Marshmallow Winter

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Compass Teas

The cozy scent of just-melted marshmallows lingers over this black tea blend. For an extra special treat, add White Sugar Gems, milk & a marshmallow! (Yes, we tried it ~ Yum!)

“It’s a marshmallow world in the winter
When the snow comes to cover the ground
It’s the time for play, it’s a whipped cream day
I wait for it the whole year round…”

Ingredients: Black Tea, Organic Flavoring

I checked with the company – this is a VEGAN Tea***

About Compass Teas View company

First, I want to say, I contacted Compass Teas and this is a VEGAN Tea.

Having said that…this DOES smell like a Marshmallowy type aroma. The dry loos leaf is just that…loose leaf…there are no novelTEAs added…it’s a flavored leaf.

It does lose a bit of the aroma once infused. I’m ok with that, tho.

It brews-up very dark brown.

The taste is quite good. It has a medium-strong black tea base. It has a little bit of a sugary-type flavor to it as well as almost equal parts black pepper type flavor to it. In the middle to end of the sip there is a nice amount of woodsy-ness to it, too!

This is an interesting, unique, festive, and tasty flavored black tea! Neat!

that sounds good :)

I love the name of this tea!!

it does sound good yum! the type of seasonal tea i can get excited about.

Alright – this is a sipdown to start getting me back in the right direction. I’ll be down to 80 teas after this.

As another bonus, this was a seasonal tea so I can’t buy more. Even though when I went on the website to check for sure it was out of stock, I found a watermelon black tea. WATERMELON. BLACK. I’ve only just this year realized I can eat watermelon. Up until now I have been unable to stomach used to taste absolutely foul. Cantaloupe still tastes that way – one bite and it’s like this rancid bomb explodes all over my tongue. So gross.

Anyway, so I had this hot with milk and sugar and am currently enjoying the balance of marshmallow and black tea in my cup. I’m bummed though – I started making this before i pulled up my last tasting note and I had wanted to try blending with the Laoshan chocolate genmaicha. Grrr. That really would have been awesome. Ah well. I guess I’ll just have to hold out until the winter when it comes back and give it a try then! (And put a note somewhere so I can remember to do it for real!)

Josie Jade

Watermelon Black sounds wonderful!

High Adventure

I was justhing thinking the Laoshan Chocolate Genmaicha would blend well with a marshmallow flavor.

I got this as a sample in my Compass order and am just trying it today for the first time. I get no flavor, sweetness, or marshmallow in this at all. Just a basic black tea…however it is a really good basic black tea!! Like TeaEqualsBliss said it brews to a medium dark color; it has a strong taste but not an overly bitter one. I wouldn’t drink this if I were in the mood for a flavored tea but if I needed a caffeine boost and didn’t want any extra flavor (which is rare for me), I’d reach for it.