Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles

• “Ah ha! see! this is me learning. the minute i smelled and tasted this i recognized how similar it was to the Steve Rogers blend i recently fell in sorta-love with. but i was struck by how much i...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 734 tasting notes
  • “No clue how this doesn't have tasting notes yet. I REALLY like this; very apply and sweet, with just a little bit spice. I almost wish it was a little spicier and bold, but it's great for what...” Read full tasting note
    artp 8 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Aun-Juli Riddle

Created by: Aun-Juli Riddle
Teas: Spiced Apple Chai, Irish Breakfast, Vanilla
Accented with apple pieces

A barrel is no place to keep a dwarf, unless you intend to feed him more than apples. This blend is a slap in the face with spicy apple taste and then a cool, swift river of vanilla to even it all out.

Rereleased by the creator. Can now be found under the “Tales and Tea Leaves”:http://www.adagio.com/signature_blend/group.html?group=2721&SID=57c8c8f525074659bad97549ead20f61 Fandom/Signature Blends heading.

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Aun-Juli Riddle View company

Ah ha! see! this is me learning.

the minute i smelled and tasted this i recognized how similar it was to the Steve Rogers blend i recently fell in sorta-love with. but i was struck by how much i liked that one vs how much i didn’t super love this one…?
subtle (or not so subtle) changes can make a big difference :)

both teas are Spiced Apple Chai forward blends. apple pie and pastries nom nom.
but the rest is almond vs vanilla, and Assam vs Irish Breakfast (a Ceylon & Assam blend).
what’s not to love about almond OR vanilla? potato, potato.
so …SCIENCE! i’m guessing i don’t like Ceylon as much as some other types?? i’ve always known i’m an assam gal. go figure.

controversial opinion: i liked the first movie more than the second one. kinda lots more. could be the book and fic reading changed my expectations? bam!

OMGsrsly

I found that with the first ones, reading the books and then starting the movies the next week was really tough. The movies seem to stand alone, not only with the changes made, but the visuals are better (for me) than pages and pages of description. I read the Hobbit after the very first LOTR movie came out. So thankfully I don’t remember all of it.

Cavocorax

Yeeesh. Here’s an unpopular opinion – I hated the first movie and don’t want to watch the rest. :| I can’t even remember what it was that I didn’t like about it, but I’ll stick with the books and the fic I guess.

I wouldn’t mind watching some Smaug-Bilbo actions though…

OMGsrsly

The Hobbit, Cavo? I’m a completist, so I’m watching. Some parts are hilarious, some parts annoying. I’m so glad there’s only one more movie. There is only one more, right?

Cavocorax

I hope? I just don’t understand why it had to be 3 movies to begin with! I really, really loved the LOTR movies, and I have the extended dvd’s and have watched the repeatedly, but… IDK why I couldn’t get into the Hobbit.

OMGsrsly

Haha! I don’t understand why it had to be 3 movies, either. Oh well. Dwarvish eye candy, I guess.

Hello.Kiki

One: I love the Steve Rogers tea!
Two: The Hobbit was one of my favorite books out of Tolkien’s works, and still is. I was really confused when they said they were doing the movie in three parts though. The changes and additions they made make sense at least, versus some other book to movie adaptations (I’m looking at you, Percy Jackson!) Also, gotta say I’m totally in love with Tauriel!

OMGsrsly

Kick ass elf fighter ladies, FTW!

No clue how this doesn’t have tasting notes yet.

I REALLY like this; very apply and sweet, with just a little bit spice. I almost wish it was a little spicier and bold, but it’s great for what it is. Seems like it’d be awesome iced or as a latte.