Food Tea
Black Tea, Ceylon Sonata, Hibiscus, Natural Caramel Flavor, Orange Flavoring, Orange Peels, Rose Hips
Edit tea info Last updated by Cavocorax

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Aun-Juli Riddle

Decadent, classic, intelligent, and a just the right amount of wrong. This is a smooth, charming blend that will keep you enthralled until the last… sip.

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Aun-Juli Riddle View company

HHTTB

First sip: Bleeeech! Hibiscus?!
Second sip: Yuck. Hibiscus.
Third sip: Hibiscus… WHY?! Why would you do that?!
Fourth sip: Hibiscus and… coffee? I don’t get it.

Cheri

I’m sorry…this made me laugh. I hope all you had was four sips and down the drain it went….

The Cookie Lady

Your tasting notes are cracking me up today :)

hippiechick 42

Bwhaha! Hibiscus and coffee?! Sounds nasty!

Dustin

I was laughing at myself writing this too. I’m glad y’all can laugh with me. And yes, it went down the drain pretty quickly! So gross.

cavocorax gave me this one and i’ve been saving it because it sounded terribly delicious to me. that being said, once i brewed it up, the citrus is a little too over powering. I am relaly loving the caramel smell and taste, but struggling to find the harmonious balance with the citrus in this tea. That being said, maybe that’s why it’s a good hannibal tea since that show is messed up lol. Still enjoying it, though i wish things were a little more gounded and balanced :)

Cavocorax

Awww. Too bad it didn’t work for you. It was an odd one.

How appropriate!

I’m reviewing this tea while I read the revised script for the last episode of Hannibal S2. (no spoilers – I’m not allowed to say anything, but I WISH I COULD. :O)

I’m in a total Hannibal mood right now – listening to this awesome music video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WP6_m9rRlI&feature=youtu.be) inspired by the show. NBC heard the song and asked to collaborate with the artist to make a official music video and the final product is quite lovely and haunting! Some spoilers for Season 1 there. I don’t think anything important from S2 is in it. Just, give it a listen!

Also, I don’t think it’s a spoiler to say that we made a ravenstag at the shop. I helped glue the fur and feathers on. Pretty neat!

Anyway, on to the tea review: I think Aun-Juli nailed it. This is show that takes subject matter that churns the stomach and makes it antithetically pleasing. Never has cannibalism looked this good, right? The show is sophisticated and treats it’s audience intelligently, and turns the victims into art… This tea does the same. (See I was going somewhere with this…)

It takes hibiscus, orange peels and rose hips, ingredients that can very easily ruin a tea, and does something masterful with it. This tea is sweet, and tart. It’s bold, (for an Adagio blend) and the caramel orange swirl together quite nicely.
TheTeaFairy

The video is awesome and so is the song, thanks for sharing :-)

Yay! I’m happy you enjoyed it. :D

Shmiracles

last night i spent a minute trying to find season 1 online. then i just ended up watching sad HBO documentaries instead.
but the important thing is that i got close :) hah

Cavocorax

That’s infinitely more effort than you used previously! :P
And I wish I knew where you could get Season 1 legally, though I did find it here: http://www.cokeandpopcorn.info/?s=hannibal (Umm, I’ve never used this site but tumblers mention it. It may be safe? Be warned…)

Of course if you’re just looking for more sad documentaries, check out “Dear Zachary.”

EvaGrimm

This sounds delicious. As for the show, I just hope that there’s a season 3…and 4 and… :P Same for BBC sherlock.

Cavocorax

Me too! I’m hoping to get to work on future seasons because it’s so interesting!

EvaGrimm

Wow, finally listened to the music video that you posted -love it.

Cavocorax

Yay! I can’t stop listening to it… It’s almost like a lullaby…

Roswell Strange

I showed it to my roommate (he’s a huge Hannibal fan) and he loved it. I actually caught him listening to it this morning before school.