2000 CNNP Lincang Ripe Cake Puerh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by DigniTea
Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 4 oz / 109 ml

• Not a Tasting note I was drinking the last of my sample piece and comparing to other ripes I’ve had. This one deserves a better score. I already miss it. A really complex and...” Read full tasting note
    jcov 160 tasting notes
  • “Enjoying a nice large cup of this one on a rather cold day – seems to hit the spot. When I drink this one, I typically use the same leaves over a three day period – the quality and...” Read full tasting note
    Dignitea 214 tasting notes
  • “A nice mature full flavored ripe tea, with somewhat light body. It has a very good flavor, a bit woodsy and mushroomy, and it just tastes ‘old’ though I’m not even sure myself...” Read full tasting note
    RichD 113 tasting notes

From CNNP (Yunnan Sourcing)

2000 CNNP “Lincang Ripe Cake” 357g
Produced by a small tea factory in Lincang but using the CNNP “nei fei”, this tea has been dry-stored in Kunming since its production in the year 2000. The blend is a rough with mostly larger leaves and some stems, but the fermentation not too heavy thus allowing this tea to develop complex and rich flavors. Difficult to over-brew this tea brews a deep red wine tea soup with incredible clarity. The flavor and aroma has hints of camphor and dried persimmons. A delicious ripe pu-erh that demonstrates the joys of a dry-aged Lincang ripe tea!

This tea was originally stored in tongs without wrappers. The cakes will come wrapped in white paper! Samples available!
Date: 2000
Ingredients: Fermented Lincang blended material
Produced by an Unknown Tea Factory

About CNNP (Yunnan Sourcing) View company

Not a Tasting note
I was drinking the last of my sample piece and comparing to other ripes I’ve had. This one deserves a better score. I already miss it. A really complex and juicy ripe.

The scent is nice, sweet and complex. The liquor is a beautiful Bright Burgundy color. The whole thing is a pleasure to steep and then drink. If only I could afford several cakes!

Enjoying a nice large cup of this one on a rather cold day – seems to hit the spot. When I drink this one, I typically use the same leaves over a three day period – the quality and maturation of the leaves allows me to do this. The first day (phase) offers a woody, mellow tea which is also quite smooth and mellow with the complexity slowly revealing itself. Good choice for this afternoon with more promise tomorrow.

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 3 OZ / 100 ML
JC

Good Choice! This one of, if not my favorite Shou. I have a Tong at home and it was well worth it(it was cheaper back then), I think this cake still will improve over time the fermentation is perfect for aging, I could see this one tasting awful when it first cake out! lol.

boychik

i sampled it and loved it. Pricy…

DigniTea

Unfortunately, you always need to pay more for aged tea – in this case, fourteen years of aging.

jschergen

Also.. If you’re looking for rationalizations to buy good tea. Despite this being $89, the tea is really just $0.25/g, ~price for average quality Taiwanese oolongs!

A nice mature full flavored ripe tea, with somewhat light body. It has a very good flavor, a bit woodsy and mushroomy, and it just tastes ‘old’ though I’m not even sure myself what that means. Definitely worth trying at least a sample to see what you’re in for, since the price is somewhat steep.