Green Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles

• “This is lovely! I had totally missed the fact that it had jasmine flavored rooibos in it. I've only had jasmine scented/flavored tea, and I didn't really like it. However the jasmine is nice and...” Read full tasting note
    kiaharii 248 tasting notes
  • “"I am burdened with glorious purpose." oh Loki. delicate jasmine flavor, inspired by your pale features no doubt. and perhaps the mint is a cold crisp stab to the heart. the gunpowder is your...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 744 tasting notes
  • “Such a fantastic tea that I love so much! Love the gunpowder and vanilla rooibos and spearmint :) Thank you tons to *shmiracles* for splitting the bag with me! This was a sipdown of the last 5g...” Read full tasting note
    jump62359 606 tasting notes
  • “When you open the bag you get a huge whiff of spearmint above all else, but as the tea steeps the jasmine and gunpowder come forward. The gunpowder is noticeable though subtle in the resulting tea,...” Read full tasting note
    tawnykira 60 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

‘So I am no more than another scorned idea, locked in your mental tea cabinet until you might have use of me? You could have told me it wouldn’t happen from the beginning! Why didn’t you? What, because I— I— I am the caffeinated blend parents won’t let their children try at night? You know, it all makes sense now, why you favoured Holmes all these years, because no matter how often you claim to make tea, you could never have a Frost Giant featured in your signature blends!’ [Thank you to the anonymous writer that left me this note, and prompted me to make a blend for Loki. Cool, refreshing, but just a bit dark, with a hint of floral undertones. This blend truly shines when iced.]

Inspired by the Marvel Comics character Loki. I have no affiliation with Marvel or Disney or any of those related companies. This blend is made for my own enjoyment.

Ingredients: gunpowder, spearmint, rooibos jasmine

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

This is lovely! I had totally missed the fact that it had jasmine flavored rooibos in it. I’ve only had jasmine scented/flavored tea, and I didn’t really like it. However the jasmine is nice and subtle, and doesn’t overpower the blend. Same goes for the mint. Actually everything in this tea is lovely together. This is a really great blend and Cara did an A+ job with the percentages of all the ingredients.

Michelle

I’ve heard this one is intended to taste better iced… * cough *

Kiaharii

Haha, I totally forgot about that until after I made it this morning. Definitely will try it later though. :)

“I am burdened with glorious purpose.”

oh Loki.
delicate jasmine flavor, inspired by your pale features no doubt.
and perhaps the mint is a cold crisp stab to the heart.
the gunpowder is your brilliant mind, i know that for sure. dark and solid and swarming with hope and pain.

also i can have this tea later at night and not feel bad about the decision since it’s mostly spearmint and rooibos. and due to this fact, on top of which i love minty teas in the evening, it will probably get drank very fast.

i’m lucky enough to get to split this 3oz bag with jump62359 who had a brilliant idea. because, did you know that Adagio has a separate warehouse on each coast!?!
if they are out of stock of something you love…check with your tea buddy from another time zone! i am so impressed with jump62359 for figuring this out. (because now Brucey will get to join all the other BFF avengers in my cupboard.)

oddree

Ice person!

Sami Kelsh

Once, when they were out of Leela blend on the east coast but not the west, I had it shipped to a friend of mine out west who ordered it for me, in exchange for a handknit tea cozy as a token of my gratitude. Thank GOSH for two warehouses!

Also, Loki’s my favourite Norse god (nerdnerdnerd) so mad props to him for being a badass tea blend. La dee da.

jump62359

I found that out when I bought my Hobbit blends sampler last year!
I just really wanted Bilbo okay. But I saw that Bilbo was out of stock, but the sampler was available and I was like WELL HECK LOOKS LIKE I’M JUST GETTING THE SAMPLER :)
It did take much longer for the package to get here, but they let a note and said that they had to ship from.. Jersey I think? Because they didn’t have the tea to make my blends.
Ahh well. At least I know who to go to if there’s a blend that isn’t in stock in California :)

Such a fantastic tea that I love so much!
Love the gunpowder and vanilla rooibos and spearmint :)
Thank you tons to shmiracles for splitting the bag with me!

This was a sipdown of the last 5g that I had. So sad to see it go, but I’ll definitely reorder when I get my tea stash down to a reasonable amount! I keep saying that. I already know my next Adagio/DAVIDs/Nina’s/Butiki/every other tea store order out there soooooo yeah. It’s going to take a while haha

When you open the bag you get a huge whiff of spearmint above all else, but as the tea steeps the jasmine and gunpowder come forward. The gunpowder is noticeable though subtle in the resulting tea, but gives a beautiful smoky undertone to the spearmint & jasmine. Definitely something I will drink a LOT of :)

Invader Zim

This sounds really good!

Tawny Kira

It really is. I was worried about the gunpowder being too much & overwhelming the jasmine/mint teas but the ratio is perfect & the spearmint really does stand up well to it.

Invader Zim

This is definitely going on my next Adagio order!

Tawny Kira

It’s SO good. I’m honestly glad they don’t sell it in sample sizes because that would have been just enough to get me hooked and then I’d be sitting in the floor staring at the empty bag until more came in the mail :P

Absolutely loved every cup of this tea. When I ordered it, I was looking for a gunpowder/mint combo and I noticed, but didn’t fully realize what effect the rooibos jasmine would have on this. Maybe I’m just easy for mint/green tea combos, but this tea is fantastic!

The jasmine adds a little depth and maybe even a hint of sweetness that tempers the smoky gunpowder and sharp spearmint. This tea makes a great travel mug, producing delicious cups even under questionable hot water conditions. Cold, the spearmint gives you that refreshing feeling. Definitely something I would buy again.

This is, surprisingly, a very delightful tea! I recieved this (and Thor) as a christmas gift and was very aprehensive to try it due to it’s minty smell. Between the jasmine and mint this is a very refreshing blend. I normally hate mint drinks but I really love this.

The smell is absolutely divine in the bag it literally blew me away. The taste at first was a bit different I admit. Now that I have tasted it properly, it’s hard to keep from having two or three cups. Which I often do XD

I made this iced because it smelled like it would be good iced. I’m not entirely sure I’d love it hot, though I will probably try that at some point. Anyway, it’s unexpected. At the first sip my mouth wasn’t sure what to think. By the time I’d finished my glass I liked it. By my second glass I really, really liked it. It’s refreshing, but weird…in a good way? I’m sure given that it’s named after a popular villain, it was intended to be just that little bit of jarring.

Another sample from Sil & Schmiracles.
Another sipdown.
I used to drink a lot of gunpowder green & mint together. It’s very refreshing, especially iced. I’ve never tried it with jasmine added, & since I like jasmine sometimes, it’s a nice addition. Not something I’d want to keep in my collection, but nice to try.

2087 tasting notes

Sipdown!! (152)

It is always nice to get to try new teas in swaps but it is especially nice when people send teas that are difficult to come by otherwise. Those who live in Canada know that Adagio blends are not the most accessible given the high shipping costs so I am very grateful to jump62359 for sending this my way.

Tastewise, the mint is strong in this blend. Very strong. And yet there is also a roasty smoke element from the gunpowder. However, underneath all the bolder flavors, there is a touch of floral jasmine to soften up the cup a bit. In that sense, it is much like Loki – a lot of flash and strength but underneath it all, a sensitive soul :P

Cavocorax

Mmmmmm. As soon as you guys say you want Adagio, I am IN for an order. I want some of this. :P My cart is already about $100 though. :|

VariaTEA

I think it might be a while for me but I can always just ship it to my Dad so if you are ready, feel free to go ahead without me :)

Cavocorax

I can wait. :) If it arrived now I wouldn’t appreciate it so much because of all the incoming teas we have.

Cavocorax

But I appreciate the offer.