Monk's Blend

Edit tea info Last updated by Signed, Jane

From Culinary Teas

Our Monk’s Blend Tea is a mysterious blend of grenadine and vanilla Very popular. A ‘must have’.

Certainly a ‘mysterious’ blend despite being a delicious mixture of grenadine and vanilla. Perhaps first created by Tibetan monks – infused with universal life energy, this tea is a perfect all day treat; sweet and toasty with a touch of dryness and a subtle bouquet. Originally, it is believed that this blend was developed by monks to support their life’s desires, especially the work that they did all by hand. Tea is an item that these monks considered good for the soul. Franciscan monks used to drink this tea to keep them awake during long periods of meditation. It is fair to say that this is an ancient and harmonious blend, as it is also used by Buddhist and Taoist monks.

Ingredients: Luxury black tea, Calendula + Sunflower petals, Natural flavors.

About Culinary Teas View company

I still like this. I know I said I’m apparently not a fan of fruity teas but I guess that doesn’t apply to this sort, the ones tempered with a creamy aspect in one way or another.

Maybe it’s more the citrusy teas I’m not a fan of. Because arguably H&S Paris is fruity-ish and it’s one of my faves.

I digress….

So this, I enjoy. It was a satisfying pre-dinner cup with a rich, hearty base. I added a splash of milk and it didn’t water it down…. Huzzah!

Someday down the road I will try more Monk’s Blends, as I like the two I’ve had so far!

Courtney

I’m picky about fruity teas too, but some work amazingly well, while others are a complete disaster.

whatshesaid

I think I’m more partial to the ones that compare an aspect of sweetness too, like vanilla or caramel…also berries vs citrus for sure.

Combine, not compare…silly autocorrect

Courtney

Oh yes, citrus is not so great. With the exception of orange and chocolate. That one is bizarre since I despise fruit dipped in chocolate, but somehow the orange chocolate teas just work.

whatshesaid

Agreed, that’s one I don’t mind, oddly. Because the orange brûlée I had the other day was NOT a favorite

Courtney

Bleh. Yes orange alone is not so great. Even worse is grapefruit, sadly. I love grapefruit, but not so much in teas. Lemon and lime and okay when they’re done right haha. There’s always exceptions.

whatshesaid

I think the DTT rooibos lemon and lime ones are the only ones I like, but that’s because they taste like pie, haha

Courtney

Haha! Yes I have the line around here for myself, though I barely ever drink it anymore, and the lemon is here for J. That’s all he drinks.

whatshesaid

Too funny. I should offer it to my husband, I bet he would actually like it, even though he “hates tea” (a very well informed conclusion reached after drinking Tetley at some point once in his life I’m sure)

Courtney

Hahaha. Oh husbands. J will taste any tea, but he is extremely picky over what he wants around. Lemon Chiffon is it. He loes Dragonheart from Teaopia, but they have been gone a while now so I’ve been searching for a replacement.

whatshesaid

At least he drinks tea! Mine claims to not enjoy hot beverages. Except coffee no. And hot chocolate in the winter. I think he’s full of it, haha

Hahaha! Except every hot beverage but tea. :P

1ST CUP:
Served: Iced
Amount: 2 tsp
Brewed In: 1.5 cups
Cup Size: 23oz tumbler full of ice
Sweetener: stevia in the raw
Temp: boiling
Steep Time: 3 min
Method: Finum paper tea filter

Notes:
The first sip almost tastes smokey – just a little. But then the longer it sits on my tongue, the more that flavor mellows out & I can begin to taste the cherry-sweet grenadine which lingers afterwards.

It’s nice – am I head over heels for it? No, but I can easily see finishing up the sample I bought. And who knows…it may grow on me more.

And I can’t help but wonder what this would taste like hot on a cold, rainy day – seems like it might be a nice pick me up then.

Signed,