Black White Blend
Black Tea, Ginger Root, Natural Caramel Flavor, White Peony
Edit tea info Last updated by Pyroxy
Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

• “Thank you *Shadowfall* for the sample! This really sweet - it seems like I am getting mostly caramel but there's just a touch of ginger in it to make it stand up straight. It's very delightful and...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1690 tasting notes
  • “Dry this smells very strongly of caramel and peonies...which carries over nicely once steeped. While hot you can still pick up the caramel scent - albeit a bit fainter - but it's layered in snugly...” Read full tasting note
    Pyroxy 158 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Aun-Juli Riddle

Created by: Aun-Juli Riddle
Teas: White Peony, Caramel, Ginger

Much like Eowyn, this blend is soft at first, unassuming, and then gives way to feisty bite. Eager to prove it’s worth, it finishes with a soft, smooth kick. This is a soft floral tea with ginger notes and soft, sweet caramel to round it out.

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Aun-Juli Riddle View company

Thank you Shadowfall for the sample! This really sweet – it seems like I am getting mostly caramel but there’s just a touch of ginger in it to make it stand up straight. It’s very delightful and I think someday I would like some more.

Thank you!

JustJames

aside from butiki’s caramel vanilla assam i cannot seem to detect caramel in tea. it’s a sad sad thing.

Cavocorax

I usually don’t either, bu this one just popped. I sorta over-leafed AND over-steeped it.

JustJames

ha! that’s my normal m/o, lol.

Dry this smells very strongly of caramel and peonies…which carries over nicely once steeped. While hot you can still pick up the caramel scent – albeit a bit fainter – but it’s layered in snugly with what smells like a strong black tea and an odd plant-sap-ish note that seems a wee bit discordant.

A few sips in and the discordant feeling hasn’t faded…but it’s not necessarily a bad thing. There’s a strong black in the front, floral notes in the middle and a smooth caramel finish that makes this an oddly enjoyable cup.

I received a whole batch of this from Shadowfall, so I’ll definitely enjoy drinking it down. I’m not so sure as to whether it’s worth restocking, though…but I’ll have a while to make up my mind.

Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML