Prickly Pear

Fruit Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Dexter3657

• “sipdown! I am relaxing this evening by watching a few shows and having a couple of good solid cups of tea to finish off a couple samples. I'm pretty proud of myself for getting to under 200 teas...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4043 tasting notes
  • “I get to add first note??! I feel stressed just thinking about that!! Ok, I'll do it. First, I must thank the ridiculously generous Dexter3657 for sending me this...thank you!!! The dry leaf...” Read full tasting note
    scribbles 179 tasting notes
  • “This was wonderful! Tart but not too sour. I kept it steeping in my tea traveller and it just kept getting better and better! The pear flavour is strong and enhanced by the kiwi and rose. I think...” Read full tasting note
    mewakeling 438 tasting notes
  • “A fruity herbal with no hibiscus, can it be? It can! This is a tasty cup. Sweet fruity flavor with just a little bit of a sour kick. It is like a jelly belly :)” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1359 tasting notes

From Cornelia Bean

Ingredients: Pear bits, melon bits, rose buds, kiwi bits, rose blossoms, citric acid, vitamin C, flavour
1tsp 98°C 5+ Mins

About Cornelia Bean View company

sipdown! I am relaxing this evening by watching a few shows and having a couple of good solid cups of tea to finish off a couple samples. I’m pretty proud of myself for getting to under 200 teas this weekend AND resisting buying tea from butiki and tealux – two things i had told myself i could do if i got to under 200. But I am trying to hold out until the end of November. Terri and i have to stay strong!

I really love this tea. It’s one of those teas that i would order again just to have around for when the mood struck. thanks so much to dexter for sharing this one with me! love it!

Cavocorax

Good job resisting tea sales!
(you should reward yourself with more tea – bahahahah)

i will…by DRINKING more :P

I get to add first note??! I feel stressed just thinking about that!!

Ok, I’ll do it. First, I must thank the ridiculously generous Dexter3657 for sending me this…thank you!!!

The dry leaf is pretty – all chunky fruits and petals and it smells sweet.

It brews up to a light golden colour, and once brewed it is reminiscent of tart flowers. But neither is overbearing. I don’t like tart tea’s usually, but this one is pretty good. The tartness is so light, that it adds to the flavour in a positive way. If the tartness wasn’t present it would be too sweet.I am also getting a hint of pear, which works really well with the tartness.

Dexter3657 was generous with this sample, my next sampling of this will be as cold brew which I think will be fantastic for this particular tea.

TheTeaFairy

Great «first» on this tea :-)

scribbles

Thank you…the pressure! :) and welcome back!

This was wonderful! Tart but not too sour. I kept it steeping in my tea traveller and it just kept getting better and better! The pear flavour is strong and enhanced by the kiwi and rose. I think this made for a really nice tea, but it is also going to be a lovely iced tea!

A fruity herbal with no hibiscus, can it be? It can!

i’m going to be stalking your tasting notes lol

VariaTEA

Haha. I have some swap teas I should probably drink first but I got so excited when the box arrived I immediately started brewing some teas. Luckily most of the ones I ordered are caffeine free where as the swaps are caffeinated so I can try those teas during the day and the Cornelia Bean teas at night.

Haha I know how you feel! I totally opened up my lupicia teas to drink the non caffeinated ones…..after I was making so much progress sipping down things. I’m thinking my cupboard may explode tomorrow…..

VariaTEA

I was looking at the Lupicia Orzo teas as caffeine free options because they sounded interesting. How have you found them? And are your getting the teas from Terri tomorrow?

Orzo is similar to soba from h and s…but flavoured and tasty…I can send some later. Also, Two packages to pick up tomorrow…but I’m not sure from who.

VariaTEA

Sounds delicious and yay for packages!! I am hoping the Butiki order shows up tomorrow but if it doesn’t then I am sure it will appear sometime next week. It cleared customs today.

Roswell Strange

Tea Desire has a Prickly Pear herbal without hibiscus (it’s great cold brewed). Next swap I can send some to you if you wanna try another similar blend.

VariaTEA

And I can send you this as well. I think I will have to start a list of things to send to you :P