Cream, Licorice, Strawberry
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Amy Zen

No power in the ‘verse that can stop this tea from being cheerful. Strawberries and cream make this the perfect blend for anyone with a sweet tooth. This blend is tweaked a bit so that it doesn’t contain green tea anymore, and now has just a hint of chocolate :)

Blended with black tea, hibiscus flowers, rose hips, apple pieces, natural strawberry flavor, rose petals, natural creme flavor, strawberries, natural chocolate flavor, dark chocolate chips, cocoa nibs, raspberry leaves

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Amy Zen View company

mmm i am quite enjoying this one. strawberry, licorice almost sort of flavour. this is another one from *VariaTEA

ugh work calling… good stuff, enjoy this one yay kaylee!

Sipdown (170/176)

So it appears whatshesaid and I are both embarking on our Firefly journey alongside one another as we both drink Adagio’s character inspired teas!

We also both had this one tonight, though I think I had a very different experience with it than she did. I should note that I added milk to my mug of it because once I saw it had Strawberries in the blend I thought this would be awesome with milk!

For me, I picked up heavy notes of strawberries and cream as well as notes of chocolate although they were more background notes. The hibby in this was really hard to detect for me; not that I’m complaining. Something about hibiscus and chocolate just doesn’t sound right to me. Drastically different from whatshesaid (and apparently everyone else who has reviewed this) is that I got a lot of licorice taste in this! Huh. I’m wondering if maybe there was some flavour contamination? Although I can’t think what possibly from. I don’t know; I thought it tasted good with the weird licorice notes, anyway.

This seems like a good blend for Kaylee; I like how flavourful and fun it is. Plus, I’m only on episode four and already they’ve focused on Kaylee eating strawberries twice. This tea kinda reminded me of her ruffle-y pink and white dress too which kinda looked like a strawberry and cream layer cake.

Anyway, pressure’s on to finish the series because I told Tyrell that if I finish it by Sunday I’ll start watching Game of Thrones with him, and he seemed really excited about that.

Next up I think will be one of the Tams or Captain Mal? I don’t know; I guess we’ll see tomorrow night. Thanks again VariaTEA for the sample! I liked this one better than Inara.

Flavors: Cream, Licorice, Strawberry

VariaTEA

GAME OF THRONES IS AWESOME!!! You are getting to experience some great television :)

whatshesaid

Sounds like you enjoyed it! The milk was probably a good idea.
I like your comparison to her frilly silly layer cake dress, I just watched that one actually :)

Cavocorax

<3 Kaylee. And GoT! :D I hope you enjoy both shows!

I was going to just sit back and enjoy this without analyzing it, but I realized I couldn’t pinpoint any notes within so I had to look it up.

I guess I can tell that it’s chocolate and strawberry but there’s a weird sour note that is turning me off – I can see now that it’s the hibiscus. Whhhhyyyyy would that be added?!

Yuck.

I am glad I got to try this though! I started watching Firefly last night for the very first time!!
Thank you to Cavocorax via VariaTEA!

Roswell Strange

I had this tonight too! Didn’t get much hibby, though. Looks like we’re definitely sharing in our adventure of Firefly! :)

whatshesaid

It was so bitter! Maybe I left it too long, who knows.

whatshesaid

I’m definitely enjoying the firefly viewings! I can’t believe it took me this long, considering how much and how long I’ve loved BTVS and Angel

Yay! This is another one from VariaTEA. She actually gave me the entire Firefly set as samples and I know I’m going to have fun trying them. I had to start with Kaylee though. She’s probably my favourite. Also, I did sorta name my daughter after her (her middle name is Kaylee) because this character is so awesome, full of heart, and incredibly talented at something not typically done by a woman. I consider that makes her a good role model. :P

It was funny. I was searching for names and as soon as that popped into my head I couldn’t think of any others. My bf came up with the first name because I was idea’d out. :P

So anyway. THIS TEA:
It’s dark chocolate (and really flavourful for an Adagio tea!) mixed with sweet strawberry goodness, and back by floral notes. I’m not generally into floral teas, and that was what made me hesitate about this one, but it makes me think of desserts, and valentines day, and happiness and everything shiny.

Y’know… I could maybe drink 3 oz of this. Eventually. :D
Thanks!

VariaTEA

Yay for a successful Kaylee tea. I was going to be sad if you hated this one.

Cavocorax

:) I wouldn’t want it all the time, but it’s not good.

I mean, it IS good. /0\

carol who

Shiny! Kaylee is one of my favorite characters from Firefly. It’s hard to choose just one because all the characters are awesome! How did this get cancelled! I have to get some of these teas :-0

Recently I packed up a sample of all the Firefly teas for Cavocorax and this smelled the best of all of them. Consequently I am taking a break from sipdowns to give it a try. It is nice though the rose is bordering on a bit too much. However you get a nice bit of strawberry at the end of the sip and the chocolate provides a pleasant richness to the cup. Maybe not one I would want three ozs of but I am happy I have lots more in the tin.

Cavocorax

Oh, sounds pretty good! I’d better try that one soon!