Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Culinary Teas

Product description not available yet.

About Culinary Teas View company

I’m assuming that this tea is what I got a sample of, not Maple Cream. :D Thanks for yet another one from Culinary Teas, Jackie T :)

The first sip of this one, for whatever reason, instantly made me think of 52teas. My suspicion is that something about the flavouring is very similar to a 52teas blend… though I’m not certain which one. I’d say Pancake Breakfast, but I’ve actually only had that tea maybe once. It actually may be Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake (RIP) that I’m remembering.

Anyhow, this tea is probably better than the maple ones I have tried from Tealux, but it doesn’t quite satisfy me as a maple tea should. The flavouring is fairly weak (although not bad), and there’s some astringency despite my short steep. This is probably my least favourite of the five Culinary Teas I’ve tried recently (I don’t know if I’ve tried others previously… memory problems!) It’s still ok, though.

ETA: Bleh, not a fan of the second infusion. Astringent and almost no flavour.

thanks kittenna this is pretty nasty. While i realise i accidentally let this cool down, i pretty much took a sip and spat it out. Not sure if it’s contaminated or something but it was bitter, astringent and not delicious at all :( ah well, can’t win them all!

Nxtdoor

I love the honesty. “Thanks” followed by " it’s nasty!"

Lol well I appreciate her giving me a try :) This is just icky though.

Backlog: I started my morning with this tea. It really is wonderful – the maple flavoring is just right. Nice!

teawing

Did you say “eh” after the first sip?

seule771

What do you mean? Are you referring to Matcha Japanese Green Tea?

I tried it using hot water and stirring until frothy. It is highly vegetable brew. I have consume Barley Grass Juice Powder Green Magma and this Matcha drink made me think of the Green Magma as well.

I hope you don’t mind me replying. Best.

All the talk about maple teas on the discussion boards had me wanting to try this one which I just brought to work last week. I haven’t tried it before but it does have an appetizing maple smell – it’s a bit more Aunt Jemima than maple syrup (if you’re Canadian you will probably understand) but it is definitely appealing.

Steeped, the liquor is quite brown, and has a smell that puts me in mind of boxed pancakes and Aunt Jemima. Again, yummy but not quite the real deal. There is some sweetness that comes off as maple syrup and the tea is very prominent beneath that. They are pretty well balanced with each other but the tea does have a hint of bitterness. I wonder what the base tea is, cuz I think I steeped this appropriately but the bitterness is a bit disappointing.

I would like a smidge more maple in here but it is a very old sample so I may have just lost some flavour over time. A drop of syrup or honey in here would do wonders (if I had any here at work). All in all, very nice.

EDIT to add – this reminds me of a couple Monk’s Blends that I have had. Interesting!

SIPDOWN – backlogging.

Something I noticed yesterday was something that tasted like grenadine or something similar in addition to the maple. Still a tasty cuppa tho!

I actually really didn’t mind this tea. Living in Vermont and having Maple as the official state flavor (who knew that even existed?) I have high maple standards. This is not in your face sweet, though I was kind of hoping for that. This is very mild, with a caramel type flavor that didn’t get bitter. It was a nice cup of tea, I would like to blend it with something else, maybe a vanilla and a fruit flavored tea. That’s something I like about this tea, I think it would be a great one to blend.