Black Tea, Cardamom Pods, Ceylon Sonata, Cinnamon Bark, Cloves, Ginger Root, Natural Spice Flavor, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Orange Peels
Cloves, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Pyroxy

2 Images

• “I picked this to drink because of the ginger root. It's been on my shelf since my last Adagio order, when I picked out several of the Hobbit blends. I am a fan of Cara McGee's blends so far, & this...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2913 tasting notes
  • “thank you terri for this one! I'm not sure if it was the steeping or something i did but this tastes mostly just like a slightly spicy vanilla black. However, i am a-ok with that because it's...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4875 tasting notes
  • “Kili is the reckless one. the younger one. definitely the flirty-er one. this tea is all chai-ish with it's cinnamon and it's cloves and it's cardamom. and it has a strange scent that i cant quite...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 739 tasting notes
  • “Kili again today :) He definitely is my FAVOURITE in the entire The Hobbit sampler set. This is probably going to be the first to run out and when it does, I'm definitely going to buy the bigger...” Read full tasting note
    jump62359 581 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

created by: Cara McGee
A smooth, bright blend, just this side of mature, but with an unmistakable sweetness.

teas: ceylon sonata, oriental spice, vanilla
accented with ginger

steep at: 212° for 3 mins
Tea inspired by and for all great adventurers.

pre Feb 2014 version info
created by: Cara McGee
ingredients & lore
blended with black tea, ceylon sonata, natural vanilla flavor, natural spice flavor, orange peels, cinnamon bark, ginger root, cloves, cardamom pods
teas: ceylon sonata, oriental spice, vanilla
accented with ginger
Inspired by The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien, which I am not affiliated with. Blend created for my own enjoyment.

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

I picked this to drink because of the ginger root. It’s been on my shelf since my last Adagio order, when I picked out several of the Hobbit blends. I am a fan of Cara McGee’s blends so far, & this one is warming with spices, kind of like a Chai, but different.

Tealizzy

We are watching the hobbit on DVD right now! Lol! I need to get some of those blends!

thank you terri for this one! I’m not sure if it was the steeping or something i did but this tastes mostly just like a slightly spicy vanilla black. However, i am a-ok with that because it’s pretty tasty! it still has that weird black taste that all adagio blends seem to have that i dislike but it’s not objectionable in this blend because of the vanilla :) Thanks terri!

Kili is the reckless one. the younger one. definitely the flirty-er one.
this tea is all chai-ish with it’s cinnamon and it’s cloves and it’s cardamom. and it has a strange scent that i cant quite place and don’t quite like. perhaps it’s due to the way the SLIGHT vanilla mixes in?
i love ginger and i love vanilla too. but i don’t get much of them in this cup.
i don’t know. this tea is confusing. kind all over the place. but it does blend in the end i suppose. haha, just occurred to me, this is probably appropriate for ADHD Kili.
(i’m thinking about making a ginger-nilla lapsang blend via adagio? or maybe just lapsang vanilla.)

a powerful dwarvish head bonk to you Shadowfall!

Kili again today :)
He definitely is my FAVOURITE in the entire The Hobbit sampler set.
This is probably going to be the first to run out and when it does, I’m definitely going to buy the bigger 3ox bag!

Mmm, the second time I brewed this was decidedly more underwhelming than the first…the flavours came out mostly as just ginger and cardamom (or maybe cinnamon) and it went terribly bitter as it cooled down.

Overall this cup wasn’t half as much fun to drink and I’m adjusting the rating accordingly. :/

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Unsure what to make of this one. I’m finding the cloves a bit too much in the blend, and it’s ruining my enjoyment of other teas, as my mouth is numb almost instantly. It’s a bit of a vanilla-y chai, “but different” like Sil said in her review. I doubt I’ll go out of my way to buy this, however it’s still an okay tea. Super happy I got to try it though – and that’s thanks to jump62359. Mucho gracias!

Flavors: Cloves, Vanilla