Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles

• “Tea #3 This has a nicely spiced scent dry, but not sharp like a chai. The brew also smells slightly spiced and vaguely green. I did notice that the brew has a scummy green tone to it. I'm not...” Read full tasting note
    Shadowfall 149 tasting notes
  • “I got this as a gift from a friend and promptly made a pot of it for my housemates and me to enjoy. Everyone liked this one! It's a light tea blend of white monkey, vanilla green, and green chai,...” Read full tasting note
    creame01 10 tasting notes
  • “thanks cavo! I figured i should try and manage at least one sipdown today in addition to my black tea morning sipdown so i chose this one because it was a green/white blend and i was already...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4041 tasting notes
  • “This tastes good but I think part of that is because I just ate a blue whale candy and that's adding a lot of sweetness to it Ok, several sips later this is good but not mindblowingly amazing. ...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1397 tasting notes

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

Created by: Cara McGee
Teas: White Monkey, Vanilla Green, Green Chai
Accented with sprinkles, ginger and marigold flowers

Bright, curious, and smooooth, and just this side of quirky, maybe even a little embarrassing sometimes. Regardless, you’ll find yourself coming back for more.

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

Tea #3
This has a nicely spiced scent dry, but not sharp like a chai. The brew also smells slightly spiced and vaguely green. I did notice that the brew has a scummy green tone to it. I’m not really surprised since I’m betting that’s just the sprinkles fault. I have another tea from Adagio with sprinkles that does the same thing, though it’s not quite as noticeable with a black tea.
I was surprised at how watery this tasted to me though. Maybe I should’ve used 2 tsp instead of the 1 tsp for my 8oz? Next time I make this, I’ll have to up the measure, or else brew it for a bit longer than 2 min.
As it stands it was a green, spiced sort of brew to drink, though nothing particularly outstanding to me. It’s nicely light and doesn’t seem to want to knock you down with flavors, which is refreshing.

I got this as a gift from a friend and promptly made a pot of it for my housemates and me to enjoy. Everyone liked this one! It’s a light tea blend of white monkey, vanilla green, and green chai, with accents of ginger, marigold and…SPRINKLES. The sprinkles add a touch of sweetness, I think, and the ginger comes through as the predominant taste without being overbearing. This is a perfect tea when you want something like chai but not as heavy. Mmm..

thanks cavo! I figured i should try and manage at least one sipdown today in addition to my black tea morning sipdown so i chose this one because it was a green/white blend and i was already boiling the kettle for creamy eggnog lol I wish i was up for more tea drinking tonight but i’m about ready to crawl in to bed for a good night’s sleep. This was an interesting tea for me. I say interesting but mostly it means that i wanted this to be a black tea with this flavouring..but a black NON adagio blend lol

and that’s as explainy as i get tonight… now it’s time for a small glass of coconut rum and coke before bed…and no no the coke won’t keep me up..and the rum will help me sleep lol

Final Count: 188

This tastes good but I think part of that is because I just ate a blue whale candy and that’s adding a lot of sweetness to it

Ok, several sips later this is good but not mindblowingly amazing. Sorry Cecil. I love you, I truly do, but your tea does not speak to me as cleverly and beautifully as you do.

Poor, poor Cecil. Poor Night Vale. You guys – things are getting pretty intense! And dangerous.

I taste creamy lemongrass, and a little bit of ginger. I’m not even sure if lemongrass is in this, but that’s what I get.

Kat_Maria

Blue whale candy… OMG! I never knew about the existence of it until now… I am glad I don’t like candy anymore because otherwise I would seriously freak out! BLUE. WHALE. CANDY. A-DO-RA-BLE!

Cavocorax

It’s so good! My bf bought a whole tub of gummy candies and I just want all the whales! :O (but just a few at a time… they’re too tasty)

I just read outside in the sun during lunch, and it was glorious. Also, because I read this:
Mythological creature!Sherlock monthly fic partnered challenge series? By one of the best writers in any fandom? SO MUCH WIN. I’m halfway through the second one and I can’t wait to keep reading.

The first one is mermaid. LOVE.

Cecil tea – light and green – is perfect for this, today. There’s even tentacles on the cover art.

Cavocorax

Oooh, I added it to my kindle!
I’ve got about 2 hours left in a Clash of Kings and then, THEN!, I can spend the next month reading fic again. Or two months! Or more!

I just went a few months without reading any ‘real’ books so I have tried to focus on just one book, but that’s silly.

Mmmmmm Cecil. Bless you for your ethnically-ambiguous queer-representin’ smooth-talkin’ self.

Listeners, I am in love. I am in love with this tea. I find that chais tend, for me, to be hit or miss because I only like maybe 75% of the chai spices, and loathe the other 25%, so whether I like or hate a chai depends entirely on the balance in the blend.

So I wouldn’t even call this a chai. I’d say it’s a light, faintly floral white that tastes like a cup of gingerbread cookie. Not like crunchy gingerbread snaps, but the thick soft gingerbread like the faceless old woman who lives in my house used to make. I don’t think I’d go out of my way to restock (as I’m finding with most of the fandom blends) but this was very tasty.

Christina

John Peters (you know, the farmer) told me StrexCorp wanted him to provide some orange peel to add to this blend. Can you let me know if “intermittently phasing in and out of reality” is listed as a side effect on the label?

De

It is, along with glowing in the dark and a fruity smell. However, it is 100% free of wheat and wheat by-products!

Coldbrewed and amazing. Seriously, I should not enjoy this blend, but I dooooo. So much. It’s a creamy vanilla chai that isn’t backed by an astringent black, instead it has a light green and white in the background. This is lovely and I think I will finish off the sample iced.

There is a lot going on in this tea! I definitely taste the chai, but it’s more of a spicy chai than a cinnamon or sweet chai…also there is a strong taste of something else I can’t quite put my finger on, maybe the ginger? A good tea overall, but maybe too many flavors in one cup.

The elements in this blend are absolutely delicious. You have the soft white tea flavors, the sharp flavors of the ginger and it all intermixes into a smooth drink that refreshes as it goes down.

And that totally sounds like an advertisement.

That being said, it’s delicious and, although I generally don’t care much for blends, this one is pretty tasty.