Black White Blend
Black Tea, Blue Cornflowers, Blueberry, Natural Bergamot Oil, Natural Caramel Flavor, Natural Creme Flavor, Orange Peels, Vanilla Flavour, White Tea
Caramel, Chicken Soup, Berries, Blueberry
Edit tea info Last updated by Flyawaybirdie

• “So... I like this less with a longer steep. :( Gets a bit weird tasting, almost chemical-like, and less the blueberry caramel amazingness that I normally crave. Totally user error this time around!” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1146 tasting notes
  • “Another blend from MissB! thank you so much! Two TARDIS blends! I'll try the other one next week. I never really had a chance to get into Doctor Who... (probably because it would double my show...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1496 tasting notes
  • “I really like this tea. It's not so much earl grey as it is caramel blueberry for me. Definitely need to get more, once I've worked through more of what I have. I mean, *MissB* did give me a...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1576 tasting notes
  • “I was originally going to go for Harney & Sons Paris until I realized that I don't have anymore!! D': So I went for this TARDIS blend instead, which is perfect because it's one of my favorites....” Read full tasting note
    kiki 173 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Aun-Juli Riddle

A taste of time and space in this sweet blue box.
Teas: white blueberry, earl grey moonlight, caramel, accented with cinnamon, ginger and blueberry.
Steep at 200° for 3 mins
Inspired by the heart of the Doctor and the TARDIS

(Blended with black tea, white tea, blueberries, natural blueberry flavor, natural caramel flavor, orange peels, blue cornflowers, natural vanilla flavor, natural bergamot flavor, natural creme flavor)

created by: Aun-Juli Riddle

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Aun-Juli Riddle View company

So… I like this less with a longer steep. :( Gets a bit weird tasting, almost chemical-like, and less the blueberry caramel amazingness that I normally crave. Totally user error this time around!

Flavors: Berries, Caramel

VariaTEA

I try to stick as close to 2 minutes for most of the Adagio teas

VariaTEA

There is something about their bases that just does not work when steeped a while.

Kaylee

Today’s word of the day is tardis: http://wordsmith.org/words/today.html

MissB

Agreed with Adagio – especially this one, with the white tea in it. Kaylee – that’s hilarious!

Sami Kelsh

Indeed – if it’s got white in it, I tend to go with 2-3 minutes at 180 degrees. Unless I forget and leave it for like 6 minutes and try to enjoy it anyway.

Another blend from MissB! thank you so much! Two TARDIS blends! I’ll try the other one next week. I never really had a chance to get into Doctor Who… (probably because it would double my show watching time) but these blends sure sound amazing. Both blends seem to be Earl Grey with some sort of berry. This one has blueberry. The Cara McGee blend has blackberry. This blend does have some white tea in it.

Steep #1 // 20 mins after boiling // 2 min
The steep color is very light – doesn’t even seem like black tea! But the fragrance is amazing – definitely sweet and blueberry. The taste is great.. sweet blueberry along the lines of David’s Blueberry Jam or 52Teas Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish. There is a sweetness I would say is supposed to be the caramel/cream. I definitely wouldn’t say this is a bergamot tea though… it’s missing here. The base is perfect for these flavors. It’s very delicious.

Steep #2 // just boiled // 3 min
Here are some spices I missed the first time! I’m getting cinnamon this time around. It’s interesting! I really like this one, as I usually like Adagio’s blends.

Cavocorax

That’s an interesting combo. I think I prefer the black Tardis tea(in theory bc I haven’t tried this) only bc it’s much easier to steep black tea over white.

I didn’t realize you pools have success resteeping Adagio blends. I’d just assumed they were one time only!

Tea Sipper

It’s very rare that I don’t resteep actually (usually herbals)..or if I don’t like a tea. They usually taste the same to me!

I really like this tea. It’s not so much earl grey as it is caramel blueberry for me.

Definitely need to get more, once I’ve worked through more of what I have.

I mean, MissB did give me a little pouch of this, so I’ll be good for a while. :)

I was originally going to go for Harney & Sons Paris until I realized that I don’t have anymore!! D’: So I went for this TARDIS blend instead, which is perfect because it’s one of my favorites. Now since it is 2am here, it is officially Feb 22nd, which means I’m getting married today!!! Still waiting for the Doctor to take fiance and I both on adventures and crash the wedding later. There’s still time, right? Wibbly-wobbly….

Flavors: Berries, Caramel

OMGsrsly

I was just poking through the explore tag, and had to wish you congratulations! I hope everything goes amazingly. :)

JustJames

have a very good life! my this be the beginning of a long satisfying life that brings every dream your way!

Nattie

Congratulations!! (: hope it all goes perfectly

MissLena

Congrats!! I hope you have a perfect day and a long, wonderful life together!! :)

keychange

Congratulations! winter wedding!

Hello.Kiki

Thanks everyone! We had a great time and I couldn’t be happier :)

I always drink this when I’m feeling down. I’m on my 3rd bag of it and still love it.

Shmiracles

hi brendan, writing from the Adagio Fandom Blends post on the swap thread, if you ‘follow’ me then we can send messages and see if i have a tea or two you’d like to try or swap.

I simply love this tea. I have to admit I bought it for the tin most of all, but was very delighted with the tea itself. It’s an utterly beautiful mix. The smell and taste is pleasant and comforting. It’s the lightest Earl Grey I’ve had though, would have liked a bit more spice.

2nd TARDIS blend today! I really wanted to compare this one to the Cara Mcgee TARDIS while I had it fresh in mind.

Dry, I couldn’t figure out what this reminded me of. It’s a sort of odd smell, savory, yet comforting. For some reason I was reminded of tea+soap+lemongrass. Definitely have to shake the bag up, the white leaves will gravitate to the top, and the black towards the bottom, it’s kind of hard though, this is 4oz in a 3oz bag! (Because Tardis is bigger on the inside, lol.)

Brewed the leaves remind me of tea+soap initially. Have you tried that Lemongrass scented soap by Dove? THAT. The liquor was more cream flavored tea+lemongrass. (Mellow lemongrass, not sharp.)

I was hesitant about the brewing instructions, it is a white and black blend. But I followed the recommended directions, 200*F@3min. 2nd Steep 195*F at 4min.

A sweeter smell developed as it cooled to drinkable temperature. I really could start to pick out the notes: creme, blueberry, lemon. I think that it’s the cinnamon and ginger that translates the bergamot into lemongrass for me.

This is a much more savory type tea than Cara M’s TARDIS. The overall effect isn’t extremely savory, bit for me it makes it more of an ‘all the time’ tea than Cara’s, which is dessert sweet. It’s also easier to drink being a white+black blend, it’s much lighter on the senses. It’s a good tea that you don’t really have to worry about much if it’s going to pair well with your food, or with your mood.

Thanks MissB for the sample, I broke it out today because it’s a size I should be able to sipdown relatively quickly. I wasn’t sure whether I should stick to the steeping directions you wrote out because the temp. was rather high for a blend containing white tea – but I figured you knew what you were doing and I went for it.

My thoughts based on my first few sips are kinda “eighyhh” (which is totally a thing starting now, just because I say it is). The problem I’m encountering here is that the caramel tastes really weird paired with the base teas, which are terribly reminding me of vegetable stock. Vegetable stock/broth and caramel? Ewww

And berries? There’s supposed to be berries in this? Sorry, but nope.

Actually, I just looked up the ingredients list… And what the fuck!? I’m starting to wonder if I’m drinking the wrong tea – except, I totally double checked to make sure I’d grabbed the correct TARDIS tea (I’ve got the Cara McGee one too) – because I don’t taste any of this shit?

Blueberries? Nope
Ginger? Nope (thank God…)
Cinnamon? Maybe, if I push really hard?
Bergamot? Even this one – which is typically a hard flavour to miss – is hiding on me.

The only thing I get is vegetable stock and caramel. Yeah, this is a miss for me…

A really, really weird miss; but hey, at least I have one TARDIS tea I enjoy, right?

Flavors: Caramel, Chicken Soup

Roswell Strange

So, my “ewww” shows up as hyperlinked. Interesting.

Lala

Your “eighyhh” totally reminds me of Fonzie from Happy Days. he he.

Cavocorax

Wait…. how is chicken soup a flavour, and strawberry isn’t?
Too bad it didn’t work out.

Jennkay

I was scrolling casually when I saw Chicken Soup as one of the flavors and thought, “Wait, am I still on Steepster?” haha. Sounds like a weird experience.

OMGsrsly

Oh no! I love this one, I get a blueberry earl grey. But I think I steep at 180F or so. Still. Caramel chicken soup… that’s definitely something interesting to try. O.o

This tea is a sweet, fruity earl grey. It’s not a very ‘bright’ tea, like many earl greys tend to be. The caramel keeps it sweet and mellow.