Creamy Sea Buckthorn

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by tigress_al

From Cuppa'T Specialty Teas

Rooibos, sea buckthorn berries, caramel bits, natural flavors, safflower petals

About Cuppa'T Specialty Teas View company

I am glad to have this back in my cupboard. It is so unique and different!

I am still unsure how to describe the taste though. I have never had sea buckthorn. It is bitter and sweet at the same time if that makes sense. It reminds me a little bit of chokecherry or Saskatoon berries maybe. It has a nice creamy aftertaste.

That sounds delicious.

Sea buckthorn shows up a lot in higher end cuisine in Montreal. I think it may be one of the current foodie hot new things. I have had it in savoury dishes and found it extremely tart and a bit bitter. I liked it as a culinary accent. I think I would like sweetened too.

Fjellrev

This totally sounds delicious.

tigress_al

I have not sweetened it, but maybe I should try that next time!

I have lots of you want some!

Evol Ving Ness

Oh, I meant that the berries themselves are very sour, so the tea must have been sweetened with something else. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippophae

Thank you for your kind offer. Let’s see which way the TTB is going. I do already have a ton of teas to sample, so this is not something we need to worry about, but thank you.

tigress_al

Maybe I’ll throw some in the box then!

GCTTB Sipdown
Creamy blueberry is a pretty accurate assessment of the flavour of this tea, though it has a bit more tangy tartness than what you’d get from a blueberry. Sea buckthorn is a pretty rare flavour to find in a tea and I wish more companies would experiment with interesting fruits and berries like this.

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

GCTTB

what does sea buckthorn taste like? No idea. the internet says: the berries are quite tart, sort of like sour orange with hints of mango. Some people also liken them to pineapple.

hmmmm yeah nope. This is a creamy rooibos sort of blend that, if i’m honest tastes a little like creamy blueberry. it’s not a bad tea but i have other creamy rooibos teas that i prefer.

Final Count: 137 (added a couple bits from the GCTTB that i will drink later)

VariaTEA

For once I am finally close to you in numbers….though I’m sure tomorrow I’ll log on and you’ll be down another 10 :P

Naw should be minimal sipdowns this week, I have the travelling tea box. But aiming for 110 I think it was by feb end? With teas that I ordered in December still on the way

Evol Ving Ness

What company did you order from, Sil.?

I ordered from A quarter to Tea in december (dec 31) but the post office decided to keep my first package, so the company sent out a second one.

Evol Ving Ness

Oh dear. I ordered from them too on that day before the not-buying-tea-savings-plan went into full force. And I seem to conveniently forget about that moratorium, sadly. Yikes! I haven’t heard of that before. Sorry.

yeah luckily they have some great customer service but i feel bad since it’s not their fault the post office sucks