Black Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 12 oz / 364 ml

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

created by: Cara McGee
I could describe this tea, but that would be spoilers.

Inspired by BBC’s Doctor Who, which I am in no way affiliated with. This is created purely for my own enjoyment.

ingredients:
earl grey moonlight, coconut, rooibos lemon cloud

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

This is a tasty blend!
Nicely lemony, a bit creamy. The flavors are bright & tangy, just like River Song herself!

River Song, you suck. Blergamot! yuck. I figured i would start with the teas in my pack that i knew i would be less enthusiastic about, but still hopeful. This is blergamot.

I’m cheating and removing this from my cupboard because i know i won’t drink the rest of it. Instead i’ll parcel it out to share with swap friends who want to try it or (looking at cavocorax), want more :)

also in terms of flavour…this really just tastes like an EG to me..that’s maybe just a little creamier? maybe?

Courtney

Blergamot haha.

Roswell Strange

when I first read the description I thought this sounded really good – and then I took a second to break down the individual components and realized it actually is probably something I’d be less than enthusiastic about taste wise – and that really I was probably only excited because of the character.

Fjellrev

Mmm, blergamot. I’d take that over poo-erh any day. :p

poo-er is delicious! it’s earthy, bold, dark taste is yummy! giggling

Fjellrev

Looks like someone is mesmerized by poo-ERGH.

Dinosara

You and me both Fjellrev!

Sipdown!

Okay so this is pretty good too. I noticed these Adagio teas have a certain… je ne sais quoi… smoothness or mellowness. I like it. I still like the TARDIS blend better. (I still dream of that blackberry mouthfeel.)

This is nice and creamy and enjoyable. My only complaint is that I would expect more attitude/zing from River.

So, when I found out that River will be returning for next week’s finale episode, I did a little happy dance! And then I promptly brewed a cup of this tea to celebrate. :-)

See previous tasting notes.

Yum, this is pretty great! Thanks cavocorax! Although, agreed: would expect something not so mellow from River :DDD (She’s so totally my fave, can’t help it.)

Anyway, before I read the spoilers! I thought it was citrusy-caramel, and wasn’t far off – coconutty citrus, I guess? It’s a good mix.

Cavocorax

I totally love her too now that I know more about her.

Cara captures yet another character perfectly. Smooth, yet exciting. A promise of adventure, whether you like it or not.

The creamy earl grey moonlight is perfectly complemented by coconut. The rooibos barely comes out, but the lemon is there very lightly. All in all a great tea. I think my brewing on it could do with some tweaking.

Sipdown! And thanks to Terri HarpLady for a sample of this tea, way long ago! Of course, my boyfriend and I burned through most of the episodes featuring River, so I ended up drinking it while watching Heroes. Ah well. Anyways, it was an intriguing blend. The brewed aroma was strongly earl grey/bergamot, but the flavour was more nuanced – I could taste the lemon (it reminded me of DavidsTea’s Earl of Lemon), and the rooibos (also, it gave me a scratchy throat), but didn’t notice the coconut. Perhaps it added a bit of creaminess, but not much else. I’m sure this would have been a bit tastier had I drank it sooner, but it was still a good cup (and I have a re-steep coming up later tonight, I think). Probably not a tea I would care to have again though, mostly because I didn’t care for the inclusion of rooibos here, and I’m not the hugest fan of earl greys (unless there’s loads of creaminess, which there wasn’t quite here).

This tea is an enigma. Without milk or sugar, it is sharply citrusy and faintly bittersweet. With milk and a bit of sugar it is rich and sweet, like lemon meringue pie. The perfect tea to drink while relaxing after a day of space archaeology, or while adding your latest adventure to your diary.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Citrus, Cream, Lemon, Sugar, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

I’m enjoying my DW teas today As i eagerly await the new Who. This tea is mostly Earl Grey which is fine but I’m not sensing much of the lovely River Song’s personality. I taste some creaminess but mostly an EG. This is lacking her spicy flare and naughtiness. Dare I put some peppercorns in the basket next time?

Flavors: Bergamot, Cream, Rooibos