Black Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles

• “I probably shouldn't have steeped this the same time as Mycroft as they have similar ingredients. I was worried I'd mix them up but the almonds in this gave it away. I can taste the...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1392 tasting notes
  • “Hello Captain! You know? I'm ok with this one. I think i've figured out that the adagio ceylon is NOT my preferred black base, but it's not terrible in this one. Yes there's a rooibos presence,...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4026 tasting notes
  • “"What are you captain of? The Innuendo Squad?" idk what the descriptor is talking about, this tea is rooibos heavy (at least the sample i got is) so i don't think it would keep me "up all...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 711 tasting notes
  • “I didn't really care for this one. Had a very strong marzipan-y smell out of the bag and it brewed up the same. Almond was overpowering to me and I couldn't smell or taste much else.” Read full tasting note
    Shadowfall 149 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

created by: Cara McGee
A smooth, timeless blend guaranteed to charm anyone off their feet. You can take it to bed, but it will probably keep you up all night.

- teas: ceylon sonata, rooibos almond, chocolate chip
- blended with ceylon sonata, rooibos tea, black tea, natural almond flavor, natural chocolate flavor, dark chocolate chips, cocoa nibs

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

I probably shouldn’t have steeped this the same time as Mycroft as they have similar ingredients. I was worried I’d mix them up but the almonds in this gave it away.

I can taste the almond/marzipan goodness over a basic black base. Some people don’t like Adagio’s black bases, but I find that if I steep it for 2.5 minutes at slightly less than boiling, they taste quite nice.

I can take or leave this tea. Sadly, the same can be said for the namesake character too. He had some good moments in Doctor Who, but not enough to get me to try Torchwood.

Thanks for the sample Shadowfall

Awe…I like touchwood. Also, how else will you know more about the face of bo grin

*toRchwood. Stupid phone

Shadowfall

Lol. No problem. Sounds like you like it, at least better than I did. I couldn’t get past the almond. Ugh. XD

Awww, poor Jack. I love his character. I just don’t agree that this tea is his, so to speak. I really need to put together the blend I made up for him. XD Torchwood is pretty good. One of these days I’ll get around to finishing the first season. Lol!

Terri HarpLady

I’ve watched a few episodes of Torchwood, but it takes a lot to get me to sit down in front of a tv for any length of time. One of these days I’ll do an all weekend marathon & watch all episodes back to back. That’s usually my method.

Cavocorax

Well maybe someday I’ll check out Torchwood but I don’t get much tv time alone so maybe I’ll try it after I get through Downton Abbey!

I know people really adore Jack, and I liked the Face of Bo thing, but I just didin’t get the appeal I guess. But then a few episodes as a side-character might not be the best introduction.

Terri HarpLady

Yeah, I loved the whole face of bo thing too! I loved captain Jack on the Dr, but I’m not always a fan of ‘spin offs’, and also, I was just getting into Dresden Files (which admittedly started out a little lame, like so many scifi channel series do, but having read the books, I had to watch it, & I thought it was just getting good). We watched the entire first season on Netflix, then they cancelled it. Initially I thought they had replaced it with Torchwood, so I wouldn’t watch it in protest. Later I realized they had actually replaced it with Warehouse 13, which I had also watched. Oh well…so much for holding a grudge, :\

oh man. i watched ONE episode of dresden files and swoer never again since it was so unlike the books and i hated the guy playing harry. they ruined it for me because i ADORE the books.

Terri HarpLady

The books are great! The guy playing Harry actually grew on me by the end of that first season, but the guy I REALLY loved was Bob! LOL!

JennyFur

Jack is my favorite. Right up there next to River Song. I can understand why he’s an aquired taste. Between the character himself being a little over the top, and the actor playing that up, it could be grating.

Hello Captain! You know? I’m ok with this one. I think i’ve figured out that the adagio ceylon is NOT my preferred black base, but it’s not terrible in this one. Yes there’s a rooibos presence, but it’s not dominating. I do get the almond flavour, though it’s pretty subtle. There’s a hint of the chocolate…i guess? i think? but it’s not very strong. Do i like this tea? it’s alright…but it’s NOT captain Jack to me…and it’s not quite what it claims to be.. :)

Roswell Strange

Not sure about the tea version, but I do you me some Captain Jack ;) He can say ‘hello’ to me anytime.

Roswell Strange

**do love me

yeah…it’s weird though when Barrowman has appearances on “Arrow”..my head always goes whaaaaaaaa

“What are you captain of? The Innuendo Squad?”

idk what the descriptor is talking about, this tea is rooibos heavy (at least the sample i got is) so i don’t think it would keep me “up all night”. ..unless john barrowman served it to me personally i suppose??
har har
this IS a nice tea. i can taste the almond and the light chocolate hints.
thumbs-up!

in related news
someone made this.
and then i watched it.
oh internet.

Single Ladies – John Barrowman

thanks Shadowfall!

Lindsey

That video completely made my day!

CHAroma

Hahaha! I like how they offset the clip used for backup dancers by a few frames to make them feel like separate entities. Very clever!

I didn’t really care for this one. Had a very strong marzipan-y smell out of the bag and it brewed up the same. Almond was overpowering to me and I couldn’t smell or taste much else.

Shmiracles

i would love to try this one. maybe we could do a tiny swap when i get back from vacation in a few weeks? you can browse my cupboard if i have something you wanna try? no pressure. just a possibility :)

I thought this tasted a lot like scotch and dark chocolate, and that’s a pretty delightful combination in my opinion. I got this in the Doctor Who sampler, but I’m definitely going to buy this one out right, it’s so delicious, just like the good Captain.

I’d been pretty disappointed by some of the custom blends I’d had, but this one is the perfect blend of sweet/classic black. The almond really comes through. It is nice and smooth. Will definitely have a few more cups. Sweet and strong, just like Captain Jack.