Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 g 8 oz / 236 ml

• “i freakin love Cara McGee's lapsang blends. she just goes for it. balls out bold. and how accurate for the brash, aggressive, and charming Tony. remember, i am the person who pushes Cara's Smaug...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 709 tasting notes
  • “I was expecting a bit more out of this blend since it had Lapsang in it. But it wasn't the least bit smoky, the tiger eye was more dominant. It had more of a chocolaty taste than I cared for. ” Read full tasting note
    The_Apothecary_Is_In 36 tasting notes
  • “Smells a little medicinal in the bag, but that goes away when you brew it. It's smoky, with a sharp taste to it from the ginger. There is the slightest undertone of carmel, which is very nice....” Read full tasting note
    msjkiwi 16 tasting notes
  • “*SHMIRACLES* I'M FINALLY DRINKING TONY STARK. I'VE BEEN PUTTING THIS TEA OFF FO SO LONG AND TODAY IS THE DAY. Dude. I don't know what it is, but all the fandom blends that use Lapsang always taste...” Read full tasting note
    jump62359 389 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

blended by Cara McGee

Brash, Aggressive, and Rich. A blend at once frustrating and charming.

Based on characters owned by Marvel/Disney. This tea blend is created purely for my own enjoyment.

ingredients:
lapsang souchong, ginger, tiger eye

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

i freakin love Cara McGee’s lapsang blends. she just goes for it. balls out bold. and how accurate for the brash, aggressive, and charming Tony.

remember, i am the person who pushes Cara’s Smaug tea blend on everyone, so take that into consideration. but i suspect that i will always think that lapsang and ginger make an excellent blend. The Apothecary said that her bag wasn’t lapsangy enough. but mine has a good balance. the ginger is mild, but i get a nice bit of lapsang on the nose. the blend still has a steady foot in “black tea” territory. overall, smells INTENSE but is really really easy to drink. i bet it’s gonna go fast out of my cupboard.
(when i opened the bag that first time, my roommate was all “i can smell it from over here wowza”)

at this point, the only teas i buy from adagio are Cara’s lapsang blends. and the fact that she makes them for my fandoms, and they are perfect for sipping all winter long while i read mega piles of hawt Avengers fic, is really just a bonus. a really really special awesomesauce bonus.

Terri HarpLady

I love Cara McGee’s blends as well. They are the blends I’ve tried from Adagio. My favorite was Bilbo Brew, which I am still mourning the loss of.

Shmiracles

OMG what?!? no more bilbo brew??
my sister had some this morning and we discussed how good it was on the way to work! i will have to hoard the last bit i have left! dangit!! sad.

I was expecting a bit more out of this blend since it had Lapsang in it. But it wasn’t the least bit smoky, the tiger eye was more dominant. It had more of a chocolaty taste than I cared for.

Shmiracles

hello Apothecary! do you still have some of this Tony Stark tea? i love lapsang blends and i would be happy to swap some teas with you cuz i’d love to try it. i could even send you some extra bags for packaging it if that would help?

The Apothecary

I no longer have my Tony Stark anymore. I gave it to a friend who was interested in trying it. I have an almost full bag of Aziraphile that I’m not overly fond of. I would be willing to swap, if you’re interested that is :)

Shmiracles

aww, well i was interested in the stark because of the lapsang. so i guess i’ll pass on Aziraphile. (i’m currently drowning in swap teas and should really restrain myself if i can) but thanks for responding!!

The Apothecary

Hey no problem! I know the feeling it’s so hard to cut back, when there are so many good teas out there!

Smells a little medicinal in the bag, but that goes away when you brew it. It’s smoky, with a sharp taste to it from the ginger. There is the slightest undertone of carmel, which is very nice. However, it is VERY caffeinated (which fits Tony perfectly), so be careful drinking it unless you are really used to caffeine. I know I get a little jittery if I drink more than one cup.

Shmiracles

Hi Jordyn! i know you aren’t super active here on steepster but i thought i would check with you and see if maybe you’d be into doing a swap? mostly just because i’d love to try the Tony, Bruce, and Steve adagio blends that you have. (if you haven’t finished them yet)
here is a link to some steepsters talking about it….
if you’re into it, perhaps you could pick a few teas out of my cupboard and i will send them to you along with extra baggies so you can send me some tea back? just an idea.
if this doesn’t interest you feel free to ignore :)
also if you don’t wanna swap tea but just wanna recommend some fics that’s okay too haha

SHMIRACLES I’M FINALLY DRINKING TONY STARK. I’VE BEEN PUTTING THIS TEA OFF FO SO LONG AND TODAY IS THE DAY.

Dude. I don’t know what it is, but all the fandom blends that use Lapsang always taste so weird. Like I actually really like lapsang! But I haven’t had Adagio’s lapsang alone, only in blends, but I’m convinced that Adagio’s lapsang is just… weird in its own way.
Oh Tony. You smell like… it’s the cockiness in you that deserves such a smoky, dark, spicy tea.
OH GOSH NO.
I AM SO SORRY
BUT ONE SIP
What is in this blend!? Tiger Eye, Lapsang Souchong and Ginger
Oh gosh. I’ll like force this down my throat and resteep to see if I can get a different taste, but at first sip, this is a no.

EDIT: This got a bit tame as it cooled and a lot of the flavour sank to the bottom. Not completely terrible and sour and gross from what I tasted right when it finished steeping, but at least it was a totally drinkable tea :)

Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML
carol who

Always sad when a tea you were really looking forward to end up being disappointing. Especially a fandom tea.

Phew. This one does not immediately go onto my re-order list which is a relief because I’ve already got Loki and Thor and haven’t tried the rest, and at 3 oz a tea, how many can one reasonably order just for oneself?

This is good, don’t get me wrong. It’s bold. It’s flashy and in your face, and… well that’s Tony? There might be the faintest sweetness in there, although I’m sure that would be aboslutely denied if directly pointed out… This just isn’t one I would crave very often.

Thank you Shmiracles! The rest of this is off to ozli! (181)

Another tea from shmiracles. I was hoping for a bit of zing from the ginger but i’m finding instead that this is mostly just lapsang. It could just be that there wasn’t a lot of ginger in the bag or something. On the plus side, this isn’t a bad lapsang and with alittle bit of maple it smoothed out into a rather tasty cup. thanks shmiracles!