Black Tea, Blackberry Leaves, Blue Cornflowers, Natural Bergamot Oil, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Orange Peels
Blackberry, Earl Grey, Vanilla, Cotton Candy, Cream, Berries
Edit tea info Last updated by SubtleFire

• “Ok, so everyone has been posting this one lately and it reminded me I was due for a cup. I think I still have about 2 oz of this left in my pretty, keep me forever TARDIS tin! But I bought this...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1680 tasting notes
  • “It's been a busy day! First, I actually left my house at 8:30 in the morning to meet with the new principal of the Visual & Performing Arts (VPA) middle school in St. Louis' Magnet school system....” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2918 tasting notes
  • “Does anyone remember the TV Mini Series The 10th Kingdom? I remember first watching the DVD set when I was like 12, maybe? I decided yesterday that in between job hunting I'm going to rewatch the...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1828 tasting notes
  • “Yet another fan-based tea blend, this time it's Dr. Who! I just started watching Dr. Who and now I can't stop! I love the smell of this tea. It is straight up berries. I know there is some earl...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 538 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

Tastes bigger inside the cup [Ethereal earl grey and enchanting black berry with notes of vanilla]

Inspired by BBC’s Doctor Who, which I am in no way affiliated with. This is created purely for my own enjoyment.

Ingredients: Adagio’s earl grey bravo, blackberry, vanilla. Blended with black tea, orange peels, natural bergamot flavor, blue cornflowers, natural blackberry flavor, natural vanilla flavor, blackberry leaves.

created by: Cara McGee

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

Another Adagio sample from Cavocorax!

This one I’ve been wanting to try for awhile.

I enjoyed it more than the Jane Austen Mafia one which has similar ingredients, but this one had the bergamot, so it’s more of a flavored earl grey. I do love earl greys.

Problem is, it’s still the same mediocre black tea base, and they went way too light on the bergamot for my tastes. I REALLY love earl greys.

Overall it’s just a very lightly flavored earl grey tea. Honestly I would expect a Tardis tea to pack more of a punch! I am clearly in the minority though. But I can’t help wondering if half of the love is more for the Doctor Who association than for the actual tea. Maybe it’s just my newfound pickiness in regards to flavored teas…..getting pregnant changed how I feel about most of my old favorites too! And post-baby I have all new preferences. Or perhaps that’s just my tastebuds changing and adapting naturally on their own.

I have enough to try more, so I may add extra leaf to see if that helps up the flavor at all.

After a couple more Adagio samples from the lovely Cavo, I will be done this taste testing experiment of mine! I think I’m coming out on the right side of it too, because my conclusion is one of total “meh-ness”, which makes my wallet very happy considering I already have TTC, Butiki and Teavivre orders on my future wishlist!

Thanks again, Cavocorax. You’ve saved my bank account!!

I finally got around to placing my first Adagio order late last week. It’s getting close to my birthday and my fiance just got a third (!!!!) fish tank, so I figured some tea was in order. If my apartment is going to be slowly taken over by aquariums the least I can do is compensate by ordering lots of tea. Really, I see no other solution.

I got a sample tin of this tea because I love Earl Greys and Earl Grey + fruit just seemed like a winning combination. I steeped this at work (so, I have no idea how much tea was used, how hot the water was, or an approximate steep time .. oops) and added a bit of sugar. It’s not bad, maybe not my favorite Earl Grey, but I love how smooth it is — no need to add milk! The fruit flavor is vague but there, and makes this tea just a little more special. Probably not something I’ll reorder, but I’m really glad I tried it.

Fandom Tea Day – Tea #2

The Doctor: You didn’t always take me where I wanted to go.
Idris (The TARDIS): No, but I always took you where you needed to go.

I feel like that quote sums up my feelings about this tea. This tea contains my arch-enemy, bergamot, so I immediately wanted to run the other way. BUT it’s a fandom blend AND it was sent to me by the lovely Roswell Strange SO I felt the need to try it.

I’m glad I did. I might not sip it that often, but the bergamot is fairly mild, and slighty tolerable, and the blackberry and vanilla come through nicely, so I might imbibe from time to time.

Because I do, so very much, love the TARDIS.

mj

I love the TARDIS too…but maybe not enough to drink blergamot

Cavocorax

Glad to hear the bergamot was tolerable! It’s a nice cup!

TTB&C #6

Adagio and I tend not to get along. I am not sure why. Most teas I have tried are either meh or teas I just really do not want to drink again. I have had more success with the fandom blends and this is one that I have read a lot about that I really wanted to try. This was decent. It was a decent earl grey. I am not sure what to say about it. The flavors baffled me a bit this morning. It was EGC -ish, but there was a hint of something else that I could never put my figure on. If someone gave me more of this tea I would definitely enjoy it. I am not sure I would hunt this out to purchase, but I definitely won’t pass up another cup.

Yea for Tardis! I think I would love anything named Tardis but this exceeds my expectations. The Earl Grey is lovely with a nice amount of bergamot and a hit of vanilla. I don’t really taste the berries but that’s okay. I can enjoy this while I sit and dream of DW starting up again in August. That is waaaaay too long to wait. :( The tea is good and I would keep it stocked after I have used up more of my EG’s.

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I took a sniff and fell in love, then had to wait five minutes to see if it loved me back.

But seriously, this tea is comfort in a mug. The earl grey is familiar and comforting with its bergamot and black tea flavors. The blackberry and vanilla flavors add some excitement to what would otherwise be the typical earl grey, and they blend in wonderfully while toning down the bergamot.

I don’t like Dr. Who but I was able to try this fandom blend. I wasn’t impressed. It tasted like Earl Grey that was watered down with berries. There was nothing exceptional about it and I felt like the flavors stacked on top of each other rather than truly blending together to form a complete profile.

This tea smells lovely, like a cup of potpourri. The taste is very floral as well, a bit too much at times. It has a tendency to taste like floral scented soap when it cools. Maybe I got a strange batch.

So I had free thing of tea from Adiago and i decided that I always want to try one of these blends. SO i pick the Tardis. It starts off as a choice on a whim and it is the nerd in me. SO anyways…

The tea is simply great. It has such a robust flavor that I had to sit the cup down. Pause. Think about all the things that I have had in my life. Then resip. The cup of tea has not only a beautiful taste but it also has wonderful smell to it.

To say that I enjoyed this tea is an understatement. To say that I loved this tea.. would be the correct words for this statement. I have never been more upset that I am running low on a tea till now. Anyways back to the taste.

So the tea is a bold tea. Which if you aren’t sipping carefully you will miss some of the subtle flavors. It has some berry flavor in there, but mostly a nice Earl Grey. However, the berry gives that Earl a different flavor mix it with a little bit of vanilla. You are in heaven plus some. The only problem becomes when either A. the teapot runs out or even worse when you run out of this lovely blend. :| anyways Enjoy.

This tea is super yummy. At first when you open the bag it smells like a blueberry muffin, sweet with a nice bit of berry. On steeping this tea is when I really started to notice the fruitiness of it, the tea doesn’t taste how I thought it would, it’s better!

Tasting notes:
1.) The bergamot oils are really mellowed down by the vanilla and berry.
2.) This tea is good steeped a little stronger than most EG teas.

How I brewed it: