Caramel Cream Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Caramel
Edit tea info Last updated by brandy3392
Boiling 7 min, 15 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “So I decided to give another rooibos a shot. Mostly because I still had a few from an order I'd gotten before I realized that rooibos is not, erm, my cup of tea. Lol. This is actually the second...” Read full tasting note
    Shadowfall 149 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to the Tea and Card TTB for this tea! Although rooibos is not necessarily my favorite I am often surprised. I smell the caramel and rooibos when I open the pack. I used 212 degrees for 7.5...” Read full tasting note
    carol who 130 tasting notes

From Culinary Teas

Rooibos is also known as Red Bush or Red Tea. Caramel bits and safflower blossoms give this make this Rooibos a great dessert beverage. A great herbal tea with a cream undertone to it. Try with brownies or chocolate cake.

About Culinary Teas View company

So I decided to give another rooibos a shot. Mostly because I still had a few from an order I’d gotten before I realized that rooibos is not, erm, my cup of tea. Lol.
This is actually the second one I’ve tried since my last ‘I hate rooibos’ tasting note. But I burned my tongue something awful making dinner while the other was steeping, so I have yet to leave a tasting note for that one. It wouldn’t be fair if I can’t really taste it.

Anyway, so this one isn’t that bad. But for the effort, I think I’d just make myself an equivalent black or oolong tea to be honest.
I get a nice caramel taste from this, especially after a bit of sugar. And it’s pretty smooth. It’s not an in your face caramel, but if I didn’t know this was rooibos I’d almost think it was a nice mild black of some sort. I don’t get the awful minty taste I’ve associated with rooibos since the first time I drank an ‘only rooibos’ tea. Maybe that company’s rooibos had an issue or something so now I’m judging all rooibos unfairly.

But in any case, this wasn’t bad and I’d definitely say give it a shot if you’re looking for a caramel-y rooibos. I just won’t reorder it myself since it’s a pain in the butt to clean out of my tea maker. Lol.

Thanks to the Tea and Card TTB for this tea! Although rooibos is not necessarily my favorite I am often surprised. I smell the caramel and rooibos when I open the pack. I used 212 degrees for 7.5 minutes. I taste a nice caramel with a vegetal overtone from the rooibos. As per usual, I added a touch of sweetener. Brings out the caramel just a bit. I enjoyed this sample and will resteep to see how it holds up. I wouldn’t rush out to buy it but I am comfortable drinking it and would be happy to have more.

Flavors: Caramel