Quangzhou Milk Oolong

Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina
8 min or more 12 oz / 354 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This tea is my relaxing after a whirlwind morning. I got up, made coffee for my sweetie, made french toast for three and then when all that was done, took the hot water left in the kettle and made...” Read full tasting note
    Anlina 215 tasting notes

From Cornelia Bean

This oolong is unlike any other. Produced in China, its buttery taste and almost salty nature is a delight to the senses.

About Cornelia Bean View company

1 Tasting Note

This tea is my relaxing after a whirlwind morning. I got up, made coffee for my sweetie, made french toast for three and then when all that was done, took the hot water left in the kettle and made tea. I steeped this cup for a cool 9 minutes, and even when I took the leaves out, they were only beginning to unfurl, still all crinkly from being rolled up.

This tea really benefits from a long steep, though I think it brews up better with slightly hotter water than I used. It has a beautiful, full mouth buttery flavour that overlays a light, nuttiness. There’s a hint of dry mouth feel on the finish, but no astringency, and the faintest floral note.

Such a lovely cup, and a lovely way to start the day. I’m looking forward to my second steep of these leaves, and what comes out.

Definitely a more complex and full mouth flavour than the milk oolong from DAVID’s Tea.

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Floral, Nutty, Umami

8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
mj

Nice review! I have the one from David’s and was wondering how it compared to other QMOs

Anlina

Yeah, I think we pay a bit more for this QMO than it is at David’s, but I think it’s worth it. This is a staple at my partner’s place and I just started buying it so I could have it at home because it’s so good.