Creamy Sea Buckthorn

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by tigress_al

• “I am glad to have this back in my cupboard. It is so unique and different! I am still unsure how to describe the taste though. I have never had sea buckthorn. It is bitter and sweet at the same...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 977 tasting notes

From Cuppa'T Specialty Teas

Rooibos, sea buckthorn berries, caramel bits, natural flavors, safflower petals

About Cuppa'T Specialty Teas View company

I am glad to have this back in my cupboard. It is so unique and different!

I am still unsure how to describe the taste though. I have never had sea buckthorn. It is bitter and sweet at the same time if that makes sense. It reminds me a little bit of chokecherry or Saskatoon berries maybe. It has a nice creamy aftertaste.

Evol Ving Ness

That sounds delicious.

Sea buckthorn shows up a lot in higher end cuisine in Montreal. I think it may be one of the current foodie hot new things. I have had it in savoury dishes and found it extremely tart and a bit bitter. I liked it as a culinary accent. I think I would like sweetened too.

Fjellrev

This totally sounds delicious.

tigress_al

I have not sweetened it, but maybe I should try that next time!

I have lots of you want some!

Evol Ving Ness

Oh, I meant that the berries themselves are very sour, so the tea must have been sweetened with something else. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippophae

Thank you for your kind offer. Let’s see which way the TTB is going. I do already have a ton of teas to sample, so this is not something we need to worry about, but thank you.

tigress_al

Maybe I’ll throw some in the box then!