Gingerbread Cream Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by

• “A light, delicate, hint-of-gingerbread tea. Like other reviewers have said, I would love if this had some more sharp fresh ginger taste. Perhaps brewing this double strength would help. This...” Read full tasting note
    follepetite 39 tasting notes
  • “Dessert tea of the night! Gingerbread lattes are one of my biggest indulgences around the holiday time, so I thought I'd try this tea. I brewed the tea for 4 minutes, and then added 1/4 cup...” Read full tasting note
    stitchywitch 92 tasting notes
  • “Gingerbread is one of my favorite flavors/scents. I even have a smencil that's gingerbread scented, so Culinary Teas Gingerbread Cream Tea was no dissappointment. Add in some sugar and milk and...” Read full tasting note
    juliettesjules 3 tasting notes

From Culinary Teas

Our Gingerbread Cream tea captures the essence of gingerbread cookies with a hint of vanilla cream.

About Culinary Teas View company

A light, delicate, hint-of-gingerbread tea. Like other reviewers have said, I would love if this had some more sharp fresh ginger taste. Perhaps brewing this double strength would help. This doesn’t have much body and brews up very light, so I think it would be fantastic blended with a spiced black tea, just to add some punch.

Dry leaf aroma has hints of dried ginger with a dominant sweet caramel-y molasses smell. The brewed tea doesn’t smell as strong, but as it’s cooling I definitely get that molasses aroma coming through. Added milk and sugar reveals vanilla notes and a gingery aftertaste, but not any creaminess. I’ll have to give this one another go. I think it has potential to be a really nice dessert tea.

Dessert tea of the night! Gingerbread lattes are one of my biggest indulgences around the holiday time, so I thought I’d try this tea. I brewed the tea for 4 minutes, and then added 1/4 cup steamed milk and a little sweetener.

At first, I was a little disappointed at the taste, which I found timid. I put the leaves back in for another minute, and reminded myself that it may not be as strong as Starbucks, but it’s a whole lot better for me! Luckily, both worked. The extra minute brought out a little heat from the ginger, and I stopped wanting it to have coffee in it!

I can taste the ceylon base, so this tea isn’t totally about the flavoring. There is a nice bit of ginger and some cream. I’d still like it to be sharper tasting, but that’s just me. It’s nice and soothing, especially as a dessert!

Gingerbread is one of my favorite flavors/scents. I even have a smencil that’s gingerbread scented, so Culinary Teas Gingerbread Cream Tea was no dissappointment. Add in some sugar and milk and it’s smooth creamy flavor is delightful. The only thing I would complain about is that it doesn’t have that sharpness that ginger has, and some people may like that better in the end. Brewed two teaspoons per 16 oz. water, steeped for three minutes.