Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles

• “Watching fringe, eating butter tarts from the tea festival, trying out a few more of my Dr. Who fan blends so i know what i like and don't. This one is a bit better than the other two, which is...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4942 tasting notes
  • “Sample sipdown! This one was drank in the middle of a frantic cleaning rush, I had to microwave it because I let it get cold at some point. It was decent! Nothing special.... Just a weak cinnamon...” Read full tasting note
    whatshesaid 502 tasting notes
  • “Big thanks again to *Sil* for sending this along in our exchange! Oh, my head hurts today. It hurts like somebody's prying open my forehead with a pair of rusty kitchen tongs in order for a flock...” Read full tasting note
    whatthefoucault 186 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! (236) - Probably my last for the night. And I think that's it for the Doctor Who samples from Sil! I think I like this one the most out of the other ones because of the orange and...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

At first glance you may assume this tea is plain, simple and maybe not very interesting, but let it stick around for a while, and you'll discover what a comforting presence it will quickly grow to be.

teas: irish breakfast, cinnamon, orange

Inspired by BBC's Doctor Who, which I am in no way affiliated with. This is created purely for my own enjoyment.

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

Watching fringe, eating butter tarts from the tea festival, trying out a few more of my Dr. Who fan blends so i know what i like and don’t. This one is a bit better than the other two, which is giving me confidence in my order of how i figured i’d like these blends heh. So far, i’ve been pretty spot on in terms of things. Again, not a fan of adagio’s black base but this is a decent enough cinnamon tea with a few other things going on. It’s not IN YOUR FACE cinnamon like i think it was david’s tea – glitter n’ gold…this one is much more subdued and you can still taste the tea.

also…OMG AAAH NEW TEA FORMAT FOR LOGGING JUST MADE MY HEAD EXPLODE WHEN I GOT TO THE DASHBOARD…. i can’t comment on my own tasting note anymore so i’m editing…

Starfevre

You can’t comment on your own tasting note? What if someone says something first?

Courtney

I miss Fringe so much.

Roswell Strange

It startled me too! I’m sure I’ll adjust, but right now not loving it.

Courtney…you can now. I think it was just a hiccup between the refresh :)

Roswell Strange

I couldn’t figure out how to “add” flavours. Coconut was the only one I wanted that was there. I was also looking for apple and pineapple :/

Roswell Strange

And I posted that on the wrong note…

Amariel

I ll not likely see her again. :(

TheTeaFairy

Haha! My head also exploded Sil!!

Amariel – huh? I’m lost

Sample sipdown!

It was decent! Nothing special…. Just a weak cinnamon black tea with a vague hint of orange, not nearly as spicy as I’d imagine a Donna Noble tea should be! That woman’s got spunk.

Thanks for the sample, Sil! :)

Big thanks again to Sil for sending this along in our exchange!

Oh, my head hurts today. It hurts like somebody’s prying open my forehead with a pair of rusty kitchen tongs in order for a flock of pigeons to crap directly on the surface of my brain. Either that or I’m about to give birth to Athena. I felt fine until I got that rejection from last week’s interview! Bloody bloody bloody. Back to the drawing board, I suppose. Would it be too much to ask that the mug cozy business began to boom and I could make my rent selling pretty knitted things on etsy? Probably. Maybe I should start approaching local tea rooms with the things. It’s not the worst idea I’ve had. Kelsh needs income.

Heck, I can’t even land a temp gig like Donna! Donna’s kind of my hero. She’s, I dunno, probably somewhere around my age, leads a fairly aimless life career-wise, just like me, and then goes on to go on all kinds of space adventures, kicking ass and taking names and saving everything. And she’s a total sassmaster. Donna’s the best thing to come out of the new series. So there.

This tea almost lives up to her sassy awesome. It’s just a little quiet, like Jack’s was yesterday. But the hints of citrus and cinnamon are definitely taking the edge off my headache. The Irish breakfast base has enough backbone that it doesn’t taste too watery or astringent, and milk and sugar are welcome additions to the brew. There’s a bit of orange that carries through, while cinnamon provides a warmth that builds toward the end of the sip. It’s Donna in one of her quieter moments, but I can definitely see her appeal.

Christina

That knitting for tea shops thing sounds like a good idea. You should go for it!

keychange

Job hunting can feel so soul-destroying. I hope your head stops hurting soon.

Sami Kelsh

I will! At the very least, I risk looking a bit of a muppet if nobody’s interested. What the hey. I don’t need to show my face in town ever :p

Sami Kelsh

Aww, thanks keychange. I miss when my life was full of promise and my soul wasn’t so bruised. At least the caffeine and warmth from the tea seems to have improved my head!

DeliriumsFrogs

Job hunting is the worst… the worst!!
I hope things turn around for you soon (and your pretty knitted things sounds so lovely….).
Your adoration of Donna is entirely appreciated; she’s utterly fantastic.
If a TARDIS shows up outside your apartment soon, I sure hope you keep us up to date on your tea drinking while you travel all of space and time….. :)

Aww, thank you muchly :3

Also, if the Doctor decides to take me on an adventure, don’t worry: I’m sure the TARDIS has wifi. And we’ll be stopping off to pick up my tea stash and my boyfriend, so I figure we can stop at a Three store and get an intergalactic data plan for my iphone too.

DeliriumsFrogs

I’ll be like Wilf, looking up in the sky waving at you (hopefully wearing an awesome Wilf hat….he always had great hats…. Oh, I LOVE WILF!!!….).

Sipdown! (236) – Probably my last for the night.

And I think that’s it for the Doctor Who samples from Sil! I think I like this one the most out of the other ones because of the orange and cinnamon. I mean, how can you go wrong with orange and cinnamon?

Although, it would be nicer if it were stronger orange/cinnamon. The black base is a little bland and Donna needs more pepper! Or fire!

Poor Donna. Poor, poor Donna. :|

But I’m happy I could enjoy this tea.

Also, here’s a good gifset for Donna: http://stefficr.tumblr.com/post/80312280193/screw-writing-strong-women-write-interesting

doctor donna!

TeaKlutz

Best companion is the best.

Amariel