Cardamom Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by gmathis

• “Hey, who took the tea out of my tea? I think that my tastes have become more pronounced. I don't like weak teas. I like teas to slap me around with smoke; to bang me in the face with a ton of...” Read full tasting note
    Doulton 255 tasting notes
  • “This smelled so strong in the pouch, I was afraid I was going to have to push the slider clear down to Mr. Yuk. Don't have to go that far, but I'm not gettin' much o'nothin' ... Maybe a little...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1624 tasting notes

From Culinary Teas

Our Cardamom tea has the true taste of almost candy-like cardamom.

Made with all natural flavorings.

About Culinary Teas View company

Hey, who took the tea out of my tea? I think that my tastes have become more pronounced. I don’t like weak teas. I like teas to slap me around with smoke; to bang me in the face with a ton of spinach; to throttle me with riches; to have a body like one of those WWW guys and the education of a Rhodes scholar. I like a tea with an upbringing like Prince Charles including all of the eccentricities and the bite of his Rottweiler.

A few months of consideration and serious drinking has led me to reject the timid. I think that Cardamon tea on its own is a timid little lassie, unschooled in the ways of the world. I could envision serving this to children at a little tea party (note to self: I’m glad my children are now officially elderly and don’t need service, whatever they might want).

I think I’ll say that if you like Cardamon, the taste is there. I think I’ll save this tea and add it to a really rich full-bodied tea and see if I can make my own blend of Chai. Must pursue JacquelineM’s recipes for home blends.

…spinach?
But yeah, that definitely sounds like a candidate for chai.

LiberTEAS

Yeah… it would be good for a custom blend of chai… it might also be good with a chocolate-y tea.

AmazonV

i know that mixing the Cardamon Cinnamon tea from republic of tea with another tea or even just wine or apple juice results in delicious things, alone it is rather sad.

Ewa

Wine, really? Do you heat it up or what?

AmazonV

@Ewa yes in the winter hot mulled wine is delicious, just put a bit in with the spices in a pot and warm it up and keep taking sips after a few minutes until the spice is strong enough. my favorite is red wine with chai spices, although apple wine with cinnamon is good as well.

SoccerMom

hmmm I’ve heard of mulled wine but never tried it. I guess I’ll have to try this recipe in the winter.

Ewa

I’ve made mulled wine before (best use of two-buck Chuck, evar!) but it never occurred to me to use tea for it.

AmazonV

call it lazy? the tea was kinda lacking…something but was nice and spicy, so we found another better use for it!

Ewa

woah woah woah, that’s not lazy, it’s INNOVATIVE.

This smelled so strong in the pouch, I was afraid I was going to have to push the slider clear down to Mr. Yuk. Don’t have to go that far, but I’m not gettin’ much o’nothin’ … Maybe a little piney or cedary hint in the background, which would be more appropriate if I were in the porch swing of an Ozarks cabin on this soggy day, instead of stuck at a desk. Bottom line—diluted Mr. Clean.