshing brew which is a natural source of antioxidants.

About Clipper View company

2074 tasting notes

This one was from KittyLovesTea! thanks so much! I steeped this for three minutes. White teas aren’t usually my favorite. This one didn’t have enough going for it. Seemed a little boring to me… but maybe that’s just all the wacky teas I’ve had lately. I’ve definitely had worse teas, but this one is just okay. It’s nice to have a plain tea once in a while though. It is tasting better and more complex as it cools though. I did like that today was a black and white tea day though!

hardly drink white tea (too….&…) but since I like Clipper teas, and the brand is now being introduced here (discounts, one free, etc.) I decided to try the white one.

appearance: dark golden, kind of orange coloured tea. Incredibly smooth, cannot really say what is tastes like, it’s just delicate, & smooth. Did I already say that?
smoothest teas I have had in a long time.

It’ll be great for ice tea during summers.

I need a morning kick, so drink this now and then, late at night and/or before going to bed.

nice.

So I ran out of my Stash White Christmas and then I also ran out of my Red Leaf White Matcha so when I was at Target today I grabbed a box of this.

It’s pretty good in a pinch, not a lot to it since white tea doesn’t have a lot going on. It’s maybe a little bit floral. There’s no astringency or tartness. I steeped at 176F and I’m too lazy to remove the bag.

I think I’m going to steep it in with one of my Clipper After Dinner Mints next time so it’ll be minty.

Hands down best white tea, I’ve ever found. I bought a box on vacation at a target and have not been able to find it anywhere else, haven’t broken down to buy it online yet

This was the first white tea I ever tried. It was before I joined Steepster, before I really started drinking tea “properly” or “seriously” or whatever I should call my relationship with tea these days. I was studying for my MLitt in Scotland, and staying in a B&B for 2-3 nights a week. They weren’t particularly generous with the tea in the rooms, and the local (tiny) supermarket didn’t have a particularly huge selection, but they had a couple of things other than the normal bagged black, and they’re the ones I went for. The obsession was starting, even then. I remember picking this up mostly on a whim, maybe because Roland drinks it in Stephen King’s Wizard and Glass, and so the phrase “white tea” was in my brain anyway.

It came back to the hotel with me. I steeped it in boiling water for 4 minutes, and added milk. Poor tortured tea. Needleess to say, I didn’t really like it. In my defence, the box didn’t provide any helpful guidance, and actually suggested boiling water to begin with. The milk, I admit, was my mistake.

I think about it now and want to hit my previous self over the head, but we all started somewhere with tea. Some of our starts were possibly rockier than others. I’d like to go back and revisit this tea one day, just to see if I can make a better job of it. I’m sure I can, but this one deserves at least 75 for the pain I put it through.

Rui A.

Also in early spring try to get some fresh Longjing and Mao Feng green teas or White Peony white tea directly from China. My wife makes me get those every year. They are so yummy and aromatic.

Rasseru

Rui, Where do you get your peony from?

rosebudmelissa

White Peony is amazing.

Rui A.

We got it from a friend when we were last in Hong Kong. It was excellent.

Rui A.

Teavivre also has a couple of good ones.

This is better than some other cheap white tea teabags, and probably quite ok for the price, but has none of the flavour of a decent white tea. In it’s favour it can be steeped for a good while before becoming bitter which is rare with cheap whites, what little taste it does have isn’t unpleasant, and for the price you can’t expect much. But if you want decent white tea with real sweetness and subtlety look elsewhere.

Mild white tea. Not bitter. Great packaging.

a really good white tea :) i can taste either or both chamomile/camellia within the tea.

Flavors: Flowers

Full disclosure: white tea isn’t something I tend to gravitate to drinking straight-up, as I tend to prefer my plain teas to have enough body to stand up to milk or at least more robust tasting notes, and I bought this to blend with an herbal I found cloying on its own. But in the interest of trying everything, I first gave this one a go on its own, and it’s a decent white tea. It’s light, with a bit of astringency and the sort of delicate flavour I could see myself drinking just before dinner, but probably not very often. Maybe iced, when the weather’s warm, as a change from just carrying around a big bottle of water.

this is fast becoming my default morning tea.