White Chocolate Orange Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Deb

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Aha! I found you. I sampled what I believe was this tea today at The English Tea Room (at least, the description from the menu and the description here on Steepster were almost identical to one...” Read full tasting note
    teataku 183 tasting notes

From Culinary Teas

Spanish orange highlighted with lascivious Belgian white chocolate. A tea with a finish that screams “More!”

About Culinary Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

Aha! I found you. I sampled what I believe was this tea today at The English Tea Room (at least, the description from the menu and the description here on Steepster were almost identical to one another, both specifically mentioning Spanish orange and white chocolate). They’re not terribly good about advertising exactly where their teas come from… I’v known for a while that they do source at least some of theirs from the Metropolitan Tea Company, but I was rifling through Culinary Teas’s selections, and many of them look and sound familiar, so I think they source some from that company as well. Anyway, I had a pot of this with my chocolate chip cherry scones (divine!) and my eggs benedict (sumptuous!).

The aroma of the tea was very much white chocolate, which impressed me, but I couldn’t detect very much orange. The same held true when I tasted it—no matter what I did to it, I couldn’t make the orange flavor come out. The white chocolate was there, though, and the tea base seemed to be light and not overpowering. Tasty, but I wished I could’ve tasted the orange. So, meh.