Party King / Thranduil

Fruit Green Blend
Earth
Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles

• “Oh Thranduil! Dude. I haven't had my Hobbit blends in so long! I don't know if I brought any of them with me to Florida because the tins just took up so much space? Thranduil definitely smells...” Read full tasting note
    jump62359 395 tasting notes
  • “i'm not really a green tea girl. i drink them and i'm always looking for one that helps it all click for me, but i don't seem to have found it yet. the apricot is nice, the vanilla gives it a...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 712 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

created by: Cara McGee
A surprisingly strong (maybe even stubbornly so) green blend, this tea might edge on fussy, so brew with care.
blended with green tea, hojicha, natural vanilla flavor, apple pieces, natural apricot flavor, apricots, marigold flowers
teas: apricot green, vanilla green, hojicha
steep at 180° for 2 mins
Tea inspired by and for all great adventurers.

pre Feb 2014 version info
Blended with: green tea, hojicha, natural vanilla flavor, apple pieces, natural apricot flavor, marigold flowers, apricots
Teas: apricot green, vanilla green, hojicha

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

Oh Thranduil!
Dude. I haven’t had my Hobbit blends in so long! I don’t know if I brought any of them with me to Florida because the tins just took up so much space?
Thranduil definitely smells funny. It’s the hojicha. It smells nice and fruity in the tin, but oh whoa does the hojicha take over. Veeeery earthy.
This tastes very much like how I had it way long ago. Still that weird earthy taste that is very MUCH like Thranduil. Not the biggest fan, but it does reflect the character so I can’t get mad about that :)

I was talking to my roommate about the hojicha and she has never heard of that tea before. I picked one out of the blend, gave it to her, and she decided to eat it ahhaha Oh she’s an interesting one :)

Flavors: Earth

i’m not really a green tea girl. i drink them and i’m always looking for one that helps it all click for me, but i don’t seem to have found it yet.
the apricot is nice, the vanilla gives it a smoothness, but for me it’s ultimately just too light. i drank most of it but i didn’t finish the cup before it got cold. then i put a plate over the mug to protect it from cat mouths and just added some hot water in the morning before i gulped it down.
it’s an appropriate tea for Thranduil, but not for me. (maybe my sister will like it :))