Vanilla Black

Black Tea, Marshmallow Root, Natural Vanilla Flavor
Creamy, Smooth, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by derk

• “Advent Day 18, From the Depths of the Grab Bag. Packet: “Butterscotch. Butterscotch again. Vanilla? That’s what makes me think butterscotch.” Tea: “It smells like that African tea.” I guess...” Read full tasting note
  • “If our perennial favorite Vanilla Comoro were a sweet little bear cub napping in the hollow of a maple tree deep in the big woods, CuppaGeek’s Vanilla Black would be the Mama Bear on guard outside:...” Read full tasting note
  • “CuppaGeek Advent Calendar, December 18 That looks like plain black tea. No, something is there. Opened pouch… ah, sweet aroma. Hmm, vanilla. I wasn’t the fan of sweet flavours in tea. I mean, I...” Read full tasting note
  • “Cuppageek Advent Day 13 I was happy to see this one! I have wanted to try it. It was over 70F here today. I triple steeped this and poured it into a Stump pot and took it outside to the rockers and...” Read full tasting note

From Cuppa Geek

Simple but delicious. Vanilla and Black Tea.. .A fantastic combo!

blended with black tea, natural vanilla flavoring, marshmallow root

each serving of this tea can be steeped multiple times

About Cuppa Geek View company

Advent Day 18, From the Depths of the Grab Bag.

Tea: “It smells like that African tea.” I guess that is something Kiki remembers my aunt drinking way back. I happen to be drinking plain red rooibos tonight so I had her smell my mug and she said, “Yeah! That’s the African tea this tea smells like.”

“Vanilla, it tastes vanilla-like. It’s alright. I like vanilla but I don’t like it in tea. It’s mostly black tea with vanilla. It’s a 7.”

If our perennial favorite Vanilla Comoro were a sweet little bear cub napping in the hollow of a maple tree deep in the big woods, CuppaGeek’s Vanilla Black would be the Mama Bear on guard outside: same DNA, but with a bite! All that to say, the vanilla pastry sweetness leads, but there’s a good, strong black tea base underneath. Very, very nicely done!

ashmanra

Yes, we liked this one, too!

AJRimmer

I love this description!

Nichole/CuppaGeek

All the praise needs to go to the marshmallow root. :)

gmathis

(Standing at attention and saluting) Hear, hear!

CuppaGeek Advent Calendar, December 18

That looks like plain black tea. No, something is there.
Opened pouch… ah, sweet aroma.
Hmm, vanilla.

I wasn’t the fan of sweet flavours in tea. I mean, I have tried a few when I was little. I can’t forget trying Tiramisu tea. In tea bag. It was yucky. Maybe I would like it though now. It’s out of production, luckily?! But I got as well Venetian Tiramisu from Harney. So, yep, I can drink sweet ones now :)

So, this tea. I did single 5 minute steep, and it was pretty nice. Nice black base, with creamy vanilla. There isn’t much more to write about! It was smooth, no rough edges of tea; just maybe way too straightforward. But it isn’t a bad thing! I reckon trying it other day, when not having a sweet breakfast tea, I would enjoy it more. Thanks anyway Nichole, at least I found out I don’t mind vanilla at least.

Flavors: Creamy, Smooth, Vanilla

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 300 ML
gmathis

I’m behind on my CuppaGeek packets—based on the reviews I am reading, there’s lots to look forward to!

Nichole/CuppaGeek

Oh glad to hear it! xoxoxox

Nichole/CuppaGeek

You all are seriously giving me all the tea feels with the positive yet constructive notes you all are giving me. I really do appreciate them!

Martin Bednář

Nichole: I am trying to be constructive, as that is only way to improve :) Some teas were great, some less, but it is up to personal preferences, so not a big deal :)

Cuppageek Advent Day 13

I was happy to see this one! I have wanted to try it.

It was over 70F here today. I triple steeped this and poured it into a Stump pot and took it outside to the rockers and my husband joined me. It was perfect.

Some vanilla black tea tries to be a dessert tea or to appeal to the sweet tooth, while a couple I have tried really feel like grown-up vanilla tea to me. Just great black tea and vanilla.

This is a grown up vanilla tea. Taken plain, I think even a coffee lover would like it. I certainly think it could handle sugar and milk but I like it this way, no additions.

We sipped and rocked as the sun got lower and lower in the west, almost blinding me until I went in and fetched my big sun hat. Of course, it was barely five o’clock at the time.

While I call it an “adult” vanilla, it isn’t too bitter, brisk, or astringent. There is just enough briskness to make it super with dessert although we were just having tea. Anything too astringent bothers my stomach and this did not trouble me at all. This is a solid, versatile tea to gave around, so it may be on my next order.

Mastress Alita

70F! Jealous. Take my snow!

ashmanra

Well, a front blew in today and the sky turned black and the wind howled and now it is 50 and feels much colder with 34 coming for tonight! But we still had tea in the rockers today once the wind stopped!

12071 tasting notes

Day 10 Advent (yes i know day 9 is missing but i haven’t had a chance to add the tea to the database lol)

I was happy to see this one today – i love a good basic vanilla black. I have none in my cupboard at the moment as i finished the last of my version from Capital teas and my order from 52 teas isn’t here yet. I’m also hoping Ann will create a new vanilla black.

All that to say, i’d consider picking this one up when i’m out in future. The base was nice, the flavouring was good – it wasn’t extraordinary, but i don’t want or need that in a vanilla black :)

ashmanra

I had Peach Vanilla a few days ago and I am hoping Vanilla Black shows up in my advent, too!

ooooh nice! looking forward to that one then

CuppaGeek Advent Calendar – Day 6

I steeped this up and enjoyed it while procrastinating my studies and wrapping a few presents that recently arrived. We have a literal present mountain with presents sitting on top of other presents and more just keep arriving. It’s my nephew’s first Chanukah and between my sister and brother-in-law, he has 7 grandparents. He will be three months old when Chanukah starts and will basically be surrounded by endless gifts. And who is wrapping all these endless gifts? Me. It’s fun though.

Anyways, the dry leaf of this tea has a great vanilla smell, which made me excited to actually drink it. The vanilla flavor in the steeped tea is nice. It’s smooth and fresh and really good vanilla. Alas, being just a vanilla tea, I am getting more of the black base. The base can be a touch astringent/coppery in the end of the sip at times.

For me, 52 Teas is the company for vanilla teas and while this is a great attempt, it doesn’t quite beat the 52 Teas vanilla blends for me.