Green Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles

• “Everyone is having fun watching the Oscars and I'm stuck in the apartment working on my papers and presentations. Like what. No. This is not okay. I've legit been in the same spot for the longest...” Read full tasting note
    jump62359 397 tasting notes
  • “I wasn't sure about this tea at first, but it is very good. The green isn't harsh at all, and the chamomile blends with it very well. It tastes like it has honey in it. A very soothing tea.” Read full tasting note
    msjkiwi 16 tasting notes
  • “Mmmmm.... this mostly tastes like chamomile. I get that it's because Bruce needs to stay calm so he doesn't hulk out but it totally goes against the "I'm always angry" reveal in Avengers. So it's...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1393 tasting notes
  • “i kind of like the idea of bruce banner being green with a side of chamomile *giggling* This isn't a bad blend, but mostly it's full of chamomile. This is a very calming blend and a nice almost...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4034 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

blended by Cara McGee

A calming tea on the surface, but with an overwhelming green force brewing below.

Based on characters owned by Marvel/Disney. This tea blend is created purely for my own enjoyment.

ingredients:
earl grey green, green pekoe, chamomile

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

Everyone is having fun watching the Oscars and I’m stuck in the apartment working on my papers and presentations.
Like what.
This is not okay.
I’ve legit been in the same spot for the longest time and I think I’ve finally finished that 40page paper due on tuesday and I’ve finished the presentation as well.
Now I’m working on my like 5-7 page paper plus the presentation (which I haven’t even started yet) that’s going on on Wednesday.
OH MY GOSH I AM SERIOUSLY SO BURT OUT. I WANT TO JUST SURVIVE THIS WEEK.
I’m not the absolute biggest fan of chamomile but I feel like I needed some Bruce Banner to help tame the angry beast inside me.

I wasn’t sure about this tea at first, but it is very good. The green isn’t harsh at all, and the chamomile blends with it very well. It tastes like it has honey in it. A very soothing tea.

Mmmmm…. this mostly tastes like chamomile. I get that it’s because Bruce needs to stay calm so he doesn’t hulk out but it totally goes against the “I’m always angry” reveal in Avengers.

So it’s a good, soothing tea but not one I would crave often. Maybe before bed?

But the hulk should totally be an always angry tea I think.

OMGsrsly

What would you put in an always angry tea, though? :)

Dustin

^All the peppers. Maybe a touch of chocolate, but mostly peppers.

OMGsrsly

Haha. That was my first thought too, Dustin. Just. A bag with chili pieces in it. :)

Dustin

And maybe some tiny razor blades to add insult to injury, or in this case injury to peppers?

Cavocorax

Yes! Peppers! Or something that will jolt you awake or something…

OMGsrsly

Hmm… Now I’m thinking of something with puerh and toasted mate and chili and… vanilla? IDK.

i kind of like the idea of bruce banner being green with a side of chamomile giggling This isn’t a bad blend, but mostly it’s full of chamomile. This is a very calming blend and a nice almost end cap to the day. Relaxing and drinking this with my other tea and watching a bit of tv before tucking in to bed. yay for the weekend… (oh and thank you shmiracles for this one!)

Sami Kelsh

Does the earl grey come through in this at all? The combination of earl grey and chamomile intrigues me.

not to me.. and i’m not a fan of blergamot lol

Sami Kelsh

I am so happy that blergamot is a word now. My better half says that earl grey tastes like dishwater. Strangely, I haven’t wanted to drink plain earl grey in at least 10 years, but there are a few blends with it that I’m fond of. But blergamot just makes me giggle so much!

i just have to say..if in 25 years it’s in the dictionary…i will laugh like there’s no tomorrow ;)

so this is my last avengers tea to review. is this my last avengers tea to review?

i got it from jump62359 and it was a great plan cuz the tea is available on the west coast but they are all sold out at the warehouse on the east coat. i sent her half a bag of Loki and she sent me half a bag of Banner. and Hulk!Bruce is the one to bring Loki down in the end, so it was kinda a poetic plan :)

of all the avengers blends the ones i’ve bought more of are Coulson, Thor, and Steve.
Coulson and Thor are both mate & tea blends and i think i’m just in a toasted mate mood these days. earthy and dark. and hell, the Steve blend is just freakin delicious.

Bruce Banner’s tea is bit too mild for what i see Bruce’s character as. in the movie, with his few lines and introduction, he pretty much exudes a low level bitterness and random distrust at all times. and if you like difficult things you like him! a difficult feely nerd. with a lot of self blame and sardonic charm. (they really did a pretty good job of letting you get to know all the Avengers with a relatively small amount of screen time for each to do it in didn’t they?)

so ya, the tea is fine. good for a late afternoon or pre-dinner cup. but idk about the chamomile.

hey

i’m gonna put this here because you will need this someday and i have found it for you:
The Avengers Drinking Game

The Captain America Drinking Game

Cavocorax

Thank you, and thank you! (I see copperbadge and know I MUST dl!)

OMGsrsly

“the Steve blend is just freakin delicious” = me almost spitting out my matcha hot chocolate. Thank you for that image. :D :D

jump62359

I felt like this made a slightly decent Bruce tea, but not a Hulk tea… though the chamomile made it a whole lot more mellow than Bruce should be.
It needs to be more of a punch-you-in-the-face-because-of-my-brilliant-brains-and-smarts tea, rather than a look-at-me-frolicking-in-a-field-of-flowers tea hahha