Cavalla

Cocoa
Chocolate, Dark Bittersweet, Dark Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA
Boiling 8 min or more 12 oz / 354 ml

• “In my comparison this evening with Coca River, I can totally get the coconut in this awesome cuppa now. It adds to the creaminess, and is ever so subtle, but it's there. Perhaps that's why I've...” Read full tasting note
    Courtney 674 tasting notes
  • “Yeah, ok, this might be stretching it a bit with the whole "herbal tea" thing. I found this in a local grocery store and could not resist. I bought some. Yes. And finally tonight I brewed some up....” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1363 tasting notes

From Crio Bru

Premium roasted cocoa with natural hints of coconut and cinnamon

Winding along its western front, the Cavalla™ River gives shape to the exotic Ivory Coast. The surrounding agricultural area is dotted with small, family-owned farms that produce the very best African cacao. The dark, earthy-toned beans are carefully handpicked and dried naturally by the sun to enhance the full-bodied chocolate flavor, which hints of dark spice, coconut and cinnamon. These incredible natural flavors come to life when you brew a cup of Cavalla™, made from 100% pure, perfectly roasted cocoa beans.

Crio Bru is made from roasted cocoa beans.

2 tbsp per 177ml/6oz cup, brew long (6-12 min) or mix with coffee (or tea!). No paper filters as they will clog.

About Crio Bru View company

In my comparison this evening with Coca River, I can totally get the coconut in this awesome cuppa now. It adds to the creaminess, and is ever so subtle, but it’s there.

Perhaps that’s why I’ve been reaching for this one the most.

VariaTEA

I think tomorrow after work, I will start doing comparisons of these teas. I will be sure to watch for the creaminess in this one and the bitterness in Coca River

Yeah, ok, this might be stretching it a bit with the whole “herbal tea” thing.

I found this in a local grocery store and could not resist. I bought some. Yes. And finally tonight I brewed some up. 2 tbsp this and 1 tbsp coffee (I KNOW! Coffee isn’t tea!) in a 10 oz mug for just over 3 mins. I added cream.

It’s actually REALLY good. Think 90% dark chocolate. Blended with coffee. This would be a great addition to some teas, although the website says this stuff brews best at 8-12 minutes. Maybe treat it like a chai and cook it on the stovetop, adding tea for the last few minutes? Any tea you want to taste intensely dark chocolatey and have that rich delicious mouthfeel of chocolate (that might be partially the cream talking!). That’s what you’d brew it with. I’m thinking a couple puerh teas I have might be really nice with it. Hazelnut teas. Yes. It is time to experiment.

This one says it has notes of coconut and cinnamon. I definitely taste the cinnamon notes. So delicious. I think I’ll brew up some more without the caffeine, maybe in almond milk, for a before bed treat!

I can’t remember which one I picked u lol

OMGsrsly

I was unpacking from yesterday and today, and the kettle was on… I couldn’t resist. :) It’s steeped ground cocoa nibs. That should describe the flavour pretty well! Just too bad it calls for SO MUCH per cup! I’ll update later after I have a latte version.

Just double checked…I had picked up maracaibo

OMGsrsly

They didn’t have any of that one left!

OMGsrsly

Report back: I steeped 2 tbsp this in 12 oz-ish final volume of unsweetened almond milk. I heated it on the stove then covered it and left it for… a while. 15 mins? 30 mins? Somewhere in there. Then I strained it carefully into a mug, and sipped. OMG. It’s like drinking 99% chocolate. So I added sugar. And more sugar. And ended up with 1.5tsp sugar in my mug, to get it to the “rich dark drinking chocolate” level of barely sweetness.

Interesting. I quite like it because it’s richer than cocoa powder due to the whole bean-ness of it. Not for every day though.

If you ever let me send mail to you, I’ll send you a bit of the one I picked up heh

Anna

Cavalla is fish. And a river.

I’ve been to Kavala, which is in Greece.

The name of this tea confuses me.

OMGsrsly

The chocolate is grown near the Cavalla River, apparently. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavalla_River