Black Oolong Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by oddree

• “OH, I GET IT - CHERRY. STILES. CHERRY. Stiles is a virgin. (Don't worry, Stiles, your sourwolf will figure it out someday.) In the bag, this tea smells kind of ridiculous and annoying, like cough...” Read full tasting note
    oddree 78 tasting notes
  • “i'm not the hugest Teen Wolf fan out there or anything. but there would have to be something wrong with me if i couldn't see the appeal of a show that has a fan base like this one does. and good...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 712 tasting notes
  • “This is quite a delicious cuppa! This isn't one that is normally my favorite, because as much as I like almond oolong, the assam meleody seems to cut it a bit. However, today the cherry seems more...” Read full tasting note
    ChasingIdeas 4 tasting notes
  • “Hmm.. a nice tea. I don't know how I feel about the cherry though. Definitely not in the Teen Wolf fandom so I have no idea how Stiles is supposed to taste like! I know nothing about his character....” Read full tasting note
    jump62359 393 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

With sweet, intense notes of Assam, and a slightly nutty edge of almond oolong, this tea is rounded out with just a hint of bright cherry, then accented with cocoa nibs. The resulting blend is strong, quirky, and ever so slightly reckless.

Ingredients: assam melody, almond oolong, cherry
Accents: cocoa nibs

Blended by Cara McGee

blended with assam melody, oolong tea, black tea, natural almond flavor, natural wild cherry flavor, dried cherries, rose petals

steep at 212° for 3 mins
Inspired by MTV’s Teen Wolf. Blend made purely for my own enjoyment.

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

OH, I GET IT – CHERRY. STILES. CHERRY. Stiles is a virgin. (Don’t worry, Stiles, your sourwolf will figure it out someday.)

In the bag, this tea smells kind of ridiculous and annoying, like cough syrup (or Stiles) but the more you drink it you realize how awesome it is and you want it have it around all the time (like Stiles). Who doesn’t love cherry, almond, & cocoa? It’s like chocolate cherry pie.

I’ve had other Stiles teas, and they’re usually very very green (STILES SMELLS LIKE FRESHLY CUT GRASS TO SOURWOLVES IN FANON, GET IT?) which is totally fine, but I am very amused by the jokey cherry hokeyness of this tea which becomes more familiar and sweet and reminds me of my mom’s cherry pie recipe (with lots of almond extract) in the end. See, memories of mom. How many ways can this tea be tied to Stiles? Let me count the ways. No, really, let me…

Eee! Awesome!

OMGsrsly

Also, I read an au fic last night where Stiles works in a tea shop.

oddree

OH! Link me, please :) I’m in the middle of a deputy!Stiles fic, and I’ve only read coffee shop AUs.

OMGsrsly

Whoops, it disappeared. Darn markup. deputy!Stiles is good. :)

Here is the deputy!Stiles fic: http://archiveofourown.org/works/1152767
…. and there’s another one she’s written that I’ve started. I’m on a roll!

OMGsrsly

OMG, just the summary is golden. :D Thank you!

i’m not the hugest Teen Wolf fan out there or anything. but there would have to be something wrong with me if i couldn’t see the appeal of a show that has a fan base like this one does.
and good casting is just good casting amiright?!!!
i totally watch episodes here and there.
usually because oddree will tell me something about the plot and then i’ll just have to go see this wonderful nonesense for myself.

so i ordered this tea cuz this is totally my sister’s ship.
but also, the blend sounded freakin delicious! definitely not really flavoured like my other teas.
and i declare this to be a very good choice i made. (yay self! yay tea!)

it’s totally a cherry tea. i mean the smell in the bag isn’t very appealing, but like many adagio teas, it’s much subtler after it’s brewed. blends nicely with the almond notes.

all the kids on this show get drama-show tortured and tormented. it’s hard enough being a teenager without all the magic ya know?? when i watched an episode this weekend, i think i must have said “poor so-and-so” at least 15 times. sheesh. sigh.

oddree

YAY! I totally appreciate the ship support – and these teas are pretty great, too. Also, the After After Show. And helping to pass the time while rolling out pierogi dough. Happy Moonday!

ifjuly

yay Stiles! i’ve only seen seasons 1 and 2 but i was super surprised how much i dug it.

Sami Kelsh

All I know about Teen Wolf I know from tumblr. Which means that if Wolf weren’t in the title, I’d think it was just a show about a weirdly intense dude and his snarky little boyfriend and some other people who sometimes show up I guess.

Oh tumblr. Don’t ever change.

Adagio cherry has kind of a cough-syrup note to its smell for me in its dry state, but it’s so nice when it’s actually brewed.

OMGsrsly

I watched season one and jumped ship. From episode recaps, etc, I’m kinda glad I did!

oddree

Sami, I’ve been laughing at your description since yesterday hahaha! I can’t defend the show, really, and I can’t take fanwank anymore, but when I OTP, I OTP, and I’ve been having a blast since last summer with this ship, I just choose my fics and tumblrs wisely. Even if I wasn’t watching the show, I’d try to catch the After After Show online.

ifjuly

i mean, i haven’t kept up but that WAS pretty much the show, really, at least 1 and 2. ha.

This is quite a delicious cuppa! This isn’t one that is normally my favorite, because as much as I like almond oolong, the assam meleody seems to cut it a bit. However, today the cherry seems more pronounced. Maybe it’s just because all tea tastes great to me, as I can actually taste it again after recovering from my cold.

I don’t know how I feel about the cherry though.
Definitely not in the Teen Wolf fandom so I have no idea how Stiles is supposed to taste like! I know nothing about his character. My knowledge on Teen Wolf though.. Every character that I know of, they’re just one character with different names so I honestly have no idea who is in Teen Wolf and what this show is about!So I’m just rating this on the tea itself.
It’s a nice balance.

It’s a nice balance.
The cherry does take over the chocolate though. I almost get no chocolate taste! But the cherry is very present, but not so much that it tastes like medicine. If I didn’t look at the ingredients, then I would not have known to look for almond notes. Yes, I do taste faint almond flavours, but only because I was looking for it. The cherry is very pronounced! But I like how the Assam tones it down a bit. Add more cherry and less assam then it probably would be more on the medicine side, rather than the nice tea side :)A decent blend! Hoping I would have tasted more of the oolong though.

Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

thank you*shmiracles!* This is a really pleasant cup this morning. I don’t get much almond flavouring in this one but the cherry is quite nice. It’s somewhere between cherry candies and real cherry flavouring, and the assam in this one is cutting through the sweetness, preventing it from turning in to a cloying mess of blech. Thanks again for all these fun adagio blends shmiracles :)

So, I’m not a huge Teen Wolf fan; I watch it from time to time, but I don’t necessarily keep up on it. Still! Shmiracles was nice enough to send an unexpected package of samples and this was one of them, so I was happy drink up.

Initially this smells a little bit like cherry cough syrup, like most cherry things kind of seem to, but it’s far more subtle once it brews up. It’s a mild cherry, and the almond is separately recognizable, but also mild. As fair as cherry blends go, this one is pretty satisfying.

Thanks Shmiracles!

Shmiracles

surprise!
well i had to send you Billy Wiggins & Bruce Banner! Collect them all!
so, ya know, i threw a few extras in too. :)
i’m not a big Teen Wolf person either but my sis is and the blends actually sounded interesting to me, so it was an easy decision to buy.