Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

A rich, sweet, and bright blend, full of quirks (and just a touch bananas). A tea you’ll find yourself constantly reaching for.

Inspired by characters from BBC’s Doctor Who. Created for my own enjoyment.

Ingredients: Guanabana, Chocolate, Irish Breakfast
Accent: Chocolate Chips, Marigold Flowers

Creator: Cara McGee

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

Sadly…ten is a disappointment. It pretty much tastes like an average cup of black tea with maybe an echo of banana/chocolate. There’s not much there though, and it’s hard to tell that this is supposed to be a flavoured blend. sigh… how very disappointing. I love 10…but i don’t love this tea.

The irish breakfast in this comes out STRONG, with a nice kick of chocolate flavor. The guanabana flavor might as well not be there because I am not picking it up at all. I guess it might help if I knew what guanabana tastes like, but this is the first time I’ve even heard of it. I’m a l m o s t tasting a citrus flavor?

Now, as for this reflecting our beloved 10th Doctor, I’m not sure. The color reminds me of his suit/coat, and I know that chocolate should definitely be in there…There is something very comforting about it as well. But I almost want something a little more quirky to give this tea some sass. I guess guanabana is quirky because who even knows what that is? But taste wise, it’s not making me go “WOOOOAH THAT’S 10!” It’s more like “yeeah ok that’s passing for 10”. But yeah, it does taste good.

I like Eleven, I LOVE Ten. Yes, that’s accurate for both teas and doctors. Sipdown! Thanks again Sarah!

Thank you Sil for sharing this interesting sounding blend. Unfortunately, “interesting” is not a word I would use to describe the flavor. Instead I would probably use a word like “mundane” because this is like a run-of-the-mill black tea with just a bit of chocolate flavoring (fake chocolate, not the good stuff). Nonetheless, I am really glad I got to try it as this is another blend I can mark off my list.

yep… i was sad ten wasn’t more awesome.

Sorry Ten! I wish your tea was more memorable! It just tastes like a plain black tea with a little tiny bit of banana.

I’m happy Sil sent some over for me. I would have been disappointed if I’d just bought 3 oz of it!

(240)

VariaTEA

Oh no! There seems to be so many flavorful ingredients though. How can this be?!

Sami Kelsh

I’m thoroughly confused by this tea too, as I’ve got a blend with fairly similar ingredients and it’s chock full o’ deliciousness. Must be the proportions in which they’re blended. Poop.

That being said, Adagio’s discontinued the guanabana tea, so who knows? Maybe the creator will reformulate and come out with a tastier replacement. A fandork can dream.

Cavocorax

Hmmm. Maybe it’s the guanabana? It just seems to mild for a Doctor that is decidedly not.

Maybe I got some stale tea leaf, but I find this an average little tea. A chocolate black tea. Can’t really detect any guanabana.

Mmm, this tasted just like a chocolate-y banana split after I added a bit of milk and sugar. This is a delicious tea, especially as a desert, and I absolutely love it, just like Ten. Careful not to over steep it, as you’ll lose some of the subtler flavors, but over all an excellent blend.