Black Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

created by: Cara McGee
I could describe this tea, but that would be spoilers.

Inspired by BBC’s Doctor Who, which I am in no way affiliated with. This is created purely for my own enjoyment.

ingredients:
earl grey moonlight, coconut, rooibos lemon cloud

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

This is a tasty blend!
Nicely lemony, a bit creamy. The flavors are bright & tangy, just like River Song herself!

River Song, you suck. Blergamot! yuck. I figured i would start with the teas in my pack that i knew i would be less enthusiastic about, but still hopeful. This is blergamot.

I’m cheating and removing this from my cupboard because i know i won’t drink the rest of it. Instead i’ll parcel it out to share with swap friends who want to try it or (looking at cavocorax), want more :)

also in terms of flavour…this really just tastes like an EG to me..that’s maybe just a little creamier? maybe?

Courtney

Blergamot haha.

Roswell Strange

when I first read the description I thought this sounded really good – and then I took a second to break down the individual components and realized it actually is probably something I’d be less than enthusiastic about taste wise – and that really I was probably only excited because of the character.

Fjellrev

Mmm, blergamot. I’d take that over poo-erh any day. :p

poo-er is delicious! it’s earthy, bold, dark taste is yummy! giggling

Fjellrev

Looks like someone is mesmerized by poo-ERGH.

Dinosara

You and me both Fjellrev!

Sipdown!

Okay so this is pretty good too. I noticed these Adagio teas have a certain… je ne sais quoi… smoothness or mellowness. I like it. I still like the TARDIS blend better. (I still dream of that blackberry mouthfeel.)

This is nice and creamy and enjoyable. My only complaint is that I would expect more attitude/zing from River.

So, when I found out that River will be returning for next week’s finale episode, I did a little happy dance! And then I promptly brewed a cup of this tea to celebrate. :-)

See previous tasting notes.

Yum, this is pretty great! Thanks cavocorax! Although, agreed: would expect something not so mellow from River :DDD (She’s so totally my fave, can’t help it.)

Anyway, before I read the spoilers! I thought it was citrusy-caramel, and wasn’t far off – coconutty citrus, I guess? It’s a good mix.

Cavocorax

I totally love her too now that I know more about her.

Cara captures yet another character perfectly. Smooth, yet exciting. A promise of adventure, whether you like it or not.

The creamy earl grey moonlight is perfectly complemented by coconut. The rooibos barely comes out, but the lemon is there very lightly. All in all a great tea. I think my brewing on it could do with some tweaking.

This smells like a slightly heartier Earl Grey, so I didn’t even bother trying it without milk. The scent alone is enough to make me want to rate this tea high, but I guess I’ll wait until I actually try drinking it.
On first sip it’s quite tasty, definitely an Earl Grey base, and though I can sort of taste the rooibos, it’s not overpowering; it complements the EG quite nicely (I’m not a fan of rooibos so I was a little leery of that part of this tea). I can’t really tell there’s coconut in it, though there’s something adding a delicate sweetness that may be the elusive coconut. Something delicious this way comes with the addition of a little bit of honey.

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML