Parker's Evening Blend

Food Herbal Blend
Chamomile, Flowers, Honey, Lemongrass, Peppermint
Apple, Flowers, Honey, Lemongrass, Mint, Musty, Smooth, Sweet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by derk
Boiling 8 min or more 12 oz / 354 ml

• “I have already been introduced to blue pea flower via Adagio’s Bella Luna, which has a lemon/blueberry personality. Parker’s Evening Blend steeps up with the same gorgeous deep indigo tint, but the...” Read full tasting note
  • “A little history: Nearly twenty years ago I was a cake decorator. I also worked a seasonal job in a bakery during one fall semester of university. I hate baking. I love when other people bake...” Read full tasting note

From Cuppa Geek

Parker’s Evening Blend- St Jude Fundraiser

Parker has asked me for this blend several times and I’m so happy to be recreating this blend for him and donating all of the proceeds from the sale of this tea to St Jude Children’s Hospital.

Ingredients: Chamomile, Peppermint, Butterfly Pea Flower, Lemongrass, Honey Granules

About Cuppa Geek View company

I have already been introduced to blue pea flower via Adagio’s Bella Luna, which has a lemon/blueberry personality. Parker’s Evening Blend steeps up with the same gorgeous deep indigo tint, but the first flavors I detected were cream (must’ve been the honey) and chamomile. I am at a loss to say which I like better: Bella Luna is the sparkly sapphire; Parker’s Blend is a blue plush comforter. Depends on whether you need to twinkle or cuddle.

ashmanra

I deffo feel more relaxed at bedtime when I drink this.

A little history:

Nearly twenty years ago I was a cake decorator. I also worked a seasonal job in a bakery during one fall semester of university. I hate baking. I love when other people bake for me. Not tonight.

Something stirred within me and I’m baking a damned lemon poundcake. It’s maybe 5 minutes from being transferred to a cooling rack. I got a little wild and made a lavender-lemon-Parker’s Evening Blend glaze. I really wanted to utilize the blue dyeing property of the butterfly pea flower and then remembered reading that lemon juice changes the blue to some other color. So my glaze is a light pink. Which probably won’t show up against the golden brown of the poundcake but daaaamn is that glaze delicious.

I can’t wait. It’s like 930 pm and I’m so stoked for this.

Leafhopper

That cake sounds really good!

gmathis

Did you save me a piece?

Martin Bednář

Sounds delicous! Sometimes we do things we don’t really enjoy to find out it’s actually very nice to do (but not always). I hope it was great.

ashmanra

That sounds amazing! I just had a neighbor over (distanced and out of doors) For French Grandmother’s Lemon Yogurt Cake with lemon glaze. How I wish I had thought of doing it your way! Maybe next time! It sounds dreamy.

derk

It is delicious.

gmathis: Half the cake left, it’s going fast. Better come over for a slice ;)

ashmanra: That’s pretty much what I made, though with the addition of a cup of butter. Hope you enjoyed yours!