Berkshire Apple and Fig

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Tabby

• “Hey, Steepster, been a while! I'm back with a post I wrote a few days ago on my iPod. I'm having this iced and unsweetened at a new cafe in Decatur, Cozee Teas. It's so new that I can't even...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 457 tasting notes
  • “I found Cozee Teas by accident when I was in the area for a Saturday. I walked in, because how do you not at least walk into a tea shop? I found this tea on sale, and after smelling it, I knew...” Read full tasting note
    DrinkAllTheTea 21 tasting notes

From Cozee Teas

New England heirloom apples create the base for this delicious combination of tart apples and sweet, jammy figs. Hint of warming clove and star anise draw out the natural sweetness in this black tea blend.

About Cozee Teas View company

Hey, Steepster, been a while! I’m back with a post I wrote a few days ago on my iPod.

I’m having this iced and unsweetened at a new cafe in Decatur, Cozee Teas. It’s so new that I can’t even check in on Facebook and frankly, though the place is cute, it’s seemingly very low budget, and I worry that it won’t be here long. It’s almost empty of customers, and a bit cluttered, decorated with some new and some vintage furniture. Plus, a glass of iced tea cost me more than four dollars, and that disappointed me a bit.

Anyway, the tea tastes like a Ceylon blend. It’s very fruity, and pleasantly sweet on its own. The fig flavor is stronger than the apple, which sort of rests in the background. Something about it also reminds me of black cherry. It’s refreshing, but I feel like it needs something. After a little agave nectar, the fruit flavors are even more bright, but the black tea is more muted. So I’m not sure if that was a good choice or not. But all around, this is a nice, tasty fruit tea… but not really worth what I paid for it…

I found this tea on sale, and after smelling it, I knew I had to add it to my collection. I love fruity teas, especially black teas. I did love that I could differentiate both the fig and apple taste. Both were an excellent complement for the mild black tea.

This is a comforting tea I drink in the middle of the day.