Monk's Blend

Edit tea info Last updated by Signed, Jane

From Culinary Teas

Our Monk’s Blend Tea is a mysterious blend of grenadine and vanilla Very popular. A ‘must have’.

Certainly a ‘mysterious’ blend despite being a delicious mixture of grenadine and vanilla. Perhaps first created by Tibetan monks – infused with universal life energy, this tea is a perfect all day treat; sweet and toasty with a touch of dryness and a subtle bouquet. Originally, it is believed that this blend was developed by monks to support their life’s desires, especially the work that they did all by hand. Tea is an item that these monks considered good for the soul. Franciscan monks used to drink this tea to keep them awake during long periods of meditation. It is fair to say that this is an ancient and harmonious blend, as it is also used by Buddhist and Taoist monks.

Ingredients: Luxury black tea, Calendula + Sunflower petals, Natural flavors.

About Culinary Teas View company

I’m the first? Weird! Well unfortunately this isn’t going to be very groundbreaking!

This is the second Monk’s Blend I’ve tried, the first being from English Tea Store and received in a swap. This one came from Tastybrew after seeing how much I enjoyed the first.

This one was also very good! I ended up making some in my travel mug to take to see Evil Dead last night. I do that all the time. Last night my brother was there and he was all like “Is that TEA?!”

Uh, yeah…

OMG you’re such an old lady!”

Whatever, I love it.

It seemed much fruitier than the ETS one. I can smell a big difference but my ETS is just a few remnants in a ziploc bag that has been sitting in a box with other baggies received in swaps so the smell isn’t very obvious at this point.

I will do a comparison tasting later!

Either way. I had no idea that Monk’s Blend existed until I found Steepster so just colour me happy to have a new yummy tea in my stash and in my heart!

Thank you Tastybrew for letting me adopt your unwanted Monk’s Blend! It’s right up my alley :)

(Boiling for about 3 min)

TastyBrew

Funny! I should try that. I’m still sneaking wine into the movies. Tea would probably be smarter. :-)

whatshesaid

Haha wine! Nice! I don’t have to sneak my tea, I’m very obvious about it :)

TastyBrew

I try to be sneaky. But one time my husband put one of the empty bottles (the little kind) on the ground and it got kicked over and you could hear the distinct sound of a wine bottle rolling all the way down to the front of the theater. I nearly peed my pants it was so funny. Everyone did the look around their shoulder at the people behind them to find the culprits. We, of course, looked behind us as well. :-)

whatshesaid

Yeah I would probably be sneaky with wine, too, lol.
That’s too funny. Nice touch turning around, I probably wouldn’t have thought quickly enough to do that, haha

1ST CUP:
Served: Iced
Amount: 2 tsp
Brewed In: 1.5 cups
Cup Size: 23oz tumbler full of ice
Sweetener: stevia in the raw
Temp: boiling
Steep Time: 3 min
Method: Finum paper tea filter

Notes:
The first sip almost tastes smokey – just a little. But then the longer it sits on my tongue, the more that flavor mellows out & I can begin to taste the cherry-sweet grenadine which lingers afterwards.

It’s nice – am I head over heels for it? No, but I can easily see finishing up the sample I bought. And who knows…it may grow on me more.

And I can’t help but wonder what this would taste like hot on a cold, rainy day – seems like it might be a nice pick me up then.

Signed,