Green Pu-erh Blend
Leather, Smoke, Tobacco
Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles

• “I tried this at a higher temp and longer steep time and really didn't care for it as much. For me, the perfect temp is somewhere between 200-180F at 3-4 min. The flavors are leather, nuts, smoke,...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 538 tasting notes
  • “okay so if you don't wanna ever have to consider or think about fictional characters having gay love moments then scroll away now!!! . . . because i read a story once in which Greg knew Sherlock...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 741 tasting notes
  • “Because Lestrade is my faaaaave. I needed some waking up to do and the last time I drank him, I couldn't sleep till 3 or 4 in the morning. It's noon right now so I'll be fiiineeee. I really like...” Read full tasting note
    jump62359 594 tasting notes
  • “This was one of my favorite blends from this Adagio fandom series. It has great sturdy flavor and stands up well to multiple brewings. It's smooth. I can't detect hazelnut as a separate note.” Read full tasting note
    drussell41 1 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

Smoky traces of gunpowder, aged leather, mellowed with a trace of hazelnut. A distinguished, if tired, blend.

Inspired by BBC’s Sherlock, which I am in no way affiliated with. This is created purely for my own enjoyment.

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

I tried this at a higher temp and longer steep time and really didn’t care for it as much. For me, the perfect temp is somewhere between 200-180F at 3-4 min.
The flavors are leather, nuts, smoke, and general manliness. This fits the character perfectly and I actually enjoy this on special occasions.

okay so if you don’t wanna ever have to consider or think about fictional characters having gay love moments then scroll away now!!!
because i read a story once in which Greg knew Sherlock when he was young and in college and kinda a mess with drugs. and Greg saved him from lots of law problems. Sherlock’s brilliance being obvious and even more blinding when compounded with youth. and Sherlock being anti-social and friendless even more alienating when compounded with youth. and in this story young Sherlock seduced the pained and haunted detective. making them kinda forever grateful and changed and connected through a familiar understanding of i knew you then when things were so ugly and we were islands.
we were islands.
and that is my Lestrade.

the new series has him with a strained warmth that more vintage versions of Sherlock Holmes don’t quite embody.
and i love modern Lestrade so so much.
also this tea does smell kinda like the idea of his well used car/leather shoes/stubbled face/old coffee cups.

it’s the rare and strained warmth of a sensitive BAMF.

jump62359

Duuude. Lestrade though. He was the first of the fandom blends that I bought and I kinda died when I finished the last of him last year!

Hello.Kiki

I’d have to agree with you. BBC Sherlock’s Lestrade is my favorite incarnation of the character.

Cavocorax

Oooooh, that’s an interesting match! I’m so used to thinking of Lestrade with that OTHER Holmes, (and boy, have I grown to like him too…)

Cavocorax

Also, you should start ALL your tsating notes witih warnings like that so I know which ones I need to hurry and scroll down to the best parts for!

Because Lestrade is my faaaaave.
I needed some waking up to do and the last time I drank him, I couldn’t sleep till 3 or 4 in the morning. It’s noon right now so I’ll be fiiineeee.
I really like Lestrade. Smoky and musky gooood.

Shmiracles

Oh this one does looks good! a little like the ninth doctor blend too. it’s going on my shopping list :)

This was one of my favorite blends from this Adagio fandom series. It has great sturdy flavor and stands up well to multiple brewings. It’s smooth. I can’t detect hazelnut as a separate note.

It smelled stronger than expected and appeared darker than expected. Again a mix of things I’d never tried before, I liked the second cup better. And as always, I added a bit of sugar to it to counteract the kind of smokey, nutty tastes. I may add a little milk next time too. Overall it’s not bad. Not good for my sweet tooth cravings, but good for just a strong tasting, “solid” tea.

This truly is a very manly tea— not to mention the perfect character tea for Greg Lestrade. Hazelnut and pu erh taste wonderful together, deliciously earthy and nutty, and gunpowder green tea rounds out the flavour nicely.

This is the manliest tea of all time. I brewed it way too long this time so I’ll halve the time next time, but with cream and sugar it’s still quite nice. Plain I felt like it was going to make me grow a beard, it was so manly! This tea makes me think of being out all day in the pouring rain, getting soaked to the bone, and then getting back to your log cabin, changing into soft, dry clothes and having a warm, strong cuppa to wake you up and warm you up. Incredibly comforting. Love love love.

A robust tea that makes one think of leather and smoke. But don’t let it frighten you off; it’s got plenty of heart. This tea is full of gruff flavor between the pu erh dante and gunpowder. The hazelnut is faint among the presence of the other two teas, but the blend is comforting in a way that reminds you of curling up in your father’s armchair, wrapped in a well worn flannel shirt.

Flavors: Leather, Smoke

Description from Adagio: leather… a distinguished, if tired blend. Yep, I’d say that’s pretty accurate. There’s something nutty and… old… it’s just not my thing, although I could see my Dad having wanted to drink this as he smoked one of his pipes. Yep, that’s what this tastes like — hazelnut tobacco, the good kind. (Is there a good kind?)

Anyway. Not for me. Anyone else like this sorta flavor? I’ll send it along.

Flavors: Leather, Tobacco

jump62359

Oh but Lestrade though! I purchased him like two years ago, wow. But I remember loving him a ton because he was like the first tea I’ve ever purchased out of my Lupicia bubble haha

I had some trouble with this because the smokiness was a bit much at first. But for some reason you come back for sip after sip and eventually you settle in to it. Once you do it is rather nice to be honest.