Earl Grey

Bergamot, Black Tea
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by adagio breeze

From Clipper

Clipper Organic Earl Grey Tea comes from the beautiful mountains of South India and lush gardens of Ceylon. This organically grown tea delicately scented with natural bergamot flavour makes the perfect cup of Earl Grey. Ingredients: Organically grown black tea, natural Bergamot flavour.

About Clipper View company

Mmmm. This tea is often in my cupboard, so I don’t usually bother to take it out, although I thought I should for my sipdown challenge.

This is hands-down my favourite traditional Earl Grey. It is a staple in my house and the houses of extended family members (it now strongly reminds me of Frank’s family every time I drink it, as they have it more often than unflavoured black tea). Clipper is one of the better brands of teabags usually found in British supermarkets, and I prefer to buy these when we run out of EG when I can afford it. The bergamot is very strong, as is the base tea, which is good for me as I love strong teas. The citrus-y bergamot has a lingering almost orange note, which adds a lovely extra dimension. I wish we had some of these in at the moment – writing up this note is giving me cravings!

Sipdown! (16/203)

Red Fennekin

I know what you mean about Clipper teas! For a ‘standard tea bag’ company, they really are quite decent! :-)

Nattie

Definitely! There isn’t much choice around me, tea-wise, so Clipper is usually my go-to brand when I’m food shopping and get new-tea cravings. (:

My first Clipper tea and probably my last. No discernable bergamot, but underlying tea is good. Possibly a bad batch.

finally available locally!!

great earl grey fan here. This one is just perrrfect!!!

staple tea for me.

It’s definitely a lovely tea to drink. I felt that it was a little more bitter than I had hoped, but I still enjoyed it. It’s a great tea to drink when needing a refreshment during break. Or perfect to add into a travel mug while enjoying the outdoors.