Butterscotch Caramel Toffee

Bitter, Butterscotch, Caramel, Sweet, Butter, Toffee, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by brandy3392
Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 10 oz / 295 ml

• “Bleh - my house feels like it's boiling! The thermostat is set to 75F/24C, and it's always up to 4 degrees Celsuis hotter in my room than the main floor... so I've been writing my thesis from the...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2276 tasting notes
  • “Thanks for this one, *Azzrian* This smells even sweeter than other Toffee-Type Teas I have tried...perhaps it's because it's notably Butterscotch/Caramel Toffee? Not sure...but the aroma is...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “thanks kittenna! Well it appears that this is a tea i can get behind from culinary teas. It still wouldn't be a staple, but at least i can get behind this one more than any of the others. ...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4942 tasting notes
  • “This is pretty mild, and I do taste the butterscotch as well as the caramel but it isn't strongly flavored. It's a good black tea base so it's easy to drink even if the sweetness that I hoped for...” Read full tasting note
    Jaxx2307 156 tasting notes

From Culinary Teas

Our Butterscotch Caramel Toffee is dessert in a teacup. This black tea has a butterscotch aroma and the flavor is just decadent as the caramel toffee flavor lingers on your taste buds.

About Culinary Teas View company

Bleh – my house feels like it’s boiling! The thermostat is set to 75F/24C, and it’s always up to 4 degrees Celsuis hotter in my room than the main floor… so I’ve been writing my thesis from the couch instead of my bed. Many pluses, including proximity to kitchen therefore less distance to travel with tea/to get more tea, and reduced likelihood of thesis-fatigue-induced-napping (the heat has really curbed this one… too uncomfy to sleep!)

Anyways. For some reason, I’m drinking hot tea. While to be fair… it’s lukewarm now, but I really should have stuck some in the fridge so I wasn’t dying so much. It doesn’t help that laptops get HOT when working constantly for like, 10 hours…

Whoops, rather off-topic. So this tea. Sipping it down (821), minus the Sil portion. It’s pretty tasty, as caramelly/butterscotchy teas go. Quite enjoyable, and astringency-free with a short infusion.

Thanks for this one, Azzrian

This smells even sweeter than other Toffee-Type Teas I have tried…perhaps it’s because it’s notably Butterscotch/Caramel Toffee? Not sure…but the aroma is pretty wonderful!

This only ‘brews’ up to a medium brown in color and it IS a mellower black tea base on the tongue.

I find the taste of this pleasing but it’s not overly intense. It’s very buttery-butterscotch and the caramel flavor is present as well. It’s sweet and creamy and buttery. This has a dreamy and creamy lingering aftertaste but it’s not the morning kick I needed as it’s not overly bold or intense.

Still pretty yummy, tho!

Azzrian

Your welcome. Glad you liked it! Culinary Teas are pretty hit and miss for me.

thanks kittenna!

Well it appears that this is a tea i can get behind from culinary teas. It still wouldn’t be a staple, but at least i can get behind this one more than any of the others. There’s a creamy, buttery taste to this one and the base isn’t as harsh as the other teas i tried. It smells wonderful as well, just like a delicious caramel. hmmmm

thanks kittenna!

This is pretty mild, and I do taste the butterscotch as well as the caramel but it isn’t strongly flavored. It’s a good black tea base so it’s easy to drink even if the sweetness that I hoped for isn’t there. Of all the teas I’ve tasted from the huge order I have in my house from Culinary Teas, this is one of my favorites so far. I wouldn’t reorder it, there are teas I like far more, but since there are 3oz lying in a box in my house, I will drink it.

Lala

The name of this tea makes me want to try it! Sounds delicious.

Ellyn

my favorite butterscotch tea is from art of tea. so good.

Starfevre

I haven’t tried a butterscotch tea yet, this sounds interesting.

Marcel Duchamp

Need to try a butterscotch tea… sound amazing.

Got a surprise package in the sweet and thoughtful Mandy! A bunch of desert teas! Which I’m ALWAYS a fan of!
This one smelled ridiculously strong when I opened the bag. Which I hoped was a good sign. But it seems good smells can often betray dessert teas.
As for flavor there’s a WHOLE lot of butterscotch and caramel in it. Not tasting tons of toffee, just hints of it here and there.
There was mainly a caramel flavor in the first steep, and second mainly butterscotch…maybe for my third steep I will get a lot of toffee. xD
It’s definitely better than I expected it to be.
Though, steeped a couple minutes over the second time so kinda bitter. But good overall. Thank you so much, Mandy! (:

Flavors: Bitter, Butterscotch, Caramel, Sweet

The dry leaf of this smells thick and sweet and gooey like caramel and toffee. The wet leaf smells more strongly of general black tea, and toffee. The tea liquor smells like a sweet toffee.

This is pretty good. Sweet, caramelly, toffee, buttery goodness. I can’t really pick one flavor out from the other, but then again, what makes toffee so different from caramel, or either of those different from butterscotch? They are all in the same family, a sweet sticky gooey delicious family. Definitely a dessert tea. I didn’t notice much from the tea base, which is better than noticing an unpleasant base tea. This would have been perfect for me back when I didn’t like lack teas. And even now it makes more a nice sweet treat.

Flavors: Butter, Caramel, Sweet, Toffee

Boiling 2 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This one has a very strong and very distinct toffee-caramel aroma! I was worried for a moment that it would be too strong when brewed. Nope. There is a nice balance between the B/C/T flavor and the mild, but decent base tea. No astringency that I can tell. (I used a 3 minute steep.) Each sip leaves a lingering buttery sweet feeling in my mouth. It’s almost sticky in the way that toffee leaves a stickiness behind. It’s not a very complex tea. Very one-dimensional. But the tea base and flavoring works well together—and it’s enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. (: I might try adding milk to this the next time I brew.

Flavors: Butter, Caramel, Cream

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

From the journal:
Another dessert type tea that did not really impress. Something about it seemed weak….like you needed twice the amount of leaves to brew as you should. Sent it to a better home.