Black Tea, Blackberry Leaves, Blue Cornflowers, Natural Bergamot Oil, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Orange Peels
Blackberry, Earl Grey, Vanilla, Cotton Candy, Cream, Berries
Edit tea info Last updated by SubtleFire

• “Ok, so everyone has been posting this one lately and it reminded me I was due for a cup. I think I still have about 2 oz of this left in my pretty, keep me forever TARDIS tin! But I bought this...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1641 tasting notes
  • “It's been a busy day! First, I actually left my house at 8:30 in the morning to meet with the new principal of the Visual & Performing Arts (VPA) middle school in St. Louis' Magnet school system....” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2862 tasting notes
  • “Does anyone remember the TV Mini Series The 10th Kingdom? I remember first watching the DVD set when I was like 12, maybe? I decided yesterday that in between job hunting I'm going to rewatch the...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1713 tasting notes
  • “Yet another fan-based tea blend, this time it's Dr. Who! I just started watching Dr. Who and now I can't stop! I love the smell of this tea. It is straight up berries. I know there is some earl...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 536 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

Tastes bigger inside the cup [Ethereal earl grey and enchanting black berry with notes of vanilla]

Inspired by BBC’s Doctor Who, which I am in no way affiliated with. This is created purely for my own enjoyment.

Ingredients: Adagio’s earl grey bravo, blackberry, vanilla. Blended with black tea, orange peels, natural bergamot flavor, blue cornflowers, natural blackberry flavor, natural vanilla flavor, blackberry leaves.

created by: Cara McGee

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

This is a really pretty tea. I like the artwork on the package too. Anyway.

I mostly pick up the earl grey flavour when I drink this. I normally like a pretty strong earl grey (hello double bergamot stash tea) so this is okay, but I’m not really picking up much of the other flavours, beyond a slightly stronger than normal fruitiness from what is presumably the blackberry (or blueberry? Other reviews are confusing). This is not my favourite tea, but I like it well enough and I haven’t had an earl grey that I liked in a while. Mostly earl grey creams which I have found that I don’t like so much.

and WOOT, this is my 100th review!

Alphakitty

Congrats on 100~

I got a sample of this from Bibliohermione. Thanks, Erin!

This is super tasty. The earl grey comes through but is tempered with the blackberry and vanilla. Everything works together perfectly, and is a nice alternative to a regular earl grey.

The Doctor would approve.

This tea smells amazing in the bag. Most of the reviews of Adagio say that this tastes like a blueberry muffin. I can’t seem to figure out how to make it taste that way. I’ve made it both with and without milk and sugar. I’ve played around with temperature and steeping time. It is a very good Earl Grey tea. But all I can taste is the Earl Grey. I bought the collector’s tin so I can display the artwork on my shelf. When it is empty I will probably just refill it with a plain Early Grey unless I can figure out the secret to unlocking this tea.

Let’s be honest: I got this because there was super-cute artwork on the front and last year I rediscovered earl grey as an actually good tea. (Early experience with Lipton Earl Grey had me convinced that it tasted like Pine-Sol and was to be avoided.)

I really liked this! The fruity blackberry smell is strong in the bag, but the flavor mellows out into a great accompaniment to the bergamot when the tea cools down. I’m nearly to the bottom of my bag, and I have a few other earl greys in my cupboard I’m going to try first, but I’d definitely order this again or buy it for the tea-loving Doctor Who fans in my life.

Yum. You can smell all the flavors in the dry tea. When I steeped it, the Earl Grey won out, though there’s some berry in the background. Perhaps I steeped it for too long or with too hot water, or maybe my palate isn’t nuanced enough. Still, it’s tasty, and even more so with some sugar and milk.

Ever since I found out about Adagio and its most popular custom tea blends by Cara McGee, I’ve wanted to try the Tardis blend. The Tardis blend is one of the many fandom tea blends the site offers; this one being for one of my favorite television shows, the BBC’s Doctor Who.

The Tardis tea blend is a mixture of Earl Grey Bravo tea (Adagio’s signature Earl Grey), blackberry tea (which is a Ceylon black tea infused with blackberries), and vanilla (another flavored Ceylon black tea). The tea is naturally sweet, so I recommend tasting it before adding any sweeteners. Since it’s a black tea, you should steep it for 2-3 minutes.

I think it would make a nice iced tea as well, but I love how comforting it is while hot. It’s sweet, but the sweetness doesn’t overwhelm the taste of the tea. You could even add sugar without making it too sweet. I like how the vanilla is more of an aftertaste. It takes you a moment to catch the blackberry notes, but I like that it doesn’t overshadow the tea.

This would make a very nice dessert tea. Some people on the website recommend it with milk, so I’m going to have to try that at some point. All in all, I give this tea five out of five stars. I’ve tried some blends on Adagio (some where my own, but not all) that haven’t really turned out well. I think this might become one of my new favorite teas!

Another thing I love about this tea? You get 4oz instead of the standard 3oz of custom blends… Because it’s bigger on the inside!

Again, bear with me, still just a beginner in the world of loose leaf teas, though I think I am getting better. The massive number of opinions out here on the site help me increase my knowledge quite a bit, and I have to thank everyone for that. So here we go:

Scent:
Before Steeping: Fruity. Very fruity. I can definitely smell the blackberry; the smell tends to overwhelm everything else. Faint scent of vanilla in the background, along with the earl grey bravo.
While Steeping: About one minute in: slightly aromatic. Earl grey scents are in the majority. Light berry scent, smells more like blueberries than blackberry.
After Steeping: More aromatic than before, but not much. Earl grey scents have taken a back seat- more of a blueberry scent now. Very fruity, reminds me almost of cooked blueberries.

Flavor:
-1st Steep: Did this at boiling, so I’m letting it sit to cool down for a moment. Mixed two spoonful’s of sugar in with it, to enhance the natural sweetness (I love sugar). My first sip instantly engulfs me in intense berry flavors. And they most definitely are blueberries, not the blackberry like it says in the ingredients. Too sweet to be blackberries. I can taste a hint of vanilla in the back, nice and soothing. The earl grey is still there to, just less intense than I thought it would be.
-2nd Steep: Boiling again, but steeping them a second time around with the same bunch as the first time. Only one spoonful of sugar this time though. I kind of like the taste better this time. It’s lost a bit of flavor, sure, but the earl grey is still noticeable, as is the berry and the vanilla, just less so. Still fruity and sweet, which is good, but not as much as before. Fairly good for a second time around.

Overall: I like it, I really do, but it’s too fruity to drink consistently. I would drink it every now and then, but the fruitiness of the blueberry tends to get to intense at times, while there isn’t enough vanilla, and the earl grey flavors are little less than I usually like.

This is another great blend that is on my favorites list. It smells so good in the bag and tastes better in my tea mug! I was a bit skeptically about it at first, since of the vanilla. I’m not too big on vanilla. However blended with Earl Grey Bravo, and Blackberry it’s surprisingly pleasant!

So good

Flavors: Blackberry, Earl Grey, Vanilla

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

Taken with milk.

I went in skeptical, but I’m pleasantly surprised by this tea. The base and flavours aren’t fancy or deep, but that doesn’t stop it from being a lot of fun. Blue raspberries, cotton candy, blackberry danishes, and bubblegum ice cream are all good things in my book. So are blackberries. I could drink so much of this tea, all the time..

It tastes like the colour blue.

Flavors: Blackberry, Cotton Candy, Cream, Vanilla

Cavocorax

Haha. I am nearly finished my 6 oz tin of this! :O So I’m ready to back away for a little, but it is good, especially for an Adagio tea.

CrowKettle

A 6oz tin! Fair enough. That’s a lot of one thing, even if you like it.

I think I’ll eventually pick up more of this one when I drink up the rest of my samples (or when season 8 starts). I wish they had an amount between “sample” and “4oz pouches” though.

Cavocorax

Yeah, I hear you! At least you get the extra oz, but.. yeah… it’s so much! I was very generous with mine but I’ll be happy to finish that one. It’s my oldest tea at 14 months old! :O (Y’know what? I’m going to finish it RIGHT NOW!)