Dragonberry

Fruit Tea
Blueberry, Cranberry, Dragon Fruit, Flavor, Goji Berries, Kiwi, Papaya, Pineapple, Sea Buckthorn Berries
Berries, Fruity, Strawberry, Sweet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From Cornelia Bean

I’m leaving this like this until Dexter notices and fixes this! :)

Ingredients: Date bits, dragon fruit, sea buckthorn berries, chokeberries, gogi berries, pineapple, papaya, kiwi, blueberries, cranberries, flavour

About Cornelia Bean View company

Great Canadian Travelling Tea Box

So i’m a little over whelmed today in terms of being both a) exausted and b) feeling like my cupboard is totally out of control. Not sure why today feels that way since i’m not much higher after getting my orders in, than i have been in the past. 223 if you’re curious.

I still have a few teas left from the travelling teabox that I want to try, that i don’t want to parcel out and add to my cupboard. Same thing in principle i know except this saves a bag.

So the tea…I really wanted to try this one because it’s from a local shop near Dexter and because it’s one of the most interesting looking teas i’ve seen…AND it’s apparently her favourite tisane…that she didn’t bother adding to steepster! cough So i dont know what’s in this except some green stuff and yellow stuff and purple things…and it smell great! This actually comes as close as i’ve seen to the “fruit tea” i had while i was in Beijing. Seriously…it’s fan-freaking-delicious! I may just have to beg dexter to buy me some and send it my way or something. or i could just buy some stuff…since i took two seconds just now to go look at their website lol

Sooo i’m rambling i have a head ache and haven’t had dinner and really just want to go to bed. but this tea? it’s like a spot of funshine. yep. funshine.

Dexter

Sorry, my mistake – it was in my cupboard and steepster as dragon fruit not dragon berry. Apple pieces, dragon fruit pieces, sea buckthorn berries, chokeberries, goji berries, kiwi edges sulfurated, pineapple pieces, papaya pieces, citric acid, cranberry pieces, blueberries, vitamin C, flavour
I think in store they actually call it dragonberry fruit….

Dexter

I can definitely get you more if you would like some.

i’ll keep that in mind. I may just end up placing an order at some point…if i ever get my cupboard under control haha

Dexter

I feel that in the spirit of full disclosure, I should mention that is is amazing cold steeped too – I’ve actually cold steeped it about half and half with straight white, green, and black…..it works really well with the different bases.

RogersCK

That sounds delish!

Amazing!! I like this one even more than I liked Prickly Pear, and I really liked that one! This tea is much more berry influenced. Given my love for Redberry Tonic, I can taste the sea buckthorn, but there is so many more berries and fruits that it just makes for a lovely sharp blend. I tried it hot and am looking forward to trying it cold too!

Oh this is very nice. Way better than DAVID’s Magic Dragon. As good as Teavana’s Dragonfruit Devotion. Mmmmm. And so pretty too.

Flavors: Berries, Fruity, Strawberry, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

Dragonfruit (pitahaya) is one of my favorite exotic fruit. It is also stunning to look at, flashy fuchsia cactus/dragon like on the exterior, beautiful snowy white flesh with tiny black polka dots on the inside.

When Dexter3657 told me she had a tisane made of this fantastic fruit, I said «Please, please, oh please!!!!»

I really don’t know why she felt like she had to send me some…;-)

Wow, I iced it and it is really good! No hibiscus people and not overly sweet, which makes it the perfect refreshment.

When Cornelia Bean say Dragon and Berry, they mean it! There’s huge Dragonfruit slices and tons of berries in the blend. It’s super fruity and tasty, with a little tang. That might be from the cranberries. I don’t know what chokeberries or the buckthorn berries taste like so I can’t comment.

It’s similar to a fruit tisane from Zen Tea, Goji Chokeberry Strawberry, but I prefer Cornelia Bean, a lot more Dragonfruit and berries, no apples. (Zen tea is made of over 50% apple pieces but it’s still very good)

I will have this again, I promise. And this time, I mean I will buy it myself :-)

Thanks you so much Dexter3657, this one is a hit!!!

caile

Nice! I will have to get some of this for sure!

Dexter

Fairy – I knew you would like it, I’m just going to keep saying it. This is my favorite tisane.

Dexter

Caile – If you like fruit tisane, this one is amazing, but in general Cornelia Bean does them really well. I also like Pickly Pear, Frisky Rhubarb, Juicy Peach,and Pear Garden “Black Currant”. If you are going to the store, don’t forget to stop by Bernard Callebaut for chocolate. ;)) it’s always a dangerous trip for me.

caile

Thanks for those recommendations! I was just going to look at their website to plan my shopping trip. :) I’ve only had a couple of their berry tisanes – lake of the woods blend and moody manitoba – which were both so tasty! But, I’ve never stopped for chocolate…although have often thought about it!

Dexter

I haven’t tried either of the ones you mentioned. Will have to check them out.
Not stopping for chocolate – you have more willpower than I do. Fantastic tea and fantastic chocolate on the same block – I don’t go very often – ends up being an expensive trip, but sooooo much fun. I also love the interesting teaware that Cornelia has. :))

TheTeaFairy

Ok stop it!!! I’m the girl who has NO tea shops near by, remember? Please stop bragging, I envy you too much ;-)

Dexter

Sorry Fairy…. :(( You could come and visit. In the summer it’s a nice half hour walk from here to Cornelia through a beautiful old tree lined neighborhood. Spend a couple of hours strolling past big century old character homes, smell some tea, nibble some chocolate, wander back home…. telling you – would be fun. ;)

TheTeaFairy

Lol, be careful what you wish for…(I just grabbed my keys and my GPS, I’m on my way!!)

caile

Lol, I was about to say that I used to walk there sometimes! :)

Dexter

LOL – I think you would get waylaid in Toronto – soooooo many cool shops to visit there – so many Steepster buddies there. I’m not sure you would make it this far… ;))

Dexter

Caile – I live in the village – I just LOVE wandering down Wellington Cres towards Acadamy. Looking at all the houses I will NEVER be able to afford – it’s fun to dream though. :))

My first Cornelia Bean experience!

Dexter3657 (I really hope I’m getting those numbers in the right order) was very thoughtful when sending her package to me, and went through my wishlist – sending teas I had on there and teas that were similar to what I had on there, like this one which is pretty similar to the Dragonfruit blend from Cuppa’T that I have included there.

Since the Cuppa’T blend is on the list as something I enjoyed thoroughly/wish to acquire again for cold brewing, that’s how I decided to prepare this one! In total this steeped overnight and briefly this morning for somewhere around 15 hours. Now that it’s strained and I’m drinking it, I think it’s absolutely delicious!

Mostly, I just taste the dragonfruit and it reminds me of pink dragonfruit vitamin water in the same way that Cuppa’T Specialty Teas’ Dragon Fruit Cranberry blend did. Which is a good thing. A really good thing. However, if I really pick this apart I can separate some of the flavours and in doing so am able to notice the dragon fruit, kiwi, chokeberries, cranberries, and to some extent the pineapple individually. However, I think I would much rather prefer to not focus on that and instead experience the tea all together as a whole.

Overall, I think I like Cuppa’T’s take better – but only slightly. I would be more than content to have either that blend or this blend stocked in quantity! Mmm! So thank you a bundle Dexter3657 for the incredibly thoughtful add in! This was a fantastic first introduction to Cornelia Bean, and I’m very excited to have enough of this left for a second cold brew. Mmm!

Iced 8 min or more 3 tsp 25 OZ / 739 ML
Helena

hehe I’ve never stopped in the Cornelia Bean but I guess I’ll have to go try some of their blends. It’s a bit of walk from home though so I’ll go when the snow leaves. Or the temperature around here goes up to +1C or 0C

VariaTEA

I was sooo close to getting this in my most recent order and didn’t :(. Now I wish I had. By the way, if you want to try more of their teas, I have plenty to share!

Helena

Lol I have to drink my tea stash down a bit first. I still have some Butiki Teas, Teavivre and my monthly Verdant Tea bundle before I can order anything else.

Roswell Strange

Went through and added some things to my wishlist; but if you do decide to send me some of their blends just send whatever you dislike/think I’d like: you know my tastes pretty well by now ;)

VariaTEA

That is true. I will send something off soon enough. I keep trying to remember everything I plan on sending you but I always forget. I should make a list.

Dexter

Awesome, yes I included it because of a similar one on your wish list. I really need to pick up more of this for the summer, but as Helena said will wait for it to warm up a bit first.

Helena

-25C today.. are you sure spring is even coming? it’s like the white rabbit always late!

Dexter

I know Helena, it was crazy cold for the end of March. Walked about a block to the post office today, wasn’t fun. I am sure though that spring will come even if it is late. If you haven’t been to Cornelia Bean then I’d recommend that you pop in and check it out. Fun little store. The clerks aren’t as knowledgeable as I would like, but it nice. My problem is that Bernard Callebaut is two doors down. End up binging on tea AND chocolate. :))