Black Chai Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

blended with black tea, rooibos tea, ginger root, cinnamon bark, orange peels, cardamom pods, cloves, raspberry leaves, natural cranberry flavor, natural vanilla flavor, cranberries, natural orange flavor

teas: orange, cranberry, rooibos vanilla chai

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

I think i need to steep this one longer. I’m always a little wary of Adagio’s black so I tend to keep the temperature under boiling and the timing shorter. But i think with this one, i can steep it longer. It’s not a bad tea, but it’s clearly a chai ish sort of tea. Because of the under steep, it’s not as flavourful as i want it to be, but it isn’t a bad sort of taste. On the whole, trending towards being good. But i’ll rate this next time when i steep for longer!

Terri HarpLady

I’ve only tried a few of the Dr Who selections.

I think this tea goes bad fast, or I received some that had been sitting around in its bag for a while. I wanted some spice this morning and brewed this tea. It tastes… weird. And no, it’s not because I brushed my teeth prior to consuming this tea. I poured myself another cup and something is off about it. This tea has become less tart and more bitter. I may need to retire this one, I do not enjoy bitter flavors in my tea.

First tea of the day. I’m glad this week’s finally over – it’s been a long and difficult one for sure. I tend to gravitate towards Chai or Earl Grey when I’m tired – maybe it’s a comfort thing. This one was sitting out waiting to be tried, so it finally got its turn. I used 1 tsp of leaf for my cup, and gave it 4 minutes in boiling water. I added a splash of milk.

The first thing I noticed about this one was the underlying sweetness. At first I thought cherry, but it’s not quite like that. Cranberry is more like it – just a little tarter. There’s also a distinctive creaminess, which is more than the milk I added. Vanilla maybe. There’s a touch of orange in the aftertaste, but it’s kind of “orange squash” artificial. The chai spices are fairly subtle here, but there’s clove, cinnamon and caradmom for sure. It’s not an overpowering blend, so it allows the fruit flavours to shine. A really nice, distinctive chai. Just the thing for a lazy summer Saturday.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Sipdown! 988. Another from Sil, of course!

I accidentally saw the “tea type” when bringing up the review screen, so I know that this is a chai blend, but thankfully I tried it prior, and had already established that to me, it tasted like a bit of a spicy tea (very mild though), with some orange essence, and possibly some sort of “herbal” ingredient (although I couldn’t narrow that down any further). Looks like I was more or less correct (aha, raspberry leaves – that might account for “herbal”), but I can’t say I taste the vanilla, nor am I overly fond of this tea. It tastes like a very weak chai… as in, if you added even a splash of milk, the chai-ness would disappear. I like my chais strong and flavourful, so this doesn’t work for me. I do agree that a chai is fitting to Amy’s personality, but this is too weak (likely diluted by the addition of two non-chai teas to the blend).

I really like this one :) It’s tart, sweet, and has a kick of spice to it. The cranberry is kind of what makes it different from other spice teas. Good blend of flavors.

Sounds like Amy, to me :)

The last of my Dr Who sample teas from Sil!

This one was just meh. A weak chai, and I’m not sure I like chai enough to drink a weak one.

I feel like the whole Adagio “oh, she’s a spunky character, I will make her into a chai tea!” fandom thing gets old fast, like there’s only so much they can do.

I’ve reached the conclusion that so far I haven’t loved any of their teas enough to buy them. Except Kaylee I think, the rosey Firefly one. But I do have a few more to try, from Cavocorax, so I am looking forward to those!

Thanks Sil, for helping me reach that conclusion without buying tons of tea that I didn’t love!

Yeah, a large part of the appeal for the fandom tea is just the association with the characters, I think. So I’ll drink Sherlock and think about life on Baker Street, and that’s fun but they’re nott OMG i have to haz teas by any means! (Which is why I wanted to send you some before you bough any!) Of course there ARE a few gems but it’s hard to find them when anyone can create a blend.

Thank you Sil for sharing this with me! I steeped it for 4 minutes and that seemed to be the right way to do it. This tea is a mild chai, with hints of orange and vanilla. I wonder if I should have steeped it even longer? It’s nice, with a bit of punch but Amy could definitely be punchier. :P Maybe Rory mellowed her out a bit?

And with this cup done, I am at 186! (and as Sil would like to point out, with all my incoming orders I’m more like 208), but that’s ok. I’m topped up on Butiki, WP, RiverTea, Adagio, A&D, TTC etc so I can’t see how anyone else could tempt me with a sale now! issues you a challenging stare

my cupboard wants to be at least as skinny as yours is right now… at this rate though i’ll be lucky to hit 200 this weekend. I’m having tea apathy lol

Awww. You’re pushing yourself too hard! Sit back with a few favorites and don’t worry about your #’s for a few days? You can still probably hit 185 for the end of the month!

I did get most of my small ones sipped down – so it’s going to get much harder…

That’s going to inadvertently happen, with painting and stuff this weekend, always means less time for tea. I’d like to at least get to 200 this weekend, though with the river teas being picked up, dunno if that will happen.

What’s TTC?

taiwan tea crafts

They’re great! If you order 25g samples and spend more than $25 you get free shipping! Sil told me and I had to do it!

Amy Pond… how I miss you. Sigh! But back to the tea, I am enjoying this fruity chai which reflects Amy’s personality quite well. I added a little French Vanilla Stevia which really brings the flavors together! The cranberry and raspberry add just a little to the chai spices. Quite enjoyable.

Wow, my head hurts. I should probably sleep. I have a million things to do (okay, a million CVs to email) tomorrow!

I probably wasn’t quite in the right mood for this one when I made it, as it’s a bit of a cold-weather tea for such a mild spring day, but it’s definitely pleasant. I also can’t say I got much distinctive cranberry flavour to it, but it’s definitely a nicely fruity chai, with emphasis on the cinnamon, clove, and a whisper of orange, and it’s warming and cozy with a little sugar.

(Though I still think I’d have liked Amy better if they’d made her an actual police officer instead of a kissogram.)

Big thanks to Sil for sharing!

happy to share in doctor who fan blends anytime!

I am SO with you on the kiossogram thing…..

Sami Kelsh

I do love the Doctor Who teas, Sil, thanks!

Glad it isn’t just me who wishes we’d seen Actual PC Amy instead of vague sex-related non-career!

To me, this tea tastes like a gumball but with a little bit of zing to it. But in a good way! It’s a good tea when you want something with a bit of spice to it but aren’t feeling like a traditional chai.