Black Fruit Green Blend
Earl Grey
Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

Bittersweet, old fashioned without being able to help it, and just a touch of the TARDIS still lingering. Farewell, Ponds….
Ingredients: irish breakfast, earl grey green, blueberry

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

Sipdown #2
My son Drew & I LOVE Dr Who (& who on steepster doesn’t, may I ask?)
So of course, we had to have this blend last season, sob…
The boys & I are in sipdown mode, so Leif made a nice big pot of this to drink during breakfast with our pancakes, & it was spot on! Slightly bold from the Irish brekky, a little blueberry, & little earl green. Fruity, tangy, & daring! I loved Amy & Rory… ;_; I miss them…

I miss them too ;_; I liked them much more than the newer episodes so far.

Terri HarpLady

The new companion is a cutie, & I’ve heard we’ll be getting a new Dr…

A new Dr? Oh man. Oh man! I thought they’d do something fancy for the 50th anniversary but I didn’t know if they would go that route.

I’m about 2-3 episodes behind though. I better catch up soooon.

Really? O.o Matt S. has been it for a long time now!

Terri HarpLady

I’m also a couple of episodes behind. We don’t have cable or satellite, so we watch the episodes on the internet. As for a new Dr, that’s what my son told me, based on stuff he read online I think…we’ll see! :D

Exciting. I love Matt Smith, but I’m open to change!

They have so many great British actors right now that I’m sure whoever they pick will be great! I’m one episode behind atm.

Terri HarpLady

Matt Smith as grown on me, but I LOVED David Tennant :)

Oh, me too! I watched Matt Smith’s first though, oddly.

Had a cup this morning at work. God why am I such a sucker for earl grey blends.

You’re probably more of a sucker for Doctor Who :) Earl grey is always a great choice!

Shhhhhh, I think it’s both. :S

I love that you have those Doctor Who fandom blends!!! :O I was tempted, especially by the pretty tins, but couldn’t really justify it… :|

i have to admit, i have over 20 other teas but the Adagio Blends that i have do tend to stand out in my collection.

i’m gonna maybe try the Smaug Tea, as soon as i make a dent in my current collection. :)

Cavo: I’m happy to send you some samples if you like! :D I saw you’re in BC like me~
Shmiracles: I have a cart ready on Adagio. It has: Mollomar, Sailor Moon, Q (all Cara M blends), Sam Winchester, and Butterbeer. Sooooo tempted!

I’m rating this tea… which means that I finally watched Farewell Ponds. ;___: No surprises there.

Well maybe a few. I knew what was going to happen, I knew that the episodes leading up to this were hinting at endings, yet I still teared up during a few moments of the show. OH MAN I AM A SUCKER FOR DOCTOR WHO.

I want to buy some TARDIS tea as well. Why does it have to be so expensive to ship to Canada. Basically $9 of tea will cost me $31 with the shipping. WHUT?!? So I won’t be getting any time soon, and I won’t be getting any Farewell Ponds either. I liked this tea as a nice mild blend but I was too busy watching the episodee to really enjoy the tea.

I’ll update this when I try the last bit of my sample. :|

And guys, don’t hate me, but I am happy to see Amy and Rory go. They were great. I love them, and I like that they spent 10+ years with the Doctor in their lives. But I’m afraid that it would have gotten very stale had they kept the Ponds in the show for much longer.

I guess I agree. They had spent so much time with him, and they were ready to leave. I still cried throughout this episode though…

I got teary eyed too, I’ll admit, but I agree 100% about it being time. And those shipping costs are intimidating!

Was that for the tea being awful, or what it stood for? :P

Definitely the tea! D:

I’m told this is connected with Dr Who. I’m working my way slowly through the series and haven’t gotten to the relevant part of it, so I’ll just review the tea.

It’s listed as a blueberry Earl Grey. It smells lovely but isn’t overly assertive as either. The scent of blueberries is noticeable in the dry herbs but fades once the tea is brewed. It becomes a homogenous blend and I don’t notice the blueberry or the bergamot.
Still, this is a pleasant enough brew with which to wake myself in the morning. It has become very familiar and comfortable (like a regular character on a TV show, I suppose), and is a go- to among my loose teas, many of which I haven’t sampled yet and really don’t feel like reviewing due to my backlog. Some days the unfamiliar is a bit angst provoking and it’s easier to go with a known factor.

It is not a tea I would go out of my way to order, yet it is pleasant enough, particularly on rainy days. I’m enjoying it slowly as the icy days of Winter give way to the rains of Spring and am considering making my final sip-down a cold brew.

Cooking TTB

This is definitely an Adagio Earl Grey blend. A pretty tasty one at that. Not sure I’d need to have more. I don’t taste the blueberry in it. This would be a good breakfast blend. It’s got that bold wake up sort of flavor. Just have to sip it down before it cools. Adagio blends tend to get bitter then.

Flavors: Earl Grey