Black Green Blend
Assam Melody, Black Tea, Cardamom Pods, Cinnamon Bark, Cloves, Ginger Root, Lapsang Souchong, Natural Spice Flavor, Orange Peels
Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Smoke, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Cavocorax

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Aun-Juli Riddle

Product description not available yet.

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Aun-Juli Riddle View company

Mint and chai, two flavours I love to have in my tea cupboard. Yum!!
Thank you to Cavorax for sharing!
The blend of spices and mint was perfect in this cup. I really enjoyed it. Though I can’t pinpoint what was in it exactly as the mint seemed to obscure things a tad. Not that I mind, delish is delish and I’ll take it :)

Kirkoneill1988

happily headless….. doesn’t sound right lol. nice review though :)

Indigobloom

I know right? I think it refers to a cartoon. thanks!!

Thanks for sharing this, Cavocorax!

It’s definitely very minty, which would be expected given that it contains candy cane, plus I can taste the chai elements as well. Not bad, though definitely more appropriate for Christmas. Also, the only blend out of the four I brewed up tonight that wasn’t astringent! Woo!

Sipdown (117)!

Thank you VariaTEA for sending a sample of this one my way! It’s my first tea of the morning; I had it set aside for yesterday but never quite made it to the sample.

I have to say, I’m quite happy I watched enough GoT to understand the character reference here! I think the ingredients picked out by this blender are pretty well thought out too; though I do think there might just be a bit more “Fire” than “Ice” – although to be fair there certainly are a lot of very visable candy cane pieces in the dry leaf.

This is essentially a Chai, though an unconventional one, so I wasn’t the most excited about this blend but it came out pretty tasty! The clove is easily the strongest flavour here, and since that’s the one ‘conventional’ Chai spice that I personally feel you can never have too much of that works very well in my favor.

The rest of the flavour is pretty nice too; there’s an even dispersal of ginger, cardamom and cinnamon with just the faintest little touch of smoke from the Lapsang. The candy cane isn’t as strong as I expected given how much I could see in the leaf and the fact that this is inspired by Ned Stark which obviously ties into the whole “Winter Is Coming”/Ice thing. It is present, but subtly so and it’s more acting as a sweetener than really contributing any strong mint flavour. The finish is a little bit peppery, with maybe a touch too much cardamom.

Overall I think this is better than most Adagio fan blends though; they tend to get pretty muddled because blenders pick out ingredients that are either too similar so there’s no contrast or playing off one another or they pick ingredients that fit the ‘character’ but clash with one another/don’t compliment each flavour. This kind of avoids that for the most part, while still being fairly thoughtful.

I definitely wanted more “ice” – but maybe it’s poetic irony that the “fire” was the most dominant thing…

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Smoke, Sweet

Nichole

I love the artwork!

I made this as a latte and I am not sure what happened but the mint has subsided and is only present in the aftertaste. What do I get when I am actually drinking this then?! Spice cake! Moist, rich spice cake! It is really good! It’s weird since the flavors in this are ones I would usually pass on trying but they are really working for me. I am passing the rest of the samples on to my tea twin so she can try it out but I am incredibly grateful to Cavocorax for the share! I would actually consider buying this if I were placing an Adagio order.

Dustin

The name of this tea is awesome!

VariaTEA

The whole line of these teas are inspired by Sean Bean deaths which is hilarious

thanks cavocorax for this one. it’s not a bad little chai tea. Still never going to be a favourite but the blending on this was at least something interesting. i like the addition of the candycane which smooths things out a little…though let’s be honest, once you’ve tried a few adagio blends, you feel like you’re tried most of them heh

I’m still logging teas from the giant bag Sil gave me (with samples from several other people, and a few surprise ones I got this week). It’s a nice way to spend the day, as I take a break from Korean Dramas.

Fated to Love You was so amazing though, you guys. It’s on Canadian Netflix and the main characters are awesome, even though the guy seems like a bit of a dick sometimes. I didn’t realise how tragic a romantic comedy could get though. (clutches tea close to her for comfort…)

I feel so stuffed up and sinusy, so this was a good choice. I wouldn’t mind being headless right now if it meant I felt better. :P The mint in this does help me feel like my head is clearing though.

This is still a good tea that makes me happy.

Poor Ned.

hahahahaha

because there’s NO WAY you’re only at 110 teas…

Cavocorax

There! Finished! I’m at 176 + one ‘smelly tea’ from Bonny that i can’t read the name of. :P

LOL does it smell really strange? might be hedgehog tea

also..YAAAY i’m less than you!!!

Cavocorax

OMG. Yes. That’s what it was! I had no idea what that said.

Cavocorax

Haha. I’m sure I could get down to 150 in not much time – so many of those are just one-cuppers. :) And I split about 20 or so of those up to send to North Bay to another friend! Bahaha.

SNEAKY! I approve. :D

Cavocorax

Excellent! (It’s for omens- you prob see me chat to her on twitter/instagram all the time, but she hasn’t been on steepster for ages)

OMGsrsly

Yes! SPN fan. :D Although I’ve been bad at twittering lately.

Cavocorax

SPN fan, and now… kdrama enabler. :P

Cavocorax

You’ve been posting tons to instagram though! And you got me to follow Hello Tailor, so thanks? :p

OMGsrsly

Muahaha. Hello Tailor is great. I love her costume analysis posts on tumblr.