2000 CNNP Lincang Ripe Cake Puerh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by DigniTea
Boiling 7 g 4 oz / 118 ml

• “**Not a Tasting note** I was drinking the last of my sample piece and comparing to other ripes I've had. This one deserves a better score. I already miss it. A really complex and juicy ripe....” Read full tasting note
    jcov 148 tasting notes
  • “Playing around with these same leaves over a three day period. Finally combined (2) longer 8 oz, 10 minute steeps; chilled both together; drank as iced puerh. This was really quite enjoyable. ...” Read full tasting note
    Dignitea 382 tasting notes
  • “A nice mature full flavored ripe tea, with somewhat light body. It has a very good flavor, a bit woodsy and mushroomy, and it just tastes 'old' though I'm not even sure myself what that means....” Read full tasting note
    Rdeitz 79 tasting notes

From CNNP (Yunnan Sourcing)

2000 CNNP “Lincang Ripe Cake” 357g
Produced by a small tea factory in Lincang but using the CNNP “nei fei”, this tea has been dry-stored in Kunming since its production in the year 2000. The blend is a rough with mostly larger leaves and some stems, but the fermentation not too heavy thus allowing this tea to develop complex and rich flavors. Difficult to over-brew this tea brews a deep red wine tea soup with incredible clarity. The flavor and aroma has hints of camphor and dried persimmons. A delicious ripe pu-erh that demonstrates the joys of a dry-aged Lincang ripe tea!

This tea was originally stored in tongs without wrappers. The cakes will come wrapped in white paper! Samples available!
Date: 2000
Ingredients: Fermented Lincang blended material
Produced by an Unknown Tea Factory

About CNNP (Yunnan Sourcing) View company

Not a Tasting note
I was drinking the last of my sample piece and comparing to other ripes I’ve had. This one deserves a better score. I already miss it. A really complex and juicy ripe.

The scent is nice, sweet and complex. The liquor is a beautiful Bright Burgundy color. The whole thing is a pleasure to steep and then drink. If only I could afford several cakes!

Playing around with these same leaves over a three day period. Finally combined (2) longer 8 oz, 10 minute steeps; chilled both together; drank as iced puerh. This was really quite enjoyable. Why throw out good tea leaf until you’ve tried to squeeze out every bit of taste?

Stephanie

Good call

A nice mature full flavored ripe tea, with somewhat light body. It has a very good flavor, a bit woodsy and mushroomy, and it just tastes ‘old’ though I’m not even sure myself what that means. Definitely worth trying at least a sample to see what you’re in for, since the price is somewhat steep.