Sea Buckthorn Cream Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Citrusy, Cream, Vanilla, Wood
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by OMGsrsly

• “Sipdown (168/174)! I've been a lazy teablogger, and I feel bad about it. So, time to work through some backlog, because I've had several interesting teas over the last two days which I've yet to...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1713 tasting notes
  • “Hmm. AKA Rooibos Cream. Yeah, IDK, VariaTEA. It's not quite rooibos, but the rooibos is very very present. Of course, it's screaming hot at the moment, so it might change as it cools down. Too bad...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1377 tasting notes
  • “I really can't wrap my head around this one. I know there is a taste there that isn't the rooibos but I can't quite describe it. There is a hint of sweetness but nothing distinct enough that I...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1848 tasting notes

From Cornelia Bean

Sea buckthorn is a shrub that is now being grown in Teulon, Manitoba. High in Omega 3, it is known to have various healing and health-promoting vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, and micro elements that are contained in all parts of the plant, but the most potent is in the oils of the fruit. This oil has been proven to be an amazingly effective natural remedy for sore throats, strep throat, acid reflux, Crohn’s disease, and other problems related to the gastrointestinal tract.

1tsp 98°C 5+ Mins

Ingredients: Rooibos, sea buckthorn berries, sunflower blossoms, flavour

About Cornelia Bean View company

Sipdown (168/174)!

I’ve been a lazy teablogger, and I feel bad about it. So, time to work through some backlog, because I’ve had several interesting teas over the last two days which I’ve yet to log, and I really want to explore the updates to the flavours list some more!

This was an easy sample sipdown from VariaTEA and a tea I had for breakfast in the morning. I think it says a lot in a probably bad way that this is my third Sea Buckthorn tea and I still haven’t got a clue what Sea Buckthorn tastes like! It makes my head hurt.

Basically this was a very smooth and creamy rooibos with maybe the faintest hint of generic, borderline “dry/tart” fruit? I really should have logged it after I had it while the flavour notes were still fresh in my memory. It was good; just subtley flavoured. I’d drink it again if presented the chance, but I wont seek it out either.

Sea Buckthorn what do you taste like!? Why is your flavour so elusive!?

Flavors: Citrusy, Cream, Vanilla, Wood

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Hmm. AKA Rooibos Cream.

Yeah, IDK, VariaTEA. It’s not quite rooibos, but the rooibos is very very present. Of course, it’s screaming hot at the moment, so it might change as it cools down. Too bad I need to go sleep now. I might update in the morning (if I remember), how the tea changes when cold.

Better tasting note later, for sure though.

I really can’t wrap my head around this one. I know there is a taste there that isn’t the rooibos but I can’t quite describe it. There is a hint of sweetness but nothing distinct enough that I could explain it. I really hope OMGsrsly has a more sophisticated palate and will be able to figure it out when she gets her half of this tea.

OMGsrsly

Ahaha. Maybe, maybe not. :) I do have the sea buckthorn matcha to compare it to, though.

VariaTEA

Haha. We shall see how it compares. It is just so subtle that it is hard to detect any specific flavor

MissB

.. and I sent you a Kusmi tea with sea buckthorn in it too… quite the stash! :)

OMGsrsly

Yeah, I couldn’t deal with the licorice in that one. I found it really overpowered at the end of each sip. :/