Berry Berry Herbal

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This tea is LOADED with currants! It's also got a fairly large amount of hibiscus in it, so, if you're not a hibiscus fan, beware. I generally am not a fan of hibiscus, but, I'm not minding...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4221 tasting notes

From Culinary Teas

A full flavored berry tea. We have added black and red currants, as well as raisins to our blend. A naturally sweet herbal tea.

Ingredients include hibiscus petals, rosehip chips, raisins, dried black currants, dried red currants, and natural flavors.

About Culinary Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

This tea is LOADED with currants! It’s also got a fairly large amount of hibiscus in it, so, if you’re not a hibiscus fan, beware.

I generally am not a fan of hibiscus, but, I’m not minding the hibiscus too much here. The flavor of the currants seems to meld well with the hibiscus. But I wouldn’t recommend oversteeping this – I went with six minutes and that seems just about right. I think that had I gone longer, this would have ended up syrupy or too tart.

As it is though, it’s pleasant enough. Tart, yes, but, not overly so. I like the flavor of the currants, it gives it an almost wine-like taste. Kind of cozy. I think it would be really good if some spices were added, to make it like a mulled wine kind of taste … or maybe if it were combined with warmed apple cider to lighten the flavor a bit and add just a bit of spice to it. As it is, I like it, but I wouldn’t say I love it.

Nik

This sounds like it would be a lot of fun to blend/play with.

LiberTEAS

@Nik: Yes, I thought so too. One could definitely go for the mulled wine flavor (without the wine) because of the strong currant notes, just get some mulling spices. I think it would be so good with some hot apple cider too. Or, brewed at a concentrated strength and used as part of a 7up punch (you know those punches that they serve at parties with the sherbet and 7up?) There are all kinds of blending possibilities with it.