Caramel Creme Brule

Edit tea info Last updated by LENA
Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “Back after a long, and quite frankly awful, absence. I've been sick for a week after having an allergic reaction to some antibiotics. Wasn't able to have any of my tea! =( The worst seems to have...” Read full tasting note
    emehi1015 123 tasting notes
  • “I had this back when I was sick last week and had lost my ability to taste anything. It was ok, but not great. I wanted to give this fair shot so I tried it again this afternoon. It was pretty...” Read full tasting note
    TastyBrew 357 tasting notes
  • “I got this one from *Darby* The dry notes smell of caramel only. Once steeped it tastes mainly like a black with the slightest hint o caramel. I added some honey to try and save it, I got more of...” Read full tasting note
    tattooed_tea 290 tasting notes
  • “Nah. I overleafed this intentionally because I've found myself disappointed by caramel teas lately, which I at least half attribute to me being stingy with my leaves . Soooo this is kind of...” Read full tasting note
    whatshesaid 191 tasting notes

From Culinary Teas

Our Caramel Creme Brule tea is a creamy cup, highlighted by caramel and vanilla.

Made with all natural flavorings.

About Culinary Teas View company

Back after a long, and quite frankly awful, absence. I’ve been sick for a week after having an allergic reaction to some antibiotics. Wasn’t able to have any of my tea! =(
The worst seems to have past. Now I’m just resting up so I can be back to my normal self.

This one came from TastyBrew!

The dry leaf smelled amazing. Very sweet and caramelly, with just a hint of the black tea base. Once brewed, this tea it picks up an even stronger, almost melted white chocolate/caramel aspect.

Unfortunately, I don’t seem to be a huge fan of caramel teas when it comes to taste. This one, like many of the others I’ve had, ends up tasting too artificial for me to really enjoy. The caramel flavor is there, but it’s got an odd taste and aftertaste. The black base is present, but slightly astringent.

I’m happy to have gotten the chance to taste this tea, but I wouldn’t buy it for myself. Oh well. If every tea were a favorite, I’d be in debt and seriously out of space. =)

I had this back when I was sick last week and had lost my ability to taste anything. It was ok, but not great. I wanted to give this fair shot so I tried it again this afternoon. It was pretty good. Nice smooth caramel flavor. But I didn’t taste the burnt sugar I want from creme brulee. Its definitely good caramel tea. But I won’t be re-ordering as I prefer the salted caramel from david’s.

I got this one from Darby
The dry notes smell of caramel only. Once steeped it tastes mainly like a black with the slightest hint o caramel. I added some honey to try and save it, I got more of a caramel taste after that but was still missing the creme brule part. Additionally I added a bit of milk, and there comes the creme brule flavour, so good. Although it has now lost the caramel flavour.
It seems that I have had to add hobey and milk to many teas lately.

Nah.

I overleafed this intentionally because I’ve found myself disappointed by caramel teas lately, which I at least half attribute to me being stingy with my leaves .

Soooo this is kind of bitter and astringent and lacking in flavor even with the overleafing.

It smells good…that’s about it.

Not for me, I have better caramel teas so I don’t need to waste my time with this one. In fact, I’m not even going to bother finishing my cup.
It’s making my teeth hurt.

So, to summarize…“Nah.”

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Stephanie

Whats your fave caramel tea?

whatshesaid

I’d say now it would be Persimmon Tree’s green caramel tea, Kusmi’s Caramel and Mariage Freres’ Wedding Imperial which has chocolate notes too but mostly caramel to me.

Also Red Leaf’s caramel matcha which probably doesn’t count but it’s super rich and caramelly…I just made myself crave some haha

Caramel teas are hard to find

whatshesaid

I mean a good one is hard to find, because they’re a dime a dozen and mostly don’t impress me

Stephanie

Yeah, there are LOTS of caramel ones out there. You might check out Butiki’s Caramel Vanilla Assam if you haven’t yet. Seems pretty widely adored around here :)

whatshesaid

Oops!! Racking my brain for those I can’t believe I forgot the Caramel Vanilla Assam! I think it’s probably my favorite of the bunch. Duhhhhh

i should send you a sample of Tea G’s straight up caramel tea.

whatshesaid

What is this magically tea of which you speak?

Caramel by tea gschewenljweiruwo54u…..

whatshesaid

You make it sound amazing! I hadn’t even heard of that company before (no shocker there)

if you want me to send you some just hit me with your address in a PM. Happy to send along a cup for you to try :)

Done, thank you!!