Black Herbal Rooibos Blend
Bergamot, Cream, Lemon, Sugar, Brown Sugar, Citrus, Vanilla, Rooibos
Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 12 oz / 364 ml

• “This is a tasty blend! Nicely lemony, a bit creamy. The flavors are bright & tangy, just like River Song herself!” Read full tasting note
    terri-harplady 3230 tasting notes
  • “River Song, you suck. Blergamot! yuck. I figured i would start with the teas in my pack that i knew i would be less enthusiastic about, but still hopeful. This is blergamot. I’m cheating...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 7428 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Okay so this is pretty good too. I noticed these Adagio teas have a certain… je ne sais quoi… smoothness or mellowness. I like it. I still like the Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “So, when I found out that River will be returning for next week’s finale episode, I did a little happy dance! And then I promptly brewed a cup of this tea to celebrate. :-) See previous...” Read full tasting note
    lindseym 180 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

created by: Cara McGee
I could describe this tea, but that would be spoilers.

Inspired by BBC’s Doctor Who, which I am in no way affiliated with. This is created purely for my own enjoyment.

ingredients:
earl grey moonlight, coconut, rooibos lemon cloud

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

This is a tasty blend!

I’m cheating and removing this from my cupboard because i know i won’t drink the rest of it. Instead i’ll parcel it out to share with swap friends who want to try it or (looking at cavocorax), want more :)

also in terms of flavour…this really just tastes like an EG to me..that’s maybe just a little creamier? maybe?

Courtney

Blergamot haha.

Roswell Strange

when I first read the description I thought this sounded really good – and then I took a second to break down the individual components and realized it actually is probably something I’d be less than enthusiastic about taste wise – and that really I was probably only excited because of the character.

Fjellrev

Mmm, blergamot. I’d take that over poo-erh any day. :p

poo-er is delicious! it’s earthy, bold, dark taste is yummy! giggling

Fjellrev

Looks like someone is mesmerized by poo-ERGH.

Dinosara

You and me both Fjellrev!

Sipdown!

Okay so this is pretty good too. I noticed these Adagio teas have a certain… je ne sais quoi… smoothness or mellowness. I like it. I still like the TARDIS blend better. (I still dream of that blackberry mouthfeel.)

This is nice and creamy and enjoyable. My only complaint is that I would expect more attitude/zing from River.

See previous tasting notes.

Yum, this is pretty great! Thanks cavocorax! Although, agreed: would expect something not so mellow from River :DDD (She’s so totally my fave, can’t help it.)

Anyway, before I read the spoilers! I thought it was citrusy-caramel, and wasn’t far off – coconutty citrus, I guess? It’s a good mix.

Cavocorax

I totally love her too now that I know more about her.

Cara captures yet another character perfectly. Smooth, yet exciting. A promise of adventure, whether you like it or not.

The creamy earl grey moonlight is perfectly complemented by coconut. The rooibos barely comes out, but the lemon is there very lightly. All in all a great tea. I think my brewing on it could do with some tweaking.

After yesterday’s success with Rose Tyler, I was more than up for another earl grey blend this morning. River Song has a base of Earl Grey Moonlight, which is Adagio’s vanilla/cream earl grey. It also contains Rooibos Lemon Cloud and, looking at the dry leaf, it’s about a 50/50 split between the two. There are a few strands of toasted coconut running throughout as well. I used 1 tsp of leaf for my cup, and gave it 3 minutes in boiling water. It brewed up pretty dark, so I added a splash of milk.

I wasn’t sure about this one when I first read the description, which is probably why I’ve left it until now to try. I’m really impressed, though! The initial flavour is coconut, and it’s a smooth, coconut cream kind of flavour, with none of the soapiness I sometimes get from Adagio’s coconut blends. The lemon emerges in the mid-sip, and is bright and citrussy, but also a touch creamy in the way of lemon mousse. I can detect a touch of bergamot right at the end of the sip, but it’s barely there and by no means overpowering. It does cut through some of the rich creaminess, ending on a sharper citrus note, which is welcome after a few sips. Mostly, though, this is a lemon and coconut cream blend, and it’s as delicious as that sounds. A real tropical dessert tea! I didn’t expect to enjoy this one so much, but it just goes to show I can still surprise myself. An unexpected hit.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Hello sweetie! This tea is delicious! It almost reminds me of earl gray with cream but it has more flavors than that. It has a lemony note that’s bright and blends marvelously with the cream/vanilla. Almost dessert like :3

Flavors: Bergamot, Cream, Lemon, Sugar

Nichole

Sounds yummy!

Sipdown! And thanks to Terri HarpLady for a sample of this tea, way long ago! Of course, my boyfriend and I burned through most of the episodes featuring River, so I ended up drinking it while watching Heroes. Ah well. Anyways, it was an intriguing blend. The brewed aroma was strongly earl grey/bergamot, but the flavour was more nuanced – I could taste the lemon (it reminded me of DavidsTea’s Earl of Lemon), and the rooibos (also, it gave me a scratchy throat), but didn’t notice the coconut. Perhaps it added a bit of creaminess, but not much else. I’m sure this would have been a bit tastier had I drank it sooner, but it was still a good cup (and I have a re-steep coming up later tonight, I think). Probably not a tea I would care to have again though, mostly because I didn’t care for the inclusion of rooibos here, and I’m not the hugest fan of earl greys (unless there’s loads of creaminess, which there wasn’t quite here).