Black Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 10 oz / 295 ml

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

created by: Cara McGee
I could describe this tea, but that would be spoilers.

Inspired by BBC’s Doctor Who, which I am in no way affiliated with. This is created purely for my own enjoyment.

ingredients:
earl grey moonlight, coconut, rooibos lemon cloud

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

This is a tasty blend!
Nicely lemony, a bit creamy. The flavors are bright & tangy, just like River Song herself!

River Song, you suck. Blergamot! yuck. I figured i would start with the teas in my pack that i knew i would be less enthusiastic about, but still hopeful. This is blergamot.

I’m cheating and removing this from my cupboard because i know i won’t drink the rest of it. Instead i’ll parcel it out to share with swap friends who want to try it or (looking at cavocorax), want more :)

also in terms of flavour…this really just tastes like an EG to me..that’s maybe just a little creamier? maybe?

Courtney

Blergamot haha.

Roswell Strange

when I first read the description I thought this sounded really good – and then I took a second to break down the individual components and realized it actually is probably something I’d be less than enthusiastic about taste wise – and that really I was probably only excited because of the character.

Fjellrev

Mmm, blergamot. I’d take that over poo-erh any day. :p

poo-er is delicious! it’s earthy, bold, dark taste is yummy! giggling

Fjellrev

Looks like someone is mesmerized by poo-ERGH.

Dinosara

You and me both Fjellrev!

Sipdown!

Okay so this is pretty good too. I noticed these Adagio teas have a certain… je ne sais quoi… smoothness or mellowness. I like it. I still like the TARDIS blend better. (I still dream of that blackberry mouthfeel.)

This is nice and creamy and enjoyable. My only complaint is that I would expect more attitude/zing from River.

So, when I found out that River will be returning for next week’s finale episode, I did a little happy dance! And then I promptly brewed a cup of this tea to celebrate. :-)

See previous tasting notes.

Yum, this is pretty great! Thanks cavocorax! Although, agreed: would expect something not so mellow from River :DDD (She’s so totally my fave, can’t help it.)

Anyway, before I read the spoilers! I thought it was citrusy-caramel, and wasn’t far off – coconutty citrus, I guess? It’s a good mix.

Cavocorax

I totally love her too now that I know more about her.

Cara captures yet another character perfectly. Smooth, yet exciting. A promise of adventure, whether you like it or not.

The creamy earl grey moonlight is perfectly complemented by coconut. The rooibos barely comes out, but the lemon is there very lightly. All in all a great tea. I think my brewing on it could do with some tweaking.

Method: 1.5 tsp, 8 oz, 205 degrees, 5 minutes, Forlife brew in mug steeper, Dr. Who mug (duh)

Dry Leaf Aroma: Smells like earl grey

Brewing Aroma: Bergamot and cream

Flavor: Maybe I just don’t like bergamot in tea anymore. The bergamot is certainly present, but very mild. I expected to like this MORE than regular earl greys, but I just found the bergamot to be off-putting.

I also made this as a cold brew, and liked it much better.

As a tea, a person who likes earl greys should appreciate this one. I didn’t find it to be very River Song-ish. A fandom blend for the notorious River Song should be spicy, IMO!

carol who

It absolutely should be spicy! I mean River Song!! That girl is hot and spicy!

Sarsonator

Totally. A River Song Blend should be a black tea with ginger and peppercorns, or maybe chocolate and cayenne. Definitely NOT something for the faint of heart!

Second to last one from my Doctor Who sampler. I just have a retaste of Jack to do and I’ll have gotten through all of them. I’ll more than likely have to do a retaste of this one too since I made it and then got some depressing news/had an equally depressing realization about my job and just wasn’t in the right mindset for this tea anymore. I just needed something comforting right now instead of new.

But what I did taste of it before setting it aside was slightly lemony. And while the dry tea smell was a fairly strong bergamot with maybe a hint of coconut lurking in the background, but I don’t really get either of those tastes very strongly in the brew. The bergamot was there kind of as a perfume at the back of the sip, lingering with the coconut as more of a ‘hi there. just passing thorough.’ than a ‘HEY!’ sort of taste. Lol. Which I don’t mind that much since I don’t really care for bergamot in my tea. It got a bit more zingy lemony when I added a bit of truvia, but after that I couldn’t really give it the attention it should have.

So what I did have wasn’t as bad as I was fearing considering all three of the individual teas are ones that I would never consider drinking since they’re all teas that I rather dislike. I’d try it again.

(1.5tsp used)

The coconut scent was off the charts when I opened this sample from my swap with Scheherazade so I was pretty stoked to try it.

Nice and creamy. The rooibos comes through in a bit of woodsiness only, but that’s perfectly fine. Had my sample with a bit of almond & coconut milk for breakfast. The more it cools, the more the flavours come out. Nice.

Courtney