Almond Orange Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Almond, Orange
Edit tea info Last updated by ColumbiaKate

• “Wow... first tasting note for this one.. Being a newbie, not sure how I feel about that. The sun is shining & the snow is finally melting away from the roads making me think it might be nice...” Read full tasting note
    Suziqzer 171 tasting notes
  • “Finally had a chance to sit down and give this tea some of the attention it deserves. Thank you to Columbia Kate's for sending me this sample to try. Dry, the aroma is like opening up a bag of...” Read full tasting note
    TeaBird23 21 tasting notes
  • “I received a small sample of this tea, and its intense scent hit me as soon as I opened the mailer. It would make a lovely potpourri indeed! To me it has a heady "incense" quality that I love but...” Read full tasting note
    cuppaT 15 tasting notes
  • “Happy Autumn! This is my last bit of the tea. It smells so good. There is a nice scent of oranges, and some almond. The almond comes out more in flavour along with the citrus. It tastes like really...” Read full tasting note
    Lariel 420 tasting notes

From Columbia Kate's Teahouse

Essences of sweet, roasted caramelized almonds and sweet apple pieces combined with creamsicle orange rooibos. Naturally caffeine free.

Fantastic aroma. You might be tempted to use it as a Potpourri, but you wouldn’t want to part with it as tea.

Great Hot or Iced!

About Columbia Kate's Teahouse View company

Wow… first tasting note for this one.. Being a newbie, not sure how I feel about that.

The sun is shining & the snow is finally melting away from the roads making me think it might be nice to get out and go somewhere without being beaten by the packed snow on the roads like the last few days have been. So pretty out.. Love the snow when it’s not so cold you can’t enjoy it and when it doesn’t interfere with travel (& school.. an extra week of Christmas break could make anyone stir crazy!).

I finished a cup of Chocolate Candy Cane from The Spice & Tea Exchange, a new favorite, a little while ago and went looking to try something else new. ColumbiaKate had asked if any of us that she sent samples to had tried her new Duck Dinah’s Tea yet, so I reached for the samples she sent. This one smelled yummy as I pulled it out of the package. Sweet, orangey, yummy goodness… very much reminds me of sweet orange cranberry bread. Sorry.. just couldn’t resist but to try this one first!

Upon steeping, the fragrance dulls a bit, but that’s ok… time to taste it. Reminds me of orange creamsicle, which is not usually a favorite of mine, but this is nice. Added a pinch of sugar after my first sip, smaller amount than I normally would use since it’s sweet fragrance lends to it feeling a need for less. The flavors of slightly earthy deep orange and cream both come through and neither are too strong (probably why I don’t care for a true creamsicle-that and a creamsicle is sooo sweeett!). Not sure I’m finding the almond, but it may be part of the sweetness I’m smelling, and it may give part of the creaminess as well, not sure.

I will have to try some of it iced to see if it would make a great selection for summer as well. If it keeps it’s flavors, I could see it being a nice treat rotated with my standard home made fresh spearmint iced tea.

This is the first tea I’ve found with orange overtones that appeals to me. Thanks Columbia Kate for sharing something extra and unexpected with your sample :)

Thank you to Columbia Kate’s for sending me this sample to try.

Dry, the aroma is like opening up a bag of summertime. The orange creamsicle makes its presence known, in a very pleasant way.

I did 1 tsp for a little over 8oz, I think I will add more and steep longer next time. The aroma is still there, but the tastes are a lot more subtle. The rooibos comes through nicely and there is the after taste of the orange. The fruit flavors become stronger as the tea cools. I do get a bit of the almond as well. I bet this would be very refreshing iced at summertime.

Creamsicle in a tea, love this for the summertime nostalgia. Great idea.

I received a small sample of this tea, and its intense scent hit me as soon as I opened the mailer. It would make a lovely potpourri indeed! To me it has a heady “incense” quality that I love but seldom find in a tea, other than certain chais. Very sweet; very orange. Even now, several days later, the scent is still strong in the empty cellophane packaging.

On brewing, a lot of the intensity dissipated, but the scent and flavor were still very nice and became more pronounced as the tea cooled. I added a packet of Truvia, as I do to most of my flavored teas, which helped to bring out the sweetness.

All in all, a yummy tea! Thank you, Columbia Kate’s, for the sample. Thinking about ordering more of this.

Happy Autumn! This is my last bit of the tea. It smells so good. There is a nice scent of oranges, and some almond. The almond comes out more in flavour along with the citrus. It tastes like really good scones. Now I need more.

Flavors: Almond, Orange