Prickly Pear

Pear, Tart, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina
205 °F / 96 °C 8 oz / 236 ml

• “sipdown! I am relaxing this evening by watching a few shows and having a couple of good solid cups of tea to finish off a couple samples. I'm pretty proud of myself for getting to under 200 teas...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5241 tasting notes
  • “I get to add first note??! I feel stressed just thinking about that!! Ok, I'll do it. First, I must thank the ridiculously generous Dexter3657 for sending me this...thank you!!! The dry leaf...” Read full tasting note
    scribbles 240 tasting notes
  • “This was wonderful! Tart but not too sour. I kept it steeping in my tea traveller and it just kept getting better and better! The pear flavour is strong and enhanced by the kiwi and rose. I think...” Read full tasting note
    mewakeling 506 tasting notes
  • “Hmm, interesting. Steeped, the tea smells very creamy, but tastes very tart. It's a weird mismatch. I tried it plain first, but I was mostly getting tart an not much else. A teaspoon of sugar...” Read full tasting note
    Anlina 373 tasting notes

From Cornelia Bean

Ingredients: Pear bits, melon bits, rose buds, kiwi bits, rose blossoms, citric acid, vitamin C, flavour
1tsp 98°C 5+ Mins

About Cornelia Bean View company

sipdown! I am relaxing this evening by watching a few shows and having a couple of good solid cups of tea to finish off a couple samples. I’m pretty proud of myself for getting to under 200 teas this weekend AND resisting buying tea from butiki and tealux – two things i had told myself i could do if i got to under 200. But I am trying to hold out until the end of November. Terri and i have to stay strong!

I really love this tea. It’s one of those teas that i would order again just to have around for when the mood struck. thanks so much to dexter for sharing this one with me! love it!

Cavocorax

Good job resisting tea sales!
(you should reward yourself with more tea – bahahahah)

i will…by DRINKING more :P

I get to add first note??! I feel stressed just thinking about that!!

Ok, I’ll do it. First, I must thank the ridiculously generous Dexter3657 for sending me this…thank you!!!

The dry leaf is pretty – all chunky fruits and petals and it smells sweet.

It brews up to a light golden colour, and once brewed it is reminiscent of tart flowers. But neither is overbearing. I don’t like tart tea’s usually, but this one is pretty good. The tartness is so light, that it adds to the flavour in a positive way. If the tartness wasn’t present it would be too sweet.I am also getting a hint of pear, which works really well with the tartness.

Dexter3657 was generous with this sample, my next sampling of this will be as cold brew which I think will be fantastic for this particular tea.

TheTeaFairy

Great «first» on this tea :-)

scribbles

Thank you…the pressure! :) and welcome back!

This was wonderful! Tart but not too sour. I kept it steeping in my tea traveller and it just kept getting better and better! The pear flavour is strong and enhanced by the kiwi and rose. I think this made for a really nice tea, but it is also going to be a lovely iced tea!

Hmm, interesting. Steeped, the tea smells very creamy, but tastes very tart. It’s a weird mismatch.

I tried it plain first, but I was mostly getting tart an not much else. A teaspoon of sugar helps it, though I think it’s too much sugar. Sweetened, the flavour of pear and maybe vanilla comes out a bit. Still very tart, but better.

I steeped this quite a long time, so I think I will experiment with more tea and less time next cup. And sugar, but only a little.

Flavors: Pear, Tart, Vanilla

205 °F / 96 °C 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Dexter

:(( I really like this one.

Anlina

I’m going to give it another try. The person at the counter said it was their favourite of the Pear Garden teas too. I’m wondering if I just didn’t make it properly. Any tips?

Dexter

LOL cold steep it overnight. If not, shrug – I would do 1.5 tsp/8z 100C 5 min – but that’s just me

I was so curious to try some of Cornelia Bean fruity blends…of course my friend Dexter3657 sent me a supply, I was thrilled!

She sent a generous quantity so I was able to make a large jug in the fridge.

Oh this tasted so wonderful! It’s a little tart but not from evil hibiscus, yay, there are none in this blend!

It’s got a REAL pear taste, I insist on real here cause it’s so hard to find. It’s like drinking pear and rose water together! You should sea the quality of the rose buds in this, they are so perfect and pretty, you want to collect them instead of throwing them away.

There’s also watermelon and kiwi in this blend, I think I can identify the melon, but not the kiwi.

The jug lasted half an hour as I could not stop myself and slurped it all.

Thank you Dexter3657 for this beautiful fruit tisane :-)

yyz

Sounds really good. I agree that prickly pear and rose make an awesome combination. I have a Polish green tea like that that makes an awesome spring summer tea. It kind of tastes like late spring.

TheTeaFairy

I like the idea of a “late spring” taste, beautiful :-)

You can pick these up online but you need to get minimum 50g

TheTeaFairy

Oh, thanks VariaTea, don’t know why, but I thought for some reasons that CB did not sell on line… Oh noooo! That’s bad news for tea wallet!!!

TheTeaFairy

(I’m gonna remove that statement from my post then, don’t want to give people the wrong info)

Dexter

If there are any that you want to try just let me know, I can pick some up for you. This one is good, but I think Dragonberry is amazing. Hope you like the others I sent you. :))

TheTeaFairy :-) I will have the Dragonberry tomorrow…
VariaTEA

TeaFairy, I just saw you are near Montreal! I just left Montreal and miss it already. You should check out Camellia Sinensis if you have not already since it is awesome!

TheTeaFairy

VariaTEA, I’m glad you enjoyed your time in MTL :-) there aren’t enough good tea shops in Mtl, I live about an hour away from the city, but used to live near Camellia Sinensis and go there all the time! Wish I was nearer now, they give awesome classes. You remind me that I don’t order often enough from them, did you end up buying lots of tea? (i know, weird question to ask to a tea addict, lol)

Sipdown (185/190)!

Gotta keep things short because my bus’ll be here any minute now – but cold brewed this sample from VariaTEA because I know that Tea Desire’s Prickly Pear (which is nearly identical in ingredients) is very good that way.

And I’m not surprised this is too! It’s phenomenal; kiwi, pear, melon, a little bit of a floral aspect, and just a touch tangy/sour really does equal a yummy treat! Sad to see this one go, but I still have the TD version so I’m not that broken up about it.

They really are practically the same!

TheTeaFairy

I also have a sample of this, you make it sound really yummy, can’t wait to try :-)

VariaTEA

Weirdly I liked this better hot.

VariaTEA

I am glad you enjoyed it though :)

2005 tasting notes

A fruity herbal with no hibiscus, can it be? It can!

This is a tasty cup. Sweet fruity flavor with just a little bit of a sour kick. It is like a jelly belly :)

i’m going to be stalking your tasting notes lol

VariaTEA

Haha. I have some swap teas I should probably drink first but I got so excited when the box arrived I immediately started brewing some teas. Luckily most of the ones I ordered are caffeine free where as the swaps are caffeinated so I can try those teas during the day and the Cornelia Bean teas at night.

Haha I know how you feel! I totally opened up my lupicia teas to drink the non caffeinated ones…..after I was making so much progress sipping down things. I’m thinking my cupboard may explode tomorrow…..

VariaTEA

I was looking at the Lupicia Orzo teas as caffeine free options because they sounded interesting. How have you found them? And are your getting the teas from Terri tomorrow?

Orzo is similar to soba from h and s…but flavoured and tasty…I can send some later. Also, Two packages to pick up tomorrow…but I’m not sure from who.

VariaTEA

Sounds delicious and yay for packages!! I am hoping the Butiki order shows up tomorrow but if it doesn’t then I am sure it will appear sometime next week. It cleared customs today.

Roswell Strange

Tea Desire has a Prickly Pear herbal without hibiscus (it’s great cold brewed). Next swap I can send some to you if you wanna try another similar blend.

VariaTEA

And I can send you this as well. I think I will have to start a list of things to send to you :P