Black Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles

• “*"This drink... I like it!"* "I know, it's great right?" *"ANOTHER!"* ... "It was delicious! I want another!" "You could have just said so!" "I just did!" against my better judgement i just brewed...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 741 tasting notes
  • “I got a Breville tea maker with my money for Christmas! Good news about it is I'm making a lot more tea! Bad news is it's very sad watching all my teas dwindle down, especially since I was used to...” Read full tasting note
    starfishey 81 tasting notes
  • “When I opened the bag, I took a deep inhale. It smelled delicious. Tea with cinnamon and other spices, light enough to be enjoyable, not strong enough to make me want to vomit. I eagerly brewed...” Read full tasting note
    silentrequiem 274 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown (130)! This last cup was especially roasty and black, still not much of any fruit to be found. Oh well; I got to try it and have fun with the fandom aspect. Time to move on. Somewhat...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2067 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

Created by: Cara McGee

A deep, strong flavor, incredibly masculine, with bright notes of apricot.

Ingredients:
ceylon sonata, apricot, toasted mate

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

“This drink… I like it!”
“I know, it’s great right?”
ANOTHER!”

“It was delicious! I want another!”
“You could have just said so!”
“I just did!”

against my better judgement i just brewed 24oz of this.
i think i will avoid ppl for the next few hours so i can sidestep the possibility of literally tackling someone with enthusiasm.
so much mate. so so very much mate.

Shelley_Lorraine

I imagine that you would likely tackle people with or without caffeine. .don’t know where I get this image of you from ;)

Kittenna

Hahahahaha, that ^^.

Shmiracles

ALL the EXCLAMATION points!!!!!
if only you knew me when…
when i used to do cartwheels in all the wrong places.
if alien gods were real, i would ask them nicely if they could take me back to my Amazon days.

Starfevre

Ah Thor, how I love you so.

jump62359

I’m pretty sure I wasn’t the only one who read it in Thor and Darcy’s voices ahha

Shelley_Lorraine

yes, Schmiracles, it could be the exclamation points, or maybe the random use of ALL CAPS, or possible just your username, lol. It’s a good thing I am here to keep this forum balanced. I am the grumpy cat half of your excessive enthusiasm. and btw, if you read my note that referred to webkinz, and even if you didn’t, some of you may be interested to know that there will be a grumpy cat Webkinz plush released on valentines day (such an appropriate day, no?) haha.

Sami Kelsh

Heehee, that’s a dangerous amount of Thor, yo.

Cavocorax

Shelley – that’s pretty awesome. I love Grumpy Cat. Well, as much as Grumpy Cat allows.

And yesssss, where would we be without Shmiracles’ crazy enthusiasm!

I got a Breville tea maker with my money for Christmas! Good news about it is I’m making a lot more tea! Bad news is it’s very sad watching all my teas dwindle down, especially since I was used to only making one cups worth before. I still love it though.

ON TO THE TEA THOUGH! I recieved this as Christmas present and admittedly was VERY intimidated to crack into it since it is described as a strong flavored blend. I love black teas, but I usually add milk and sweetener to them. Keeping that in mind I was very aprehensive to just try this without any addatives.

After brewing it the tea smelled almost fruity, but nutty at the same time. Maybe fruity isn’t the correct way to describe it.. It smelled sweet in any case. This was reassuring for me, and taking my first sip did not disappoint at all. The apricot is pleasant, and like the smell, this tea has a natural sweetness about it that makes not not require to add anything at all!

To sum it up, I thought this was going to be an overpowering, strong, black tea but it was not the case at all, and I love it.

When I opened the bag, I took a deep inhale. It smelled delicious. Tea with cinnamon and other spices, light enough to be enjoyable, not strong enough to make me want to vomit. I eagerly brewed this. Two teaspoons was too much for a cup. This stuff (like Thor) is STRONG. I’ll cut back to one teaspoon next time.

Delicious stuff. The best thing I liked about this was that despite all the spices and flavors, it still tasted like tea. The other flavors are all undertones and weave delicately around the tea flavor – which remains predominant.

2067 tasting notes

Sipdown (130)!

Somewhat related; I’ve been planning an Adagio order. I thinking I want to get the Hobbit sampler; I haven’t tried any of the teas in it – and I’ve had everything from the Firefly and Harry Potter samplers, and a few from the Sherlock, Dr. Who, and WTNV ones which are the only others I’d be interested in otherwise. Plus those tins would be SUPER cute. Anyone tried any of the teas in it? I know Bilbo Brew The Burglar was popular here on Steepster when it still had Sweet Potato in it, but has anyone tried the new formulation?

Also; this is a thing (http://www.adagio.com/signature_blend/fandom_set.html?groupId=2171) until the end of the day. I wont be getting it because I’m not ready to place my order – but damn if those tins aren’t stunning. Seriously; amazing artwork. Someone should take advantage of that. I know there are lots of Hannibal fans here on Steepster!

OMGsrsly

Post that link on FB for Cavo! I would but I haven’t been added back and I don’t want to completely expose my fannish tendencies in public. :D

Roswell Strange

Posted for her :) Hopefully she sees it in time :P

OMGsrsly

I’m sitting here thinking, “Well, it’s only $7 shipping…” but I don’t watch the show (too scary!) and I wasn’t in love with the teas I’ve tried. (I’m also kinda sad there isn’t a tea called “Swiggity Swag” because that’s my favourite tag for the nightmare stag. :) )

1966 tasting notes

So I have brewed this up a couple times now and for some reason or another, have never gotten around to actually drinking it. Well, today that changed. Trying it now, the first thing I notice is a very heavy mate flavor followed by a hint of juicy apricot. It is earthy and almost reminds me of a fruity tobacco. It is not bad but it is also not my favorite. I am grateful for the sample but I think once I get through it, I will be done with this tea for good. Nonetheless, thank you Cavocorax for sharing with me!

You’re welcome! And I’ll stop offering to share it with you! :D

VariaTEA

Haha it is always nice to be asked :)

A TASTE OF THOR.

IDK, I think a restaurant with that name would do well.

Fruity toasted mate. Not bad, but mate isn’t my favourite. I think I like Son of Coul better, because the caramel overpowers the mate-ness of the toasted mate.

Thanks so much for sharing, Shmiracles!

Cameron B.

They would have to serve only giant cuts of meat cooking with lightning! And tenderized with giant hammers, of course.

OMGsrsly

And mead. Can’t forget the mead.

Thanks to Sil for sharing this tea, & to Schmiracles for sharing it with Sil.
This is bold, with an bit of a tart apricot aftertaste. Not bad…
Sipdown

Cavocorax

I had this over a month ago and I still think good things about it! :O

Thor’s a bit (uuhh ok, a lot) oversteeped which shows a bit in a tinge of bitterness… but he’s still super tasty.

(This is only my 2nd time having yerba mate – I like it much better this way, with black tea. The other was a citrusy thing that tasted like Tang. Bluhhhh.)

8 min or more
Cavocorax

I like this! I’ll have another!

Ozli

:DDDD Thor forever <3

“I like it. ANOTHER” ran through my head as I finished up my cup of Cecil, and with those thoughts in my brain, how can I NOT choose Thor?

I had to. It’s friggin Thor and he will not be refused.

Does anyone else find that Avengers fic reads like it’s very fast paced and the narration would leave you breathless if you read it aloud? Just a thought.

So, this tea:
I was surprised that the rec steep temp was 185, but who am I to argue with Cara about her blend? I will do what I’m told. Except I over steeped this..

But it’s ok! It tastes like dark rich mate with peach notes! And apricot! The mate is so roasty and rich that it really reminds me of coffee, but I expect that’s from steeping it twice as long as requested.

Thank you Shmiracles! My avengers tea tasting is off to a fantastic start!

ETA: Finishing my cup. Still loving every sip.

I’m not sure i’m getting apricot from this one. it’s not as blechy a mate as mate usually is for me, but it’s not a great cup of tea. I feel like thor should be bold and strong….or something hahaha now i’ve lost my train of though. But thank you for sharing shmiracles!