Matcha Green Tea Powder

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss
195 °F / 90 °C

From Culinary Teas

The tea leaves for Matcha are shaded from the sun for about one month before being picked, resulting in a brighter green color and stronger taste. The processed leaves are ground into a fine powder. Japanese Matcha has a desirable sweetness not found in any other tea.

100% pure green tea

About Culinary Teas View company

I’m trying to get enough energy and motivation to finish up my homework sooner rather than later. On a side note, this is great with Dove chocolate!

Okay…so…I’m drinking this right now with a splash of Vanilla Rice Milk in it. There is NO texture – it’s VERY smooth…almost paint like, thick, etc. This is alright. It’s a sweet green veggie type taste. It has a milky yet slight spinach-y aftertaste to it.

Haha I know what you’re saying, but the “paint like” actually made me gag LOL! Is this drinking grade or cooking grade? I just ask cuz of the brand name.

Wait a min… how do you know what the mouth feel of paint is anyway? TEAhehe:)

OH!!!! I should have said that the LOOK of it in the CUP looks like paint!!!! LOL

Haha ok, now I can worry about you a lot less:)

I just received my shipment of “Pure Green Matcha – Everyday Drinking Tea” from Tealux today. It tasted a little stronger and more full bodied than the Japanese green tea you get served when having sushi. It had a subtle bitterness to it because it was the cheapest of the Matcha teas so it isn’t as sweet as some higher grades of Matcha. I will be ordering a higher grade soon for making lattes! I want to attempt to make green tea ice cream now too!! :D

Overall, average tea but exactly what I expected. :)

195 °F / 90 °C

This is a good, affordable Matcha. Good for an everyday bowl of Matcha.

It froths up nicely but the froth doesn’t stay a long time. It stayed around for about five to ten minutes and then disappeared. Long enough to enjoy several sips with a frothy cap. A smooth, buttery flavor and texture. Creamy. Hints of raw cacao. Sweet with some bittersweet notes.

Like I said, a good Matcha, especially for the price. Here’s my full-length review:

You should try out! The best and the most affordable matcha I have ever had came from them!