Black Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles

• “As far as fandom blends go, this tea is tough to top in terms of perfectly capturing the character. It's the most unusual tea I've ever had and it's a bit of an acquired taste, but as I sip through...” Read full tasting note
    flowering 1104 tasting notes
  • “I love the deliciously floral fragrance in the bag which translates beautifully into the flavor of the tea once steeped. The guanabana slips in smoothly on the back of your tongue towards the end...” Read full tasting note
    tawnykira 60 tasting notes
  • “Tried this out because Luna is my favorite and I do like guanabana and jasmine...but it turns out, not together. I think I could get USED to this tea, and the more I drank it, the more I liked it,...” Read full tasting note
    bookshark 150 tasting notes
  • “This is the tea which put the nail in my Floral Tea is Definitely Gross coffin. It isn't a *bad* tea by any stretch of the imagination, I don't think, because it *is* interesting and it has so many...” Read full tasting note
    slanted 6 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

Created by: Cara McGee

The sweetest, softest, warmest tea imaginable, with a wild, surprising finish.
Inspired by characters owned by JK Rowling/Warner Brothers. Made for my own amusement.

Ingredients: earl grey lavender, rooibos jasmine, guanabana

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

As far as fandom blends go, this tea is tough to top in terms of perfectly capturing the character. It’s the most unusual tea I’ve ever had and it’s a bit of an acquired taste, but as I sip through each mug I become more and more fond of it.

It’s definitely floral — aggressively so, it’s not subtle at all and people who dislike jasmine and lavender should stay far away from this tea. I’ve never had gunabana before but it definitely adds a nice fruity taste buried under the flowers. Unfortunately for me, the bergamot of the earl grey is also easy to taste, and that’s what made me knock off a point. If you like florals AND fruit AND bergamot, you will want to marry this tea.

By the by, the taste of the base is completely hidden by the other flavors, so I really like the fact that it’s partially rooibos. Many of Adagio’s black teas seem to have too much caffeine for my taste, so as a black and rooibos blend this is ideal.

Invader Zim

Too bad this is a black tea blend, otherwise I would buy some!

I love the deliciously floral fragrance in the bag which translates beautifully into the flavor of the tea once steeped. The guanabana slips in smoothly on the back of your tongue towards the end of the sip creating a magical flavor with the lavender earl grey & jasmine rooibos. Perfect representation of whimsical Luna Lovegood.

Tabby

Augh, it has guanabana in it? I love that tea dearly.

Tawny Kira

It does! At first it threw me off because I’ve never had guanabana before, but it was delicious and I think I’m going to end up getting some guanabana tea to drink on it’s own because it’s really good :)

Bonnie

I’m happy that people know what Guanabana is! It’s such a yummy fruit! Fresh off the tree it looks like a big green spiny ball and inside the flesh is white with big,big almost black seeds. It’s called custard apple too. (Although it tastes more like banana pear to me and creamy). Had a tree in Puerto Rico with this fruit.

Tried this out because Luna is my favorite and I do like guanabana and jasmine…but it turns out, not together. I think I could get USED to this tea, and the more I drank it, the more I liked it, or at least could appreciate it. But, I believe I’m just not a floral tea person in general, and this tastes like a slightly sweet flower garden. It was better with sugar added, but I could go a long, long time without drinking this tea ever again and being alright about it.

This is the tea which put the nail in my Floral Tea is Definitely Gross coffin. It isn’t a bad tea by any stretch of the imagination, I don’t think, because it is interesting and it has so many different flavors bubbling up with every sip, but it certainly is not something that I enjoy. Speaking of bubbling, there’s an odd bubblegum flavor that peeks through? I have no idea why or what it is but it’s off-putting to me. Basically I purchased it because I was stubborn and wanted it because Luna is my favorite, completely disregarding the fact that I dislike flowery tea. I’m sure that it’s okay for people who do, though.

I really wanted to like this blend despite,people saying it was too floral. The smell itself was pretty foul, in the sense that it was overly sweet. I decided to give it the benefit of doubt, but from first taste to last it was too sweet. Sadly Luna was not my cup of tea.

Not the tea for me. It is a little too floral (which I should have known but I really wanted to try it). The guanabana tea doesn’t really do it for me, which makes me sad because this is my favorite fruit in the whole world. As a tea, it tastes less like guanabana and more like banana.