Black Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Compass Teas

Talk about comfort in a teacup! This delicious Chai tea is a perfect afternoon tea. It could easily be considered a ‘dessert tea’ that could help you cut your calorie and fat intake by substituting this fragrant cup for your normal dessert. Scrumptious as is, but tastes amazing with a spoonful or two of our all natural Amber Sugar Gems (made of pure Cane Sugar) and a dash of milk, if you like.

3 oz = approximately 40 cups of Gourmet Tea

Black tea- Antioxidant rich, helps keep body hydrated, may help reduce your daily calorie intake which can lead to weight loss
Rooibos- Aid in digestion, high in antioxidants, rich in vitamins and minerals
Chicory Root – Aid in digestion
Spices, Flavoring

About Compass Teas View company

Well, I randomly grabbed 2 teas from my ‘new pile’ and they were both flavored Rooibos…I need some Black tea this morning FIRST…so the 3rd one I grabbed was this little gem. It had both. The best of both worlds!? Well, let’s see…

Post infusion aroma smells like Rooibos, Black Tea, a little Spice…and even a little vanilla – eventho it doesn’t say in the ingredients that there is any vanilla in here but that is what I am sniffing…hum….anyhow…

The rooibos gives a natural sweetness to the black tea and it works out very nicely. The spice isn’t overly spicy and I really like that about this blend! The more I sip the more I like. This is very comforting and pleasant. This is a tasty tea, indeed!

Smells a little chocolatey.
Tastes like it would be a good dessert tea.
A bit of spice at the back of the throat.
Over all, a nice tea.

Steep Information:
Amount: 2 tsp
Water: 12 oz
Tool: kati loose tea system
Steep Time: a little over 2 minutes (http://steep.it/)
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: not much (old sample)
Steeped Tea Smell: cinnamon, spice
Flavor: black tea, cinnamon, pepper, woody
Body: Full
Aftertaste: sweet spice
Liquor: translucent dark brown

This was a gift from TeaEqualsBliss.

This is a different kind of chai, I like the rooibos and black mix. I need to try with honey.

Rating: 3/4 leaves

Pictures: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2011/04/compass-tea-company-loose-leaf-black.html

Thanks to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me this chai!

This is nice. The combination of black tea and chicory provides for a very strong, deep flavor for the chai while the rooibos lightens it just enough so that it isn’t too heavy. The spices are evenly balanced. This is a sweeter tasting chai – a good one for those who find most chai to be too spicy.